Cedar Point hotel recommendations

jbt

What are some of the best hotel deals near Cedar Point? Might make a trip up there this summer. I generally prefer hotels with a hallway (not direct entry rooms) and under $100/night. It's just a place for me to sleep safely, not a luxury party room.

Any recommendations?

On my first trip to the Point, I stayed at the Super 8 in Milan. Sure it's not the nicest of hotels, but it was relatively inexpensive and we didn't have any problems. We weren't very picky since the only time we planned to spend at the hotel was for sleeping, as we were in the park all day. The hotel is a little over 10 miles away from the park, but the advantage to that is it wasn't crowded at all.

Would love to experience staying at a Cedar Fair Property, but the cost is not in our budget. We have stayed 2-3x at the Knight's Inn , 2405 Cleveland Rd, 1 mile east of Cedar Point Drive. 1-419-621-9000. Has a small pool. An outdoor screened pavilion where they serve a very nice breakfast. Trains across the street, but they never bothered us. Not fancy but clean enough and close. We paid $58.91per night for a Tue/Wed in August last year (AAA Discount)--two double beds. Room had a refrigerator and a microwave. The property also has a laundry room. All in all, we figure it is a real bargain.

We stay at the Comfort Suites/Rain Waterpark. Rooms are a bit outdated, but the staff is friendly, and it has a bar in the hotel you can bring drinks back to your room from. It is also not direct entry, but hallway and secured with key cards from your room. You have to be a guest or with a guest (or employee) to get into the sleep areas.

Great deal at a place called Maui Sands right now. They were open 4-5 years ago with an indoor waterpark. Place went bankrupt and say for 2 years empty. Now the place has been bought again and reopened, but without the waterpark operating. The rooms are very nice. Some of them have bunk beds for 4 kids. I stayed 2 nights in a King room with 4 bunk beds, fridge, microwave. Total $100 bucks and change. They have a minimal breakfast and a nice bar that will probably not be open. Check them out on trip advisor.com the reviews are pretty dead on except the ones posted by people with Indian names from the Baltimore, MD or VA area. Those are the owners and friends or the owners. Call them directly and ask for a better rate than the one on the internet and they will likely comply.

I have called the breakers in the past and asked for a manager and have received someones canceled room for really cheap with tickets and early admission.This might not work for you because i have done this the day before, but if anyone on here decides to take a last minute trip,its worth it to try. The last time i did this i wanna say the price was around 360 for me and the boss,and we got a deal for 180. It was last fall and its really nice to walk back and forth to your room from the park whenever you want.I was actually watching the Buckeyes on T.V and watching Dragster out my window with a cold beverage in my hand with no driving involved!