Fast lane treatment

RollerCoasterRoyalty

This has never happened to me as well. I seen Vortex line clear back to Jukebox diner today and said "No Thanks, Is today Saturday"?

The wait from that point is only about 15-20 minutes, ya know... Same is true with Adventure Express. It's only about 10 minutes for front row with a line starting at the covered walkway.

^ I don't get it, possibly because of late work nights followed by early work mornings.

Its from the movie "Silence of the Lambs". The picture in slitthythroat's avatar is Hannibal Lector, one of the main characters of the movie. I'm sure you could YouTube "Silence of the Lambs-Goodbye Horses" and find what I'm talking about.

"It puts the lotion on It's skin or else it get the hose again!"

I just have something real quick to say that I can't believe I haven't said before:

Looking at Trip Advisor reviews of Kings Island, some people dislike it simply because of Fast Lane and how it works. I know you guys have complained about it for awhile now but I have to put my two cents in now.

I've never experienced a bad day at Kings Island while Fast Lane was in affect but apparently a lot of people have. On my trip to Islands of Adventure earlier in June, we got Express passes. The way they run it is great, and fair. The Express line cuts into the regular line about halfway so let's say if there were an thirty minute wait, it's only fifteen. So instead of letting a whole group of Express people on before regular guests, the Express people are let into the line of the regular guests, which in the end, everyone gets on at the same time.

I'm not sure how Fast Lane works but if it works this way, someone tell me and correct me. But if they don't do it this way I hope they look at it.

The way Universal/Islands of Adventure executes it is phenomenal. I was hardly aware of anyone using it, unless I saw it (which I did a few times). It was wonderful knowing that it was there, but it didn't do anything significant to you.

It was great. Like I stated in my other post, instead of cutting all the way and loading right at the loading station, you are cut in line around halfway. An example is on The Incredible Hulk. Without the Express it was a 20 minute wait. The line for it is completely different, but ends up in the middle of the current line. An employee will stop the guests and create a space for the Express guests to go into, and it's like nothing even happened!

Looking at Trip Advisor reviews of Kings Island, some people dislike it simply because of Fast Lane and how it works. I know you guys have complained about it for awhile now but I have to put my two cents in now.

Are these the same TripAdvisor reviews where people complain that they didn't look at the calendar and showed up on a buyout day or are upset because they spent most of a day in the park and are refused a full refund? I think some of them need to be taken with a grain of salt...

• Like 1

Well, I would hardly say they DESERVE it because they paid for it. That brings up the whole more money=more valuable person debate. But I certainly would say that since we are presented with the same opportunity to purchase Fast Lane and choose not to, we can't really complain.

As far as More money=more valuable person goes, sadly it's the way the world works. Money Talks. Look at all the morons running for/or are in office. The first homeless man to run for President will get my vote, but you will never hear about him because it takes millions to run. Someone lied to you if they told you life is fair!

• Like 1

Yes you DESERVE to go to the front of the line if you choose to give KI some of your money for a wristband that allows you to walk past other patrons who have chosen not to participate. Just like you DESERVE to walk through the gates because you chose to give KI some of your money for a pass or ticket that allows you to visit KI while others sit at home and watch you on the webcams. I'm really not understanding the problem.

• Like 2

Yes you DESERVE to go to the front of the line if you choose to give KI some of your money for a wristband that allows you to walk past other patrons who have chosen not to participate. Just like you DESERVE to walk through the gates because you chose to give KI some of your money for a pass or ticket that allows you to visit KI while others sit at home and watch you on the webcams. I'm really not understanding the problem.

So you're saying some people can't enjoy something they may have been wanting to do for a whole off season & may or not be able to ride or do it because they simply can not fork out the extra 35 dollars for each pass so they can also skip line? No, I'm sorry but it just doesn't roll with me.

Dodgeball_Cramhole_Black_Shirt.jpg

This is so true. We should get rid of stuff like first class on flights, and Universal Express lane...and well... all kinds of stuff that is an up charge. Like Slingshot and Extreme Sky Flyer cause you know not every guest can fork out the 10-20 bucks extra to do it. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the land of sarcasm, if the sarcasm doesn't kill us all, I don't know what will! :lol:

This is so true. We should get rid of stuff like first class on flights, and Universal Express lane...and well... all kinds of stuff that is an up charge. Like Slingshot and Extreme Sky Flyer cause you know not every guest can fork out the 10-20 bucks extra to do it. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the land of sarcasm, if the sarcasm doesn't kill us all, I don't know what will! :lol:

sarcasm.jpg

sarcasm.jpg

I was gonna post that picture, but then I backed out of it.

So you're saying some people can't enjoy something they may have been wanting to do for a whole off season & may or not be able to ride or do it because they simply can not fork out the extra 35 dollars for each pass so they can also skip line? No, I'm sorry but it just doesn't roll with me.

How are not able to ride because of the Fast Pass program?

