Back lot Stun Coaster

SonofBaconator

I thought so. The decision was appreciated. How is it running this year, by the way? All of last year's effects still working?

I can't vouch for it this year as I have not been in the park since May, but a neat thing I thought I'd add is that the "Flight of the Valkyrie" music and refurb of the LED lights was the brainchild of one of the maintenance workers at Kings Island who heads up the "sound" department. He came up with that and was able to get it done. Super nice guy.

• Like 2

3. *Backlot *Stunt

According to RCDB, you're right... Circumstantially.

If the original poster is still lurking around unregistered, just know: our Stunt Coaster is by far in the best condition of the three. By far. Kings Dominion's Italian Job Turbo Coaster (that was really its name!) stops on the midcourse brakes where there are no flames, no sound effects, no helicopter, nothing. You just sit there and listen to the clicks where the pilot lights would normally plume. Wonderland's doesn't even stop on the midcourse brakes if it doesn't have to, cruising right on through (why should it stop, after all, when none of the effects work?).

When I was there this past Friday, there were sound effects, along with the lights lighting up where the bullets are shot out of the helicopter. The only thing missing was the explosion. It also has a splashdown, whereas King Island's was taken out.

But I did manage to see a roll-back on it at KD while I was there also. While, knowing that it is launched uphill and is completely possible, I had never seen it to be an issue. Have any of us here ever seen this happen at KI?

Yes I have seen BLSC roll back three times. Once on opening day 2010, I believe, and twice on opening night of Haunt last year.

• 2 weeks later...

If the original poster is still lurking around unregistered, just know: our Stunt Coaster is by far in the best condition of the three. By far. Kings Dominion's Italian Job Turbo Coaster (that was really its name!) stops on the midcourse brakes where there are no flames, no sound effects, no helicopter, nothing. You just sit there and listen to the clicks where the pilot lights would normally plume. Wonderland's doesn't even stop on the midcourse brakes if it doesn't have to, cruising right on through (why should it stop, after all, when none of the effects work?).

I rode the one at KD today. Their helicopter was actually working- it lifted up and rotated! Also, one of the two fire effects did go off. Apparently they've been working on it?

3. *Backlot *Stunt

When I was there this past Friday, there were sound effects, along with the lights lighting up where the bullets are shot out of the helicopter. The only thing missing was the explosion. It also has a splashdown, whereas King Island's was taken out.

But I did manage to see a roll-back on it at KD while I was there also. While, knowing that it is launched uphill and is completely possible, I had never seen it to be an issue. Have any of us here ever seen this happen at KI?

Yes I have seen BLSC roll back three times. Once on opening day 2010, I believe, and twice on opening night of Haunt last year.

I remember the first time riding it I saw a rollback, which was the train right before I got on. After the people got off, one of them started talking to my dad. She goes, "I can't believe my husband made me go on that thing! I didn't even know it went backwards!!!"

• Like 2

I've seen more rollbacks than I can count...along with some other interesting events involving BLSC (IJST) that I'll bet few on here have ever seen.

I've seen more rollbacks than I can count...along with some other interesting events involving BLSC (IJST) that I'll bet few on here have ever seen.

Do Tell My friend... Dooo.. Tell..

• Like 1