Songs that go well with rides at KI

BB1

• 2 weeks later...

^That fits WindSeeker more than Vortex. Vortex doesn't strike me as elegant.

I know they already play it on WindSeeker, but to me, Vortex is, in a way, elegant. That song is my opinion on both WindSeeker and Vortex, basically. :D

Yeah, I'll be thinking of this peaceful song when everyone is screaming, and getting their heads banged! I think that Vortex needs a song, it would ruin the mood.

• Like 1

^That fits WindSeeker more than Vortex. Vortex doesn't strike me as elegant.

I know they already play it on WindSeeker, but to me, Vortex is, in a way, elegant. That song is my opinion on both WindSeeker and Vortex, basically. :D

Yeah, I'll be thinking of this peaceful song when everyone is screaming, and getting their heads banged! I think that Vortex needs a song, it would ruin the mood.

True, but I don't get my head banged! Either that or I forget it's happening or it's actually something I look forward to. Just A Thought. ;)

Oh and about the elegant thing I meant watching it from the ground. Now that's elegant. :rolleyes:

But I agree with Original. Everyone has their own thoughts about Vortex, which means they think some songs could fit, in their opinion, while others don't 100% agree. I think Vortex is fine just the way it is, including the fact that it doesn't have a song. ;) It just seems like it already has its own "mood."

Same goes with all the other currently "songless" rides, too.

Edited by VortexBFForever

• 2 years later...
Guest dtk1376

I always thought Adventure Express was themed after Indiana Jones since they played the Indiana Jones theme in the queue area, I guess it was just coincidence with the ride being built the year before Paramount took over. "The more you know"

• Like 2

[quote name="The Interpreter" post="650849"

(Watch what they do, not what they say...)

I completely disagree. "Ride Sally Ride" had nothing to do with park fans thinking Diamondback would be called "Mustang." I also believe that no decision was made on Son of Beast until the park said that it had made one. :)

Oh, and the backwards Racer was turned around because they WANTED to return it to its original form.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I think I'll add some input to this thread.

Adventure Express- Raider's March (Indiana Jones' theme)...you know what? Any music associated with those movies.

Backlot- music from The Italian Job and the Ocean's movies, Rhapsody in Blue, some of the action music from Bond films

Banshee- any songs associated with Halloween or macabre themes

Bat- Danger Zone (yeah I know its off the old theme, but I well remember the days of Top Gun well), some of Banshee's related music as well as Danny Elfman's Batman (sharing with Beast)

Beast- Theme from Jaws (on the lifts), Danny Elfman's Batman theme, Night on Bald Mountain

Delirium- Crazy by Seal

Diamondback- Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi

Drop Tower- Right Now- Van Halen, Thunderstruck- AC/DC

Eiffel Tower, Antique Cars and Grand Carousel (or even I-Street in general)- Percy Faith and His Orchestra- Theme from A Summer Place

Firehawk- Kickstart My Heart- Motley Crue, Smoke on the Water- Deep Purple

Flight of Fear- a few specific Star Wars pieces- Asteroid Field, Hyperspace, and the music as they go into the 2nd Death Star in ROTJ, themes to Twilight Zone and X-Files

Invertigo- Living After Midnight- Judas Priest

Racer- We Got the Beat- Go Gos, Gimme Some Lovin'- Spencer Davis Group

Son of Beast- about any song done by Joan Jett or about anything off of Sgt Pepper, The White Album, or Magical Mystery Tour by The Beatles

Viking Fury- The Tempest section of the William Tell Overture

Vortex- You Spin Me Round- Dead or Alive

WindSeeker- any song about flight, or heck, anything on its current playlist

• Like 3

Sorry about the length of my list:

The Racer- "Beautiful Sunday" by Daniel Boone, "Into Something Good" by Hermans Hermits, "Save the last dance for me" by The Drifters, "The Stroll" by The Diamonds, "Mr. Moonlight" by The Beatles, "Why do fools fall in love " by Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers, "Hair" by The Cowsills, "Everyday" by Buddy Holly, "Unchain my Heart" by Ray Charles, "Jive Talkin' " by The Bee Gees, "Love Roller Coaster " by The Ohio Players, any Elvis song.

Adventure Express- "Raiders March" by John Williams.

The Beast - "The Exorcist Theme " by Mike Oldfield, "The Shark Approaches" and "The Empty Raft" by John Williams from "Jaws," Night on Bald Mountain" by Mussorgsky.

Banshee- "Threatened" by Michael Jackson, "Quints Tale " by John Williams from "Jaws," "The Murder " by Bernard Hermann from Hitchcock's "Psycho."

Viking Fury- "Beer Barrel Polka" by Will Ghalé.

Grand Carousel- WurliTzer 157 band organ.

Eiffel Tower/International Street- "Gabriel's Oboe" from "The Mission" by Ennio Morricone, "Romantic Flight" from "How to train your Dragon" by John Powell, "Main Title/ The Winton Flyer" from "The Reivers" by John Williams, "Hoedown" from "Rodeo" by Aaron Copland, "Sabre Dance" by Aram Khachaturian, "Pirates" from "The Pagemaster" by James Horner.

• Like 2