Vortex Down

shyflyer

Hi, just got back from KI. Had a good time. :D

Anyway, while in line for WindSeeker we noticed a train on Vortex was stuck on the lift hill. When we got on WindSeeker we could see someone climbing up the stairs. After WindSeeker we went to Shake Rattle And Roll and we saw security go up to evacuate the train. Aren't supervisors supposed to do that? Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had any theories, I know Vortex got a new chain last year, so I doubt that it's that.

Heres the most bogous theory out there

Ehm A magic troll decided to put his troll face on and rode the magic unicorn and stopped the ride by throwing up rainbows!

Now on to the main theory probably the chainlink, and or some lift malfunction that occured.

Has anyone have to walk down a lift hill before? My brother and I had to be walked down the lift of Flight Deck, we were about 30-35ft. out of the station, so we didn't have to go too far.

The ride-ops made an anouncement to our coaster train, told us they were on their way. Starting at the first car, maintenance and I guess some sort of either ride-op or supervisor, had to unlock each restraint (each set) and carefully walk us down.

I vote DT. "Ladies and Gentleman were are having problems with the ride cable releasing and we are going to unlock the restraints and have everyone climb down the ladder. remain calm as you will have to hang out over the edge and grab the seatbelt next to you and work your way around to the ladder". imagne SOB! sorry just had to throw it in this fourm is SOB free, but fixed that now. :D

• Like 1

Has anyone have to walk down a lift hill before? My brother and I had to be walked down the lift of Flight Deck, we were about 35-30ft. out of the station, so we didn't have to go too far.

The ride-ops made an anouncement to our coaster train, told us they were on their way. Starting at the first car, maintenance and I guess some sort of either ride-op or supervisor, had to unlock each restraint (each set) and carefully walk us down.

Yes, I've had to be evac'd in 2011 off of Racer opening day...many on this board were evac'd as well. I

When I worked on Diamondback in 2010, I had to evac people. Quite fun!

Yes, I've had to be evac'd in 2011 off of Racer opening day...many on this board were evac'd as well.

I was also on that train - nothing seemed to be working for me that morning (Beast and Crypt went down while we were in line, followed by the evac on Racer). I found it kind of fun!

Most amusing part was the former ride op in the train trying to help guide the current ride op who was struggling to open the restraints using the manual tool.

• Like 2

Why do the noobs think it's necessary to make a new topic when a ride simply closes for a few hours.....

I was wondering the exact same thing. I think this is easily the 3rd I've seen in the last week. If it were something major, obviously that would warrant a new topic IMO. But come on, rides break down and close...we get it.

I've never had an evac before and only one stopped ride, not counting routine turntable stops on WWC for wheelchair transfers or spacing between boats. The stopped ride was during Coasting for Kids this year; our train was stopped at the bottom of the lift because the lap bar for an empty seat in the back row wasn't down. They came out, put the lap bar down and started us back up within four minutes.

I technically got evac'd from BLSC but it was right next to the station. My friend who ended up having to go on the train after us got stuck at the second launch. And had to be evac'd from there. I also got stuck on the ski lift at Camden Park for 45 minutes. They eventually called the fire department and they brought their big ladder truck and had to get me and my cousin off the ride we were the only people on the ride. I don't think the ride has ever re-opened after that.