The compliment thread

homestar92

I've noticed a lot of threads on this forum always turn negative. So I decided to make this thread so that we can all share happy, positive things that happen to us at/around/regarding Kings Island. I'll go first.

I like the night staff on The Beast. They work very efficiently, and always seem very happy, even though you know they want nothing more than to go home. I also like the Flight Deck staff. It seems like they are always super-enthusiastic and I always have more fun because of it.

In short, I like when ride-ops are upbeat and fun.

• Like 3

I like everyone here, even when we disagree. Two people passionate about the same thing can butt heads. 6,000 people passionate about the same thing can start a full-scale war. For the most part, we play well off each other and I'm glad to have the chance to talk with you people every day! I've learned much more than I've taught, and I'm glad to have learned from such great people. Cheers!

• Like 4

Had a great evening at the park Friday night - first time in 13 years to have an entire weekend kid-free, and we went to KI for the last hour and a half of the day. Talked to the kid at Action Theater for a bit - he was kind enough to laugh at my weak joke comparing him to the Maytag repair man - and just had a pleasant quiet time at the park. Caught the new Summer Song review at the IS Stage on the way out, too. Nicely done.

• Like 1

I agree with GYK. Even though people tend to disagree a lot, I don't have a problem with anyone here. The forums are a great place to meet old and new friends, plus talk about what we love. I'm glad that I found out about this site and joined.

• Like 1

Kum Ba Yah! :)

This a great place with a diverse bunch united by feelings for a not so common park!

You have such a nice way of saying that all threads lead to SOB. Such wonderful, intricate verbiage!

• Like 1

I love coming here to read what you all have to say, seeing as a lot of remarks make me laugh!

Also, my first visit to the park this year was not only fun, but I appreciated the enthusiasm of the ride ops as well - asking people how their ride was with a smile, revving people up in the stations and even playing games over the PA system with riders was certainly a nice thing to see.

• Like 1

Just realized that I misspelled "compliment" in the title. If any mods would like to change that for me, I think it would really complement the mood of this thread :P

If you click "Edit" on the original post, then click "Use Full Editor," you can change the spelling in the topic name. :)

• Like 1

A few things that are worth complimenting about the park in 2012:

- park seems to be kept very clean

- ride ops have been enthusiastic and fast

- higher ups have been friendly

- food improvement and lower prices

- new path to zoom flume

- less crowded wave pool

- new perks for pass holders

- more rides/areas open longer for ERT

As I think about it, several of these have been requests and wants of the KIC community for a few years

• Like 1

I'll add something: When I was at the park the last week, I was having sort of a bad day. The first ride I rode that day was Flight Deck and while in line, a ride op dispatched a train by saying "Bob Saget". I started laughing and it totally made my day :D Also, Soak City looks awesome!

• Like 1

I enjoy chatting from time to time on here. Not being from the Greater Cincinnati area, I only visit the park once a year. I tend to listen what you guys have to say. It kind of (no pun intended) keeps me in the loop. The day I had at Kings Island was not a good one. Diamondback was down, Delerium was down part of the day, and so was Invertigo down all day. WindSeeker down part of the day. As you can imagine with the frustration, a lot of other attractions lines were longer than usual. But, one friendly employee at The Beast said and I quote "A bad day at Kings Island, beats a good day at work"

I went on to tell them, that the phrase needs to be on a t-shirt. Mine would say " A bad day of coaster riding, beats a great day at work."

• Like 1

I would like to compliment the staff working the Skyline on international, they put much more cheese on my coney than my local Skyline does.There staff have always been really nice when we eat there. It has become my favorite spot for lunch at KI,sitting in the AC on a hot summer day!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How about a compliment to Kings Island for their ongoing support of A Kid Again!

The park recently hosted the annual event, providing free tickets, parking, and BBQ for many families with severely sick kids.

Kudos KI! You may also remember this is the charity that was helped by the Diamondback first rider auction.

• Like 2