Ugly Rumor: WalMart Buying Camden Park

Terp, being careful...some here have speculated it is a smaller version of a Delirium type ride.

That would be cool. Just hoping that it is not a version of Timber Tower, that Dollywood has had all the problem with.

So, I guess it is still on track to open in just over 10 days (approx) for the July 4th week?

Our company is having a day on Sat Aug 25th.

Call the park and ask. Let us know what they say!

I might just do that.

On a side note. I will not be made fun of for finding information, by just asking? I was reading another post that said they had talked to KI management on the topic of "Does Kings Island need another wooden roller coaster?"

I know you know the subject and the ugly "stir" it caused. LOL

Call the park and ask. Let us know what they say!

I might just do that.

On a side note. I will not be made fun of for finding information, by just asking? I was reading another post that said they had talked to KI management on the topic of "Does Kings Island need another wooden roller coaster?"

I know you know the subject and the ugly "stir" it caused. LOL

Many stirs have been created before, just a cycle that occurs! I would actually like to hear this information, havent been to Cam.P for a while

• 3 weeks later...

My wife just told me the same thing, about the "park and ride" She stated that as old rides broke down and are getting more expensive to fix, or even find parts for, they will remove these rides. Plus they plan to open a museum about the history of Camden Park. The change over to Camden Park-and-ride to Kings Island. My wife said she thinks the park is overpriced and not a very good value. (Sorry to say, I agree) The only time I make it to the park, is when my employeer has a company outing.

The idea of a "park and ride" makes no sense to me, who is gonna pay to ride a bus to Kings Island, unless it's a really good value??

If Camden Park was a short distance, let's say 30-60 miles, I could see this as a pretty good idea, but Kings Island is almost 3 hrs. from Huntington.

My wife just told me the same thing, about the "park and ride" She stated that as old rides broke down and are getting more expensive to fix, or even find parts for, they will remove these rides. Plus they plan to open a museum about the history of Camden Park. The change over to Camden Park-and-ride to Kings Island. My wife said she thinks the park is overpriced and not a very good value. (Sorry to say, I agree) The only time I make it to the park, is when my employeer has a company outing.

The idea of a "park and ride" makes no sense to me, who is gonna pay to ride a bus to Kings Island, unless it's a really good value??

If Camden Park was a short distance, let's say 30-60 miles, I could see this as a pretty good idea, but Kings Island is almost 3 hrs. from Huntington.

I have to add another thing. Does someone else own the rides? The article states "Owners are in Florida?" I have never heard this?