Fast lane treatment

RollerCoasterRoyalty

At Six Flags, I've seen them announce that two or three full cycles of a Drop Tower would be devoted only to Flash Pass users while "stand-by" users were instructed to wait. But when people pay for priority boarding and the line reaches 30 or 40 people deep, putting 4 or 5 on each cycle just won't do...

When they start this? I think you may be confused on how they have the lane blocked off from where you used to go thru to get the front of the train? I have not seen them tell non Fast Lane users they could only ride in the last 4 cars.

You're not riding Vortex anymore because you were asked to fill the rest before you got to pick your seat? That's seriously immature. They're trying to get the line moving swiftly, ride it and enjoy it, no matter where you have to sit. & When I went a few weeks ago, they were allowing us non fast passers to sit anywhere.

• Like 3

Edit: to reflect edit above. Thanks. It really does matter!

The screen name Slitthythroat combined with that photo makes me think very unhappy thoughts which is not what I came here for. Just a bit of advice.

More on topic, I find Vortex very uncomfortable (i'm tall and barely fit) but enjoy it if riding in the middle of the train. Not too picky but the front and back are simply headbangers and no fun for me. Choosing a seat really maters, for some, on some rides and the ability to do so should not be taken away!

Simply say, "I'd like to wait for ....row/seat." We've never had a problem with any employee on any ride not letting us ride where we wanted. They're just trying to fill the train and probably don't care where you want to ride.

The screen name Slitthythroat combined with that photo makes me think very unhappy thoughts which is not what I came here for. Just a bit of advice.

More on topic, I find Vortex very uncomfortable (i'm tall and barely fit) but enjoy it if riding in the middle of the train. Not too picky but the front and back are simply headbangers and no fun for me. Choosing a seat really maters, for some, on some rides and the ability to do so should not be taken away!

My username & avatar have no reflection on my personality, sorta..I kid, I kid, I was very fascinated in Lector's case, and my username is just what I use for every site I'm on. :3 I'd be more than happy to change my avatar, wanna suggest one for me?

My username & avatar have no reflection on my personality, sorta..I kid, I kid, I was very fascinated in Lector's case, and my username is just what I use for every site I'm on. :3 I'd be more than happy to change my avatar, wanna suggest one for me?

A rainbow with a unicorn flying across it!

A rainbow with a unicorn flying across it!

There ya go. c;

I rode Vortex today probably 4 times and experienced no such thing. They WERE assigning seats, but had no issue with allowing us to wait one extra cycle for the seat we wanted. And yes, seat choice does matter. A lot. For example, even though I practically worship anything associated with Ron Toomer, I will not ride Vortex unless I can sit in row 1-1 or row 5-1. And I also prefer to avoid train 3 if at all possible.

• Like 1

One of the changes that Fast Lane has brought to Kings Island is separators at stations that didn't have them in the past (Beast, Vortex, Racer - I wonder if they added staffing or just reassigned a role within a ride crew?).

From what I've seen, for the most part, these folks try to manage Fast Lane by keeping the stations less crowded, filling rows (assigning seats), and checking for wristbands. To date, I've not had one say no when I've requested to wait for a specific row/part of the train. And yes, I do ask most times.