Cedar Point Ride Watch

I always use Ride Watch on my Cedar Point trips. And despite the fact that anyone can submit any wait time they want, the posted times are surprisingly accurate. It is a very useful factor in planning the day. There are also quite of few users of the app, so a good majority of the attractions do have fairly recent wait time updates.

There is another app on the App Store called "Ride Hopper" that is essentially the same concept as Ride Watch, but for a variety of parks. Unfortunately, because the program lacks users, most parks are rarely updated. The app is useful however, when visiting more popular parks like Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Disney has solved that problem....their app ride times are entered by the ride ops using a card that is carried by a customer through the line to the ride op at the ride platform. Using several customers they get a pretty good average of the wait time. It worked well when I was last there. In fact you can see the ride wait times at all the parks right now.....It also tells you where rides are located and their approximate distance. Right now the Haunted Mansion is .....900 miles south of my location....with a wait time of 0 minutes (park is closed).