New Giga what?

xXDrummerKiDXx

To be honest, I really don't want a giga at Kings Island. I am one who likes variety of rides in an amusement park. Regardless of how it may play out in marketing a giga, that type of ride (Intamin or B&M) does too much of what Diamondback already does, mainly having tall hills, air time, and high speeds. I want something different and unique. There are plenty of other coaster types that would compliment KI's collection far better than what a giga would in my opinion.

And really, you can't complain about Kings Island having 'small rides'. Just see Alton Towers' troubles in building high, but yet, they still churn out blockbuster rides each time they make some noise. Not everything has to be the biggest and fastest. Most legitimate polls will show you some of the best coasters aren't the biggest.

• Like 1

"It is not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean." ;)

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what the park will do. Cedar Fair has recently stopped buying Intamin's, and there is good reason for that. I don't see them switching back to Intamin for a while.

Canada's Wonderland's path the past few years might be a hint for KI.

I'd like to see Mack Rides brought into the park.

Speaking of Mack Rides......

Oh my gosh! That's probably the best 3D rendering I've ever seen! Why, it's so realistic that at first I couldn't tell whether it was animated or actually real!

Is it weird if I say that I'd rather the park got some kind of B&M with inversions than any other coaster type? I'm not that jazzed about most B&M rides, but one of their loopers feels more appropriate than a gigacoaster. Floorless coasters seem to have fallen out of style on this side of the Pacific (much to my dismay), so I guess it would be either an invert or a wing coaster. Heck, I think even a Batman clone would be pretty neat.

Given that Kinzel's gone and we've met Ouimet, I don't look for a super thrilling coaster to land at the park anytime soon, though. In fact, I think I'd almost prefer the park expanding its flat ride collection. It's a pipe dream, but I'd be incredibly happy if the park installed some Larson flying scooters. (They're no Flying Eagles, but I'm incredibly doubtful our old set's going to return from Carowinds for no real reason.) They'd have to have higher capacity than the average set to be effective, but they're certainly a fun family ride.

YES. I agree with everything you have said. I'm not sure I would mind the capacity, as much as I would location. If I were to place a beautiful, historic ride, would I like it in a shady enclave or a concrete pad, void of any greenery?

Also, wasn't our Flying Eagles removed and installed at Carowinds for no reason?

Oh my gosh! That's probably the best 3D rendering I've ever seen! Why, it's so realistic that at first I couldn't tell whether it was animated or actually real!

^ I thought it was real. :wacko:

It's not real? Reminds me of I305.

Where does it say it is a rendering?

Edit: Oh it says 2013. Wow. Great animation.

Except it is real.

http://www.rcdb.com/9549.htm?p=0

What you saw was a test run.

I'm pretty sure it is real. According to the description, they're still working on the theming, which, I assume, is why it's not opening till 2013.

Of all the things to debate, whether a video is real or animated is one of the last ones I thought I'd see on here tonight. Is everybody bored? :P

• Like 2

Or so it was said...

Lots of people here argue that there was (and continues to be) plenty of room for the Flying Eagles. If not in the exact spot where they were, then at least elsewhere in the park.

Another camp insists that Backlot Stunt Coaster is in the wrong place, either A) because it does something irrevocably negative to that area of the park independent of the Flying Eagles' removal or B] because it should fit like a puzzle piece into the Thunder Alley plot of land in Action Zone, where it would also thematically make sense as a "backlot, stunt" coaster.

• Like 2

I just rode Maverick a few weeks ago, and I can not stress how much I want a coaster like this at Kings Island. Not necessarily in River town, but just a face paced mega-lite would be fantastic.

I have NEVER been to Cedar Point on a day when that ride did not have downtime. Many days, SIGNIFICANT downtime. Please don't built that at KI.

^ I love TTD, its one of my all time favorite coasters. But you cant deny it has quite a large amount of downtime...

Most downtime there, from what I've seen, is fairly short (<30 minutes) in duration. It's gone down multiple times when I've been either in the station or in the queue. Having TTD running probably a huge maintenance priority.

That queue is often a frustrating one to wait in. The split doesn't always result in fair wait times, and you have to navigate a station crammed with 4-5 trains worth of people.

Personally, I'd love to see more rides like Stunt Coaster (maybe even one like the Spiderman/Simpsons rides @ UO? that would certainly be a change) before a massive Giga....I feel that the skyline has been so changed by new(er) rides like Diamondback and WindSeeker, that a new Giga may just be too much too soon.

But, a Giga would be pretty cool...maybe some years ahead?

Noo don't do that. (This is for the Stunt coaster Idea) You want to deal with the leg room fine by me. But I just hate the leg room in those launch coasters.

^ I love TTD, its one of my all time favorite coasters. But you cant deny it has quite a large amount of downtime...

Most downtime there, from what I've seen, is fairly short (<30 minutes) in duration. It's gone down multiple times when I've been either in the station or in the queue. Having TTD running probably a huge maintenance priority.

That queue is often a frustrating one to wait in. The split doesn't always result in fair wait times, and you have to navigate a station crammed with 4-5 trains worth of people.

I agree. I absolutely hate the queue for TTD, and the split is the worst part. For me, it seems like the station is always crammed and its just a mess. Its well worth the wait though!

• Like 2

Form what I have observed is that that top thrill Dragster is down once a day. I am almost positive that I'm wrong but that is just from what I have observed.

Top Thrill Dragster down a lot more Maverick, Millennuim Force, and Wicked Twister.

Have you observed the Intamin roller coasters day in and day out for an extensive period of time? If not, it is inappropriate to make generalizations at this point in time.

In response to the Storm real or fake thing at the top of the page- I don't think it looks fake at all, there's not really a easy way to mimic how the camera shakes. It also looks much too good to be fake.

Form what I have observed is that that top thrill Dragster is down once a day. I am almost positive that I'm wrong but that is just from what I have observed.

Top Thrill Dragster down a lot more Maverick, Millennuim Force, and Wicked Twister.

Funny because Dragster is always open when I'm at Cedar Point (along with MF and WT), but Maverick is down for at least 50% of the trip.

• Like 2