Videogame themed

Sonofbeast2.0

I'm willing to bet the highly successful and more current brand would command a higher royalty / licensing fee. The question therefore is whether that higher fee would be justified?

I personally didn't see a drop going from nick to Snoopy so can't imagine much gain going from Snoopy to Nintendo.

Personally I thought it was a little bit of a let down when it went from Nick Universe to Planet Snoopy. I think with Nick Universe things had more variations. Each ride/attraction was something different whereas in Planet Snoopy, there are repeats of stuff. Snoopy Surf Dog, Snoopy Red Baron, Snoopy this, Snoopy that, Linus this, Linus that...etc. You get the point. Plus, I find the Nick Toons more appealing in look, design, and color. Things were more colorful or something. As an adult, I was just kind of underwhelmed with Planet Snoopy and this is coming from someone who grew up watching the Peanuts gang and who is a fan of them. I was just disappointed at how they translated into a kids area. I find it just not that interesting as it was before as Nick Universe.

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter if the adults like the kids' area or not. It's targeted towards kids, and if the kids don't like it, they don't go. No whippersnapper is gonna say something like "I really hate it, but I'll go because you like it, even though I won't have a good time."

It doesn't really matter if the adults like the kids' area or not. It's targeted towards kids, and if the kids don't like it, they don't go. No whippersnapper is gonna say something like "I really hate it, but I'll go because you like it, even though I won't have a good time."

That's what I think too, but part of the argument on here is that the kids' area should appeal to adults too since they're the ones bringing the kids. I mean, in the end I think the kids have the final say so if they want to visit the "kids" area, but of course it would be nice if the adults/parents enjoyed it too. Then it's just a win-win situation!

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet the highly successful and more current brand would command a higher royalty / licensing fee. The question therefore is whether that higher fee would be justified?

I personally didn't see a drop going from nick to Snoopy so can't imagine much gain going from Snoopy to Nintendo.

Personally I thought it was a little bit of a let down when it went from Nick Universe to Planet Snoopy. I think with Nick Universe things had more variations. Each ride/attraction was something different whereas in Planet Snoopy, there are repeats of stuff. Snoopy Surf Dog, Snoopy Red Baron, Snoopy this, Snoopy that, Linus this, Linus that...etc. You get the point. Plus, I find the Nick Toons more appealing in look, design, and color. Things were more colorful or something. As an adult, I was just kind of underwhelmed with Planet Snoopy and this is coming from someone who grew up watching the Peanuts gang and who is a fan of them. I was just disappointed at how they translated into a kids area. I find it just not that interesting as it was before as Nick Universe.

When I said no drop, I meant in attendance and enjoyment of the families/kids there. Not in how well the area was themed.

Childrens' areas seem to be most successful when the theme is reminiscent to the growing-up of adults (the ones bringing the children.) Being that the first 'modern' Mario game, Super Mario 64, came out in 1985, just under 28 years ago, the children who were playing this game in 1985 are roughly 35- 42 today.

Super Mario Bros. came out for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985, not Super Mario 64. That came out in 1996 for the Nintendo 64.

Childrens' areas seem to be most successful when the theme is reminiscent to the growing-up of adults (the ones bringing the children.) Being that the first 'modern' Mario game, Super Mario 64, came out in 1985, just under 28 years ago, the children who were playing this game in 1985 are roughly 35- 42 today.

Super Mario Bros. came out for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985, not Super Mario 64. That came out in 1996 for the Nintendo 64.

Thanks! I very clearly misspoke. :)

I could see Kings Island doing that. What would be cool is what if for Halloween Haunt, they change Boo Blasters into like a Resident Evil theme. You have to shoot zombies, or something along those lines. It doesn't have to be for Boo Blasters but it would be pretty cool.

They do this at Alton Towers, too. The Haunted House was already renamed DUEL: The Haunted House Strikes Back (and equipped with laser guns), but for Halloween, the guns turn off, live actors in the building interact with riders and a whole new story overlay is added about zombies coming to life from the house's basement laboratory, transforming the family-friendly interactive dark ride into a separate, stand-alone haunt.

But back when the Boo Blasters building was inhabited by Phantom Theater, they tried to put in live actors (and "scarier" animatronic heads) for Halloween once... It didn't last...

well games like Mario and Sonic are games the parents used to play are still on the market for kids to enjoy. when you say to keep kids from playing videogames this might help. what if you could bein the videogame and get exrsice and have fun all in one? why do you think the Wii is the number one sold console? ur parnets may tell you to go outside and play well what if KI gave u the best of both worlds?