Silver Dollar City 2013 Coaster

I'd have to agree. However, I don't think they it should be much longer. They'd have to make the layout have a little bit more "wow" factor if it were to be longer. The one thing that I find odd about this coaster, is the lack of "cat walk" next to the track. It does seem very open though.

The head choppers almost look to be cutting it too close!

And I thought going into the double helix after the second lift hill on The Beast was something..Does anyone suppose they would be able to touch the top of the opening?

Pic related

sbm36d.jpg

Link

I was on the left hand side of the train, I touched the tips of my fingers on The Beast's tunnel. I thought that I broke a finger or two. I am 6'4" and have a long reach. Btw: it stung for 20-30 mins. I guess that I was lucky.

• Like 4

I just came back from a couple of days at Silver Dollar City, and the ride is great.

It isn't much more than half a minute long, but the whole ride is intense moment after another intense moment. First drop was crazy, and the rest of the ride felt like a GCI ride that was cranked up to 11.

The crowds were quite heavy while I was there (Friday afternoon and Saturday morning/afternoon), and ride wait times were 45 minutes at the shortest for Outlaw Run.

I heard one guy tell another guy he thought the ankle restraints hurt his shins, but otherwise all reviews and conversations were that it is phenomenal and a definite hit.

I very much enjoyed it, but not my most favorite. As a comparison to SDC's twin park, I have a slight preference that Thunderhead is in the closer of the two parks.

• Like 3