Bad Time To Ride Vortex

xXDrummerKiDXx

I didn't know how to exactly name this topic haha.

A couple nights ago, at around 9:55pm, I ran like heck to ride Vortex before they closed the lines. There was no body on the ride, so I thought "Hmmm This would be a great time to ride by myself"

I'm telling you... THAT was scary. Being at the front of the ride, with no one on the train is scary!

But here's the worst part, it felt like Vortex was about to fly off the freaking track, so rough.

It ran right through the break run before the 2 corkscrews. Didn't even stop.

My seatbelt was absolutely scaring me because it was so lose.

So my question(s) is have you ever felt like you were gonna die(experience my problems) on The Vortex? Have you ever ridden it at night by yourself?

• Like 1

Wow that's crazy! I've ridden it at night before, but never by myself. I wonder if it might have had something to do with the lack of weight weighing the train down? Usually the entire train is full, that's a lot of weight. Could maybe explain why the train felt like it was going to fly off the track, it wasn't being weighted down by all the extra people.

• Like 2

I've said it before, I'll say it again, there's no such thing as a bad time to ride Vortex.

Then again, I have a mad love for Vortex. She's rough with me sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. And yes, Vortex is a lady. I don't care what the advertising campaigns try to claim.

• Like 2

I remember I went to HH opening night in 2009. The first thing I wanted to ride was FD. There was no one else. Along with the dreary weather, the Halloween atmosphere, and me riding FD all by myself, needless to say, it was an eerie experience!

• Like 1

To think that for years and years and years we rode it without seatbelts. And without incident.

I've never seen a break run on Vortex, either. Thankfully. When they broke up GASM at SFGAd, I cried. Literally.

I don't think the ride even needs OTSR's. Anton didn't need them. And Flags runs his rides the way he meant them to be to this day. For the most part. (but see Revolution. Sigh. )

Vortex to me, this year, is considerably rougher than it has been in the past.

Don't know exactly why, just is.

I had the same experience. The Vortex was really rough this year. The mid-course break run jolted me, when I was slammed into my restraint.

The final break run was not comfortable either.