The compliment thread

homestar92

And...we should compliment those who maintain this very site that we use and love so much. Ryan and all the mods deserve a lot of credit for their hard work in bringing us information and helping pass along interesting news concerning our home park and other happenings within the Cedar Fair chain. Much love

• Like 5

I want to give a shout out to the young man who came out before the gates opened, to drum up enthusiasm yesterday. I believe his name was Nathan. 

I've been there for gates opening a lot this year, so I've seen a fair number of these ("Gooooood morning Kings Island, let's make some noise!"), done by different people. At that time of the morning I usually find it mildly obnoxious. 

However, his enthusiasm was so genuine and palpable, I found myself giving him a high five and chuckling by the time he was done. I think he managed to get more noise and excitement out of a few handfuls of waterlogged guests on a drizzly morning than I've seen from a couple hundred people on a beautiful day. 

• Like 4

I want to give a shout out to the young man who came out before the gates opened, to drum up enthusiasm yesterday. I believe his name was Nathan. 

I've been there for gates opening a lot this year, so I've seen a fair number of these ("Gooooood morning Kings Island, let's make some noise!"), done by different people. At that time of the morning I usually find it mildly obnoxious. 

However, his enthusiasm was so genuine and palpable, I found myself giving him a high five and chuckling by the time he was done. I think he managed to get more noise and excitement out of a few handfuls of waterlogged guests on a drizzly morning than I've seen from a couple hundred people on a beautiful day. 

Since I work in Admissions. I strangely enough know EXACTLY who you are talking about and will certainly pass that along to him. Nathan is such an awesome guy and one of the best people to work with. He has an enthusiasm about the park that's just awesome.

• Like 4

Whomever was the ride op at Kentucky Kingdom lightning run yesterday. I would like to thank so much.

See everytime I've been to Kentucky kingdom. I have NEVER been able to fit on lightning run. And have had countless walks of shames.

She recognized me from the last time I was at the kingdom. And I told her. Yeah. Probably wouldn't fit. Then she had a bright idea. "Hey. We usually get them big people in on rows 6 or 7. Let's try that!" She got me out of my row and took me up to row 6 right. Pushed me down as best as she could. And she looked back. And the guy gave a thumbs up. She gave me the biggest highfive. Said you fit! And told everyone to clap and say he gets to ride! I hadn't smiled that big in a while. And after my rides on storm chaser I went to guest relations and gave her a guest compliment. She deserved it. She went out of her way for me.

Great hour at Kentucky Kingdom. :D

• Like 7

I would personally like to thank Cedar Fair for giving us an excellent wooden coaster. When I think about it, they really didn't need to give us a coaster at the current moment considering we got Banshee in 2014, and there were other parks that deserved one before us ( KD, CaW etc.) But still, they decided to give it to us and now we have another great ride at a great park! It really does show how much the company values us as a park. I think it worked out alright in the end for everyone, considering CP and KD are getting RMC in 2018 and I think I heard rumors of a hyper going to CGA in 2019 and I suppose CF will give CW a new coaster before 2020.

• Like 1