New Giga what?

xXDrummerKiDXx

No its not. It has the same design as a hyper coaster. There is a difference in track design. Giga coasters have like a triangle shaped track while hyper coasters don't. For example look at Millenium Force then Look at Leviathan.

Different manufacturers' tracks look different. Since when does Diamondback look like Magnum XL 200? I thought those were both above 200 feet, right?

And when does American Eagle clothes look like Aeropostale?

EDIT: And Maverick has triangular track, but is it a giga? Heck no.

Personally, I'd like to see a low to the ground ravine runner coaster as opposed to something similar to DB.

Amen! I love coasters that run low to the terrain and have a lot of quick turns/hills.

The goofy part about arguing about "hyper coasters", "giga", etc...is these are all manufactured labels. What's a hyper coaster anyway? What's the difference between a mega and a hyper? Does a giga have to be over 300 feet AND built by Intamin (I would say yes, since Intamin completely made the term up out of their over-engineering butts). A Strata coaster?

And then what in the world is a "terrain" coaster? Intamin desparately tried to market Maverick as the new "terrain" coaster...but I haven't heard that term spewed from Cedar Point in years.

I think The Beast is a great coaster, and it's none of those. It's just a kick-ass, old school, home-built coaster. Is that a category?

"What's Kings Island getting in 2014? Maybe a Giga or Strata like Cedar Point?"

"No, they're installing the world's newest "kick-ass" coaster".

I'll take that one.

I shall resist any comments about ruby red slippers. Oops!

Terpy, close to melting down here, and big fan of Wicked (lots could use big fans right about now!)

I hear Lexington, KY has some big fans.

Speaking of Giga, where's she been lately? ;)

Giga's life right now is a disaster - better be nice if you want her to transport you though.

Plus one like since I'm out.

I've always wondered this... What the hell is BLSC?

Back Lot Stunt Coaster

Magnum XL 200 was the first type of hyper coaster but over the years manufactures have tweaked the designs. Look up Nitro @ six flags or Superman @ six flags or just look up hyper coasters. I understand your response but hyper coasters have changed in the 2000's.

Really? Somehow, I always thought Steel Dragon 2000 is a Giga; Bizarro (SFNE) and Ride of Steel (DL) is a hyper as well as Son of Beast.

BTW, Magnum, Phantoms Revenge and Desperado are Arrow design. Steel Dragon, Mamba and Steel Force are Morgan (although related). Bizarro and Ride of Steel are Intamin. Raging Bull, Diamondback ... are B&M. Of course, they have different designs.

On Millennium's trains, it is labeled Intamin Giga Coaster. I think it is more of an enthusiast/manufacturer classification system for the height.

No its not. It has the same design as a hyper coaster. There is a difference in track design. Giga coasters have like a triangle shaped track while hyper coasters don't. For example look at Millenium Force then Look at Leviathan.

If you mean an INTAMIN giga coaster, then you are correct. Leviathan is B&M's first giga coaster.