Videogame themed

Sonofbeast2.0

Most people on here would like some more themeing done to the park but what if we stay away from movie and try videogames?

For the kids area it could be themed to Little Big Planet or Super Mario Bros. or somehting esle. Boo's Blasters could be turned into mabye an Angrey Bird style ride were you have to use your gun and press and hold down on the button and luanch the Angery Bird at the pigs and who ever has the most points at the end wins. if the Crypt was still around it could be turned into something like Halo, for FoF it could be turned into a Resistance game. future rides could theme around the games and we could have a one of a kind park. Any games people think a ride could be themed to throw them out here, I was just giving some ex.

NOTE: I know that these games are all made by differnt compnies, like Little Big Planet and Resistance is Sony, Halo is Microsoft and Mario is Nitendo. I am a person who likes something differnt and this would be very differnt!

I had talked about this in a previous post about theming the kids area into something around Mario or Sonic, etc. I mentioned turning Boo Blasters into a trip through Bowser's Castle shooting ghosts, goombas, turtles, etc. Plus a Sonic the Hedgehog coaster just seems natural...Sonic's fast, coasters are fast. Plus I think the characters are appealing and would make for some great figures/statues around the area!

Sonic would be cool but for some reason Little Big Planet feels like it would fit in better at KI. If you don't know what LBP is make sure to check it out very fun game!

Little Big Planet is a great game! Could make for a very unique kids area too

I could see Kings Island doing that. What would be cool is what if for Halloween Haunt, they change Boo Blasters into like a Resident Evil theme. You have to shoot zombies, or something along those lines. It doesn't have to be for Boo Blasters but it would be pretty cool.

On the Sonic idea, that would go great for rides like FoF, and TTD at Cedar Point. Starts off fast. In the Sonic game he does a lot of looping.

I could see the mini Drop Tower (The one in Kid's Area, don't remember the name) being like how Mario jumps, maybe like every time it goes up, it could make the coin sound when Mario gets coins or hits his fat head on the bricks.

Maybe the Kid's Are could be a Nintendo theme?

BLSC could be themed to Driver San frasico or change it up to a Fallout 3 theme. were everything is old and run down and instead of getting chased by cops and getting shot at by helicopter change it to super mutants and radirs shooting at you. I think Sonic would be good for kids rides.

I could totally see "Super Mario World" where Planet Snoopy is now.. Woodstock whirlybirds could be bowsers airships.. Boo blasters could be Luigis Mansion...Peanuts 500 could be Super Mario Karts.. Woodstock express could be Super Mario Coaster or something. That would be awesome!!!

• Like 1

I made this argument a while ago. I still believe that the game series Metroid could have been Tomb Raider's salvation. For those who know the series at all, the spinning gondola's movement is reminiscent of a screw attack. The Bat demon could have been replaced with a Ridley animatronic, and the Outer Space theme could have avoided any potential issues, because my understanding was that they couldn't use an action-adventure cave exploration sort of theme. I don't think a Space theme would have violated this. Not to mention, the back story between Samus and Ridley would have allowed them to still have an awesome pre-show and a cinematic ride experience. Also, if the ride were to take place in Norfair, the lava could have been kept.

BTW, if Kings Island creative staff has any openings, I'll be graduating college in May of 2014 :P

I could totally see "Super Mario World" where Planet Snoopy is now.. Woodstock whirlybirds could be bowsers airships.. Boo blasters could be Luigis Mansion...Peanuts 500 could be Super Mario Karts.. Woodstock express could be Super Mario Coaster or something. That would be awesome!!!

Yep, I've always thought that a Mario Land would be much more fun and appealing than Planet Snoopy. It just makes more sense for today.

• Like 1

I had talked about this in a previous post about theming the kids area into something around Mario or Sonic, etc. I mentioned turning Boo Blasters into a trip through Bowser's Castle shooting ghosts, goombas, turtles, etc. Plus a Sonic the Hedgehog coaster just seems natural...Sonic's fast, coasters are fast. Plus I think the characters are appealing and would make for some great figures/statues around the area!

