New Giga what?

xXDrummerKiDXx

I actually think the removal will take away from Flight Deck and AE. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the ride go, but I enjoy the interaction with SOB that those two rides have. Say what will about the ride experience, its hard to deny that it is a very impressive structure.

• Like 1

^ Use the real Burn it Down, not that.

I wonder how many of those people that want SoB "fixed" actually have been on SoB.

I've been on it and I wanted it to be reopened.

Now I'm more warmed up to the idea of an expansion, something new where SoB curently stands.

• Like 4

Say what will about the ride experience, its hard to deny that it is a very impressive structure.

I struggle with how to say what I think you are saying.

From a visual standpoint, the image of SoB is quite impressive, with all that lumber rising so high the atructure does look impressive.

But at the same time, it is the technical inadequacy of the design, materials, and construction of that structure that has led to all the problems from what I understand - this is far from impressive.

One can't help but wonder - what if it had been impressive from both the visual and technical perspective.

• Like 1

I believe that is Holiday Worlds very first waterslide, Amazoom.

And as for the Voyage and its maintenance fiasco that seems to happen every season. I LOVE the Voyage. One of my favorite coasters for that matter. But I somewhat wonder how well it will age 10-20 years down the road. If I am correct, it is the steel supports on the coaster that is the direct cause of all of the track fatigue.

And does anyone "in the know" know what the three year delay on the Timberliners has been about? Will they even help?

I know that this year, the trains did not arrive in time for testing. Thus delaying it until 2013. Of course I may be wrong, but I believe they were delayed from 2011 due to Holiday World wanting to see how they worked out for other parks before they put them on the ride.

• 1 month later...

I'm kinda not hoping for a new giga in the up coming seasons. Smaller coasters: yes. Taller coaster than DB: no. I think Diamondback should stay KI's tallest coaster for a while. Give it about 8-10 years hopefully, which is about the same time between SOB first year of operation and Diamondback's first year of operation. Sonofbaconador celebrating his 100th post!

• Like 1

Personally, I'd love to see more rides like Stunt Coaster (maybe even one like the Spiderman/Simpsons rides @ UO? that would certainly be a change) before a massive Giga....I feel that the skyline has been so changed by new(er) rides like Diamondback and WindSeeker, that a new Giga may just be too much too soon.

But, a Giga would be pretty cool...maybe some years ahead?

"It is not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean." ;)

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what the park will do. Cedar Fair has recently stopped buying Intamin's, and there is good reason for that. I don't see them switching back to Intamin for a while.

Canada's Wonderland's path the past few years might be a hint for KI.

I'd like to see Mack Rides brought into the park.

• Like 2

Is it weird if I say that I'd rather the park got some kind of B&M with inversions than any other coaster type? I'm not that jazzed about most B&M rides, but one of their loopers feels more appropriate than a gigacoaster. Floorless coasters seem to have fallen out of style on this side of the Pacific (much to my dismay), so I guess it would be either an invert or a wing coaster. Heck, I think even a Batman clone would be pretty neat.

Given that Kinzel's gone and we've met Ouimet, I don't look for a super thrilling coaster to land at the park anytime soon, though. In fact, I think I'd almost prefer the park expanding its flat ride collection. It's a pipe dream, but I'd be incredibly happy if the park installed some Larson flying scooters. (They're no Flying Eagles, but I'm incredibly doubtful our old set's going to return from Carowinds for no real reason.) They'd have to have higher capacity than the average set to be effective, but they're certainly a fun family ride.

• Like 2

^^ I love maverick, but I want a coaster bigger than DB. Yes, bigger isn't better, but I feel the MAJORITY of KI's rides are small, and then there is just 1 random big ride (DB). We need something big to fill in our (getting smaller) skyline where sob will no longer be.

^^ I love maverick, but I want a coaster bigger than DB. Yes, bigger isn't better, but I feel the MAJORITY of KI's rides are small, and then there is just 1 random big ride (DB). We need something big to fill in our (getting smaller) skyline where sob will no longer be.

The longest wooden coaster in the world isn't big?

Sheesh.

• Like 2

"It is not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean." ;)

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what the park will do. Cedar Fair has recently stopped buying Intamin's, and there is good reason for that. I don't see them switching back to Intamin for a while.

Canada's Wonderland's path the past few years might be a hint for KI.

I'd like to see Mack Rides brought into the park.

Speaking of Mack Rides......

This coaster looks like it would be very cool to see at Kings Island.

• Like 2