Also of note is the fact that TT2.0 and Radiator Springs racers out west use the same ride vehicle system, so that is a big reason why Disney, when/if they bring Cars land to WDW, will not incorporate the ride.

That's crap.

So do Pirates of the Caribbean and It's A Small World.

When Walt Disney World doesn't build Radiator Springs Racers, there will be many reasons for it. The fact that its hardware internally resembles Test Track's won't be in the top 10.

Absolutely everything is speculation at this point, especially as Walt Disney World wades through this undeniably tricky time of being behind on many projects and trying to nurse MyMagic+ to health. The choir of voices representing industry insiders, though, say that Star Wars presence in Hollywood Studios is probably cancelled outright, but on the back back back burner at best (and think about it - Avatar was announced in 2011, opening in 2017. Any major project announced today wouldn't open until the end of the decade or later).

Unanimous among those insiders: a Floridian Cars Land is absolutely dead. Walt Disney World's infamously budget-conscious executives parried it down by removing Radiator Springs Racers and the impressive Cadillac Range, and the fumbled Luigi's Flying Tires would not be transported to Florida. So a "Cars Land" at Hollywood Studios would amount to themed shops and restaurants and one flat ride. Hardly impressive. It would be the blatantly cheap version of California's, and it would quickly be called out as such by fans.

After being supposedly cancelled in Florida, plans for a Star Wars land were green-lit for Disneyland in California where money flows much more freely and where maintenance and quality of show follow only behind safety in priorities. Funny enough, the other big Disneyland addition rumored to have the green light is a Monstropolis land that was originally planned for Hollywood Studios, but quickly axed for being too expensive.

It's hard for Walt Disney World officials to justify huge expenses because - frankly - people will come no matter what. Epcot could use a $1 billion renovation like California Adventure had; Hollywood Studios could probably use $2 billion. But why bother? People will come anyway, and from all corners of the globe. Disneyland's clientele is MUCH more locally based. Many visitors are the second or third generation to grow up within hours of the park. A very large percentage of daily visitors have annual passes. That's why Disneyland's standards are simply higher. Their attendance and revenue depends on people deciding to keep their family traditions and annual passes. Disney World doesn't have to worry about that nearly as much.

• Like 2

This is business, Disney thinks they can introduce young children going to the parks to the franchise and make even more money.

See Marvels campaign, creating content for all age groups, essentially raiding lovers of the comic so they are always with them.

My brother adores The Ultimate Spider-Man, my mom and dad and I watch Agents of SHEILD on Tuesdays and go see the movies.

When jakes grows up he will do the same...

^ I wish Marvel would create content for "all ages." The way things are now, I don't feel the movies are family friendly at all and that's a shame. I've got a 6 year old nephew who sees the toys in the store, especially at the Disney Store, and loves them but I definitely wouldn't show him the movies because they usually earn every bit of their PG-13 rating due to violence and profanity. The violence I can usually look past if it's done in sort of a sci-fi/comic book type way, but I have to think twice before exposing young children to profanity.

• Like 3

Epcot doesnt need a massive face lift. The FW pavillions have mostly been updated and the food and wine festival is a major draw. Didn't the company just spend a huge chunk of money updating FL at MK? I don't see such updates out West. The notion that DL gets pref treatment is bunk. The company is doing far more things in FL than in CA. New Vacation Club units, a Four Seasons hotel, actual homesites on WDW proper (not Celebration), plus Disney Springs and Magic Bands. No park can afford to sit back, do nothing and expect crowds to come based on name recognition alone.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

There is also a new hard ticket stage show premiering very soon there to be staged at various times called "Harambe Nights". The costumes look amazing..if I had to describe it, It's kind of like a Disney version of Cirque's Zumanity in Vegas. Judging from early sales, this show is going to be expreemly popular w guests!

• Like 1

^

Looks like a great event and Harambe is going to be very busy with both the Lion King show and the Savannah tours now. Animal Kingdom is soon to become an all day park with the additions that are planned over the next few years.

There is also a new hard ticket stage show premiering very soon there to be staged at various times called "Harambe Nights". The costumes look amazing..if I had to describe it, It's kind of like a Disney version of Cirque's Zumanity in Vegas. Judging from early sales, this show is going to be expreemly popular w guests!

More info on Harambe Nights.

http://www.disneydreaming.com/2014/05/03/disneys-animal-kingdom-harambe-nights-event/