Soak City trip report (6-28-12)

BB1

Today I visited the waterpark at Kings Island. We started at the Mondo Monsoon, the wait was minimal to the usuall large line. We looked at the Rendezvous, but it looked too crowded. After, we went to the Thunder Falls, and it was a few seconds for a wait. Paradise Plundge had a long wait, but it was well worth it. The longest line was the Zoom Flume, which took about 10 minutes as a wait. The Splash River had a small wait, and was so small that we went around a few times. After all of that we went to Tidal Wave Bay, which took up most of our day, but it was crowded. All in all it was a semi crowded day for a 100 degree day, hoping this helped you, BB1.

I thought it would be packed today considering the temps over 100.

Me too. Apparently when it gets this hot, people would rather stay inside in the air conditioning.

I think the opposite. I would go to the waterpark in 80 or 90 degree weather because that's good weather to go into the pool. But in 100 degrees, it's just miserable outside and I can't imagine walking on that concrete...

Went to Soak City today with the wife and boys. Got there around 10:40 and was surprised at how busy it seemed to be, but it never seemed full.

Arrived at 10:40 and grabbed a couple of chairs at Breakers. Right at 11, we rode some slides (zoom flume, thunder falls, paradise plunge, and tropical twister) before hitting both wave pools (prefer the new one with tubes) until we had lunch. I had to leave but the rest of the family stayed and enjoyed more slides (rendezvous run, twister again, and pineapple pipeline), the splash river, and wave pool some more. Lines were never a big deal (we skipped Mondo) and only Tidal Wave Bay seemed crowded.

Thanks for your TR. I hope you don't mind me piggybacking on it'

Soak City was packed today! I think its starting to grow on me because i had a really good time there today.I must say if any of you are going there when its 90 degrees plus,where your flip-flops to the water slides and take them off there! TRUST ME! I think i got 2nd degree burns on my feet! My wife and i rode zoom flume for the first time today and she kicked me you know where on accident at the last drop at the end. I was literally crying and she was laughing so hard she was crying! We had a great time! Other than my man pain!

Wow. BB1, you may have finished therapy! You actually called all the slides by their new Soak City names! I'm so proud.

What therapy? I think Crypt may need therapy thinking that!

Wow. BB1, you may have finished therapy! You actually called all the slides by their new Soak City names! I'm so proud.

What therapy? I think Crypt may need therapy thinking that!

<_< Obviously his therapy hasn't worked since he remembers zilch of it. That and his signature still has Boomerang Bay names.

<_< Obviously his therapy hasn't worked since he remembers zilch of it. That and his signature still has Boomerang Bay names.

^Seriously.

Take a good, hard look, at your name.

This back and forth between you two is making me self-conscious about my username. :lol:

I gotta say that I was expecting it to be jam-packed, too. Glad that wasn't totally the case, BB1.

• Like 2

This back and forth between you two is making me self-conscious about my username. :lol:

Yeah, you guys need to stop living in the past. Seriously. :lol:

I agree! Get over it! Rides come and go!! ^_^

Even if it's spelled wrong in your user name (REALLY?! REALLY Long Live KINGS Cobra? Ugh. I still can't believe I did that...)