Vortex Down

shyflyer

I technically got evac'd from BLSC but it was right next to the station. My friend who ended up having to go on the train after us got stuck at the second launch. And had to be evac'd from there. I also got stuck on the ski lift at Camden Park for 45 minutes. They eventually called the fire department and they brought their big ladder truck and had to get me and my cousin off the ride we were the only people on the ride. I don't think the ride has ever re-opened after that.

Unless that happened this season your incorrect. I live very close to CP and I know the owners fairly well.

When was this event?

Has anyone have to walk down a lift hill before? My brother and I had to be walked down the lift of Flight Deck, we were about 30-35ft. out of the station, so we didn't have to go too far.

The ride-ops made an anouncement to our coaster train, told us they were on their way. Starting at the first car, maintenance and I guess some sort of either ride-op or supervisor, had to unlock each restraint (each set) and carefully walk us down.

I actually got a walk down the lift of Shoot-the-Rapids on sunday at CP. That was such a fun experience! We were stuck for almost an hour and it was worth every second. lol

That's the standard "parking" pattern when they close the ride down - one train halfway up the hill, one in the station and one on the back brakes outside the station. It's likely done that way because it's the only way they can unload the final train of riders without having to wait for an empty train to cycle all the way through.

I knew that gold link wasn't going to be strong enough to last through this season. ;)

>blushing<

I know a Vortex/WindSeeker ride op but he doesn't talk shop much, I'd love to hear it. I also know a cop who works 3rd shift Winton Terrace (the hood) and he doesn't talk shop much. Coincidence?

I was about to say the same thing. On the 4th of July, we ran over to Drop Tower when the park opened. We saw it do one cycle and then were told it was closing. It was down the rest of the day, and nobody was working on it at any part of the day. I understand a ride closing, but when maintanance doesn't even try fixing it all day, it is kind of sad.

I came to that as well. There is a lot of downtime this year.

Edit:

Not all day, but everytime we walked by no one was there. I'm not saying they were never there, I'm just saying it didn't seem like a big priority to get it open.

Edited by TTD-120-420

Delirium's been down. Wonder hoos fault that is... However, Delirium has been making test runs, so it begs the question-- If a ride has gotten a new part, does the ride have to be inspected top to bottom by the Department of Agriculture, or is it free to run? If it has been making successful test runs, why hasn't it open?

I have no idea what's up with Drop Tower. I think it could be something with the catch car (or whatever the proper term is for the thing that brings the gonola up the tower). When I went, I heard this buzzing sound when it would attach to the gondola, and when it started, it would somewhat falter while going up, like it was slowing down, then speeding up. I don't know if that made sense, my thoughts are hard to follow at times. But I can't really explain it any other way.

I was about to say the same thing. On the 4th of July, we ran over to Drop Tower when the park opened. We saw it do one cycle and then were told it was closing. It was down the rest of the day, and nobody was working on it at any part of the day. I understand a ride closing, but when maintanance doesn't even try fixing it all day, it is kind of sad.

Odd. It was the ERT ride on the morning of the 4th instead of Invertigo. Worked perfectly.

Has anyone have to walk down a lift hill before? My brother and I had to be walked down the lift of Flight Deck, we were about 30-35ft. out of the station, so we didn't have to go too far.

The ride-ops made an anouncement to our coaster train, told us they were on their way. Starting at the first car, maintenance and I guess some sort of either ride-op or supervisor, had to unlock each restraint (each set) and carefully walk us down.

Are you sure they started with the first car? They usually start with the car closest to the station..

Terp would have said whose.

And not ending a sentence with a preposition is the kind of foolish rule up with which I will not put. Or not starting a sentence with a conjunction. Rules were made to be observed. Except when they ain't.

Terp, who has a new rule. He isn't posting in a certain thread. Until he does. Or sumthin'.

• Like 1

to someone's comment about Drop Tower's recent down time... If not mistaken, it got fried pretty good when it it got zapped by lightning a few months back.

As for Vortex, they sometimes leave a train on the hill when they have shut down for the night sometimes haven't they?

As for Vortex, they sometimes leave a train on the hill when they have shut down for the night sometimes haven't they?

I'm not sure when the train gets up there (could be at the end of the night following the last ride, could be early in the morning following daily testing) but I often (though perhaps not always, though I'm not always looking) see a train parked anywhere from 1/2 way up to 2/3 of the way up the lift hill in the mornings around 7:30 as I'm driving south on I-71