Bennett...Cramhole? Brilliant retort, I see your point perfectly!

Is that even a question I'm able to answer, say you're waiting for DB at night, and all these people with Fast Lane rush in, and your'e right at the spot where the people stand with their measuring sticks, & they say, sorry we're closed. What I was getting at was people who travel from long distances and can only spend one day at the park get skipped by people just because they can give out more money, comprende?

Then don't show up at the park, or perhaps attend on a day when fast pass isn't needed, or just wait out the longer lines and ride things a few less times on a visit.

Its pretty easy, the more money you are willing to spend on something, the better opportunities you're going presented with for that money. If I spend more money, I can buy a bigger house, nice car, nicer meal and if I'm willing to fork over a ton of money, I could probably even rent out KI for a day all to myself. If you expect the same experience as everyone else, you're going to be dissapointed with life.

• Like 3

Is that even a question I'm able to answer, say you're waiting for DB at night, and all these people with Fast Lane rush in, and your'e right at the spot where the people stand with their measuring sticks, & they say, sorry we're closed. What I was getting at was people who travel from long distances and can only spend one day at the park get skipped by people just because they can give out more money, comprende?

If you have 365 days to plan for 1 day at King's Island, you should be able to scratch the extra money for a fast pass. According to the Website, the Saturday fastpass for $45 is the most expensive one you can buy. If you can't save $0.13 a day, then you probably should be spending the $36 it takes to get into the park to begin with.

If you're in line before 10:00, you can ride, so that would be your fault for getting there late.

• Like 1

Even with your claim that they deserve it because they have more money, consider this: I have plenty of money that I COULD spend on Fast Lane. But I choose not to. So by your logic, if I were to choose to spend this money on Fast Lane, then I deserve Fast Lane, but if I choose to spend it on something more substantial, then I no longer deserve it? What about the people who are frugal? I understand that those who work hard and earn more money deserve the nice things they have. But what if those same people decide to save their money? Does that decision then make them no longer deserve nice things, simply because they chose to have different priorities? I fail to see how the way you spend your money determines what you do and don't deserve.

Even with your claim that they deserve it because they have more money, consider this: I have plenty of money that I COULD spend on Fast Lane. But I choose not to. So by your logic, if I were to choose to spend this money on Fast Lane, then I deserve Fast Lane, but if I choose to spend it on something more substantial, then I no longer deserve it? What about the people who are frugal? I understand that those who work hard and earn more money deserve the nice things they have. But what if those same people decide to save their money? Does that decision then make them no longer deserve nice things, simply because they chose to have different priorities? I fail to see how the way you spend your money determines what you do and don't deserve.

Having money doesn't mean you deserve it any more or any less than anyone else, it just means you have the ability to purchase it. What one person can afford is often subjective (throwing out the mega yachts, mansions, big ticket items that the average person can't afford). I could afford to drive something nicer than a toyota camry, I choose to spend my money elsewhere, the camry gets me what I need/desire. I could afford fastpasses, I go on weekday evening with my wife and 4 year old (and 5 week old now) so the fast pass would provide us limited us, I'd rather spend that money elsewhere than getting on Boo Blasters 4 more times a night.

Nothing wrong with being frugal, it will serve you well in the long run. It just means you've decided to spend your money elsewhere on things that matter more to you. While some might desire that fastpass on their 1 or 2 trips a year to King's Island, others would rather have an extra trip out to a nice restaurant, or perhaps a few more shares of stock in their favorite company, or put into their kids college savings plan, etc... Or perhaps they just don't see the value in spending the extra money, they're happy to wait in line for an hour and ride everything once a trip to King's Island. its your money, you've earned it, use it however it serves you best.

Money is only a means of exchange. If you want a privilege that is for sale, you either pays and gets it or you don't. Or you steal it somehow.

Do you think you deserve a Big Mac you choose not to buy?

Well put. I'm Out of likes. If you buy a Big Mac you deserve to enjoy it don't you? This Interpreter is a genius!

Money is only a means of exchange. If you want a privilege that is for sale, you either pays and gets it or you don't. Or you steal it somehow.

I do not think I deserve a Big Mac if I do not buy it. I also do not think that buying a Big Mac means I necessarily deserve it. What if I had just robbed a bank and then decided to spend the stolen money on a Big Mac?

I know, arguing with Terpy is treading dangerous water, but I personally believe I have a point. Besides, I don't really feel that anyone really deserves anything that can be bought with money. For example, having been an obedient child who never caused trouble, I feel that I deserve my parents' love and care. I do not deserve the car that they bought me, though I am grateful for it. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that saying you deserve something implies entitlement, and I was raised to not believe that anyone is entitled to anything.

I always had to eat the welfare burger, with green peppers hanging out of it and the Wonder bread turned pink, and get laughed at by the neighborhood kids with McDonalds.

What you need eggs for? I want a hamburger.