The Bowser's Castle idea would be very cool indeed.

It's a KIDS area, for KIDS, and Mario would seem more attractive to younger ages

I don't view Planet Snoopy as a kids area. I love many of its rides, and I'll be of legal drinking age in just a few months. I view it as more of a "kid-friendly" area. But perhaps nostalgia makes me enjoy things that other people my age wouldn't.

Childrens' areas seem to be most successful when the theme is reminiscent to the growing-up of adults (the ones bringing the children.) Being that the first 'modern' Mario game, Super Mario 64, came out in 1985, just under 28 years ago, the children who were playing this game in 1985 are roughly 35- 42 today.

Being that Mario became the massive trademark it is today in the decade after that initial story-starting hit, the people who will fondly remember the trademarked characters of 'the Mushroom Kingdom' will be between (at least I'm guessing) 25- 35 today. These are the ages in which people most commonly have children, so it seems these characters are becoming truly marketable for a non-arcade entertainment center for the first time. Unless...

Were these characters traditionally marketed primarily to young boys? If young girls were not familiarized with the brand until more recently, the overall marketability will be, of course, not be great, until around fifteen or twenty years after the characters were first successfully marketed towards young girls.

I am sort of unfamiliar with the demographics behind video game use, so much of this is speculation. (How familiar would women born in the seventies be with the Nintendo branding?)

Childrens' areas seem to be most successful when the theme is reminiscent to the growing-up of adults (the ones bringing the children.) Being that the first 'modern' Mario game, Super Mario 64, came out in 1985, just under 28 years ago, the children who were playing this game in 1985 are roughly 35- 42 today.

Being that Mario became the massive trademark it is today in the decade after that initial story-starting hit, the people who will fondly remember the trademarked characters of 'the Mushroom Kingdom' will be between (at least I'm guessing) 25- 35 today. These are the ages in which people most commonly have children, so it seems these characters are becoming truly marketable for a non-arcade entertainment center for the first time. Unless...

Were these characters traditionally marketed primarily to young boys? If young girls were not familiarized with the brand until more recently, the overall marketability will be, of course, not be great, until around fifteen or twenty years after the characters were first successfully marketed towards young girls.

I am sort of unfamiliar with the demographics behind video game use, so much of this is speculation. (How familiar would women born in the seventies be with the Nintendo branding?)

Yes, as far as I know Mario is popular among the female demographic as well. Both my neice and my girlfriend love the Mario games including Super Mario Bros and also Mario Kart. Also, I worked with elementary school kids that ranged from ages 5 to 10 for 8 years. The girls in my classes were also familiar with Mario and liked playing the games on the Wii and the DS. So in my opinion the Mario characters would definitely be good for both boys and girls.

^

Today these characters are popular among both boys and girls, but for how long has this been true?

Remember, adults are the ones taking children to themed kids' areas. If Nintendo did little marketing of its products towards girls in the late seventies- early eighties, these women (in their late 30s- early 40s today) will not likely be wooed by the brand. (For lack of nostalgia.)

Perhaps women born in this time period will attest to their familiarity (or unfamiliarity) with the brand?

I was born in the early 80's, 83 to be exact. I grew up around Nintendo, and while I don't really remember how much, if any, marketing was geared toward females, I certainly don't remember ever feeling alienated or left out, like I wasn't supposed to play Nintendo simply because I am a girl. I feel I am rather familiar with the brand, if that helps answer your question.

One should also note that Mario is still alive and kicking queit well were as Snoopy and the rest of them not so much. even Looney Tones are making a comeback!

Also Pokemon is Nitendo owned and some of the kids area could be used for that. Nitendo has been more aimed at kids. I will state i am fanboy of Sony products but i am fine with Nitendo, Microsoft on the other hand...

Note: i enjoy Looney Toons pretty well and it has shocked me they are coming back but more power to them!

I'm willing to bet the highly successful and more current brand would command a higher royalty / licensing fee. The question therefore is whether that higher fee would be justified?

I personally didn't see a drop going from nick to Snoopy so can't imagine much gain going from Snoopy to Nintendo.

• Like 1