POLL KY KINGDOM:

The longer time passes, the less likely anything happens.

The Kochs pulling out speaks volumes. Ed Hart barely speaking (as opposed to before the Koch's pull out) speaks even louder. Instead of when, the bigger question is actually who, as I cannot imagine a first time amusement proprietor jumping in at KK given the baggage it comes with.

Quite honestly... I don't want it to re-open. At least not in any way reminiscent of it's former self. I never liked KK, and I made no bones about it. Heck, I took a ride op job there on Chang 11 years ago for kicks (so I could operate a B&M) and quickly discovered it was even more screwed up behind the scenes than it was to the guest.

That park was a festering ground for hooligans... it was nothing more than a summertime babysitter for teens from the wrong side of Louisville. The rides were sub-par, and it was literally a 3-hour park (After 3 hours, you were done.)

In addition, the Lassiter accident can, and will, be cited as the defining moment when KK lost any future hope of being a successful ride park. That incident damaged it's reputation as a safe park far beyond repair. The Louisville masses dropped it like a hot potato.

I supported the Koch's vision, simply because if anyone could have turned it around, they could. They recognized that it needed to serve as a regional waterpark destination. But the fact that they nixed the deal it tells me it's finally toast.

KK is nothing more than Louisville's Astroworld - but at least in Houston they quickly bulldozed the park instead of literally letting it rot into an eyesore.

Shaggy

• Like 2