Old KI

SonofBaconator

I would love for it to happen. But it would never have the charm that the park used to have.

I agree. It all seems so different now and sometimes I long to visit the park the way it used to be. Of course, that is impossible. But I would like to see some of the old things return. I agree with railroader19, I'd love to see some of the old scenery put back on the train ride. I loved it when they had the animatronic figures, it added so much to that ride instead of just being a transport to Soak City!

Having never been to one, how do the Disney parks stack up to how they were originally? Is it a similar situation compared to Kings Island?

I've been to Disney World several times. First was back in 1997, then again in 2000, then in 2004, and most recently last summer 2011. I think for the most part they seem the same. They may add a new ride, or convert an old ride into something new (example: Alien Encounters in Magic Kingdom became Experiment 626 with Stitch), but overall I feel like it always felt the same. All the classic attractions that you expect to see are there along with all the great theming!