Soak City thieves

Bennett

What a bunch of losers. Get a life and get a job! Quit stealing people's credit cards!

PS. I do agree though that people need to leave their valuables in their cars, but common. People have to be pretty low to steal people's money and credit cards then go on a shopping spree!

This is what happens when a park nickel and dimes folks into buying ridiculously expensive lockers. People try to take short cuts by hiding their stuff and then CC/money/personal belongings get stolen.

(Sure they could've gone to their car and never left their stuff unattended) Maybe they should lower locker prices to alleviate this problem...

• Like 1

This is what happens when a park nickel and dimes folks into buying ridiculously expensive lockers. People try to take short cuts by hiding their stuff and then CC/money/personal belongings get stolen.

(Sure they could've gone to their car and never left their stuff unattended) Maybe they should lower locker prices to alleviate this problem...

People leaving valuables out in the open is not KI's fault.
  • Like 2

People leaving valuables out in the open is not KI's fault.

No ,but one would argue that it is KI's fault for having high locker prices.

A few things come to mind in these type of situations

1. Now that the guest now has had personal belongings taken from them at the park(whether its their fault or not) 99% percent of the time they will now share this experience when they're talking to a fellow friend about KI. Maybe this friend will now be turned off by going to KI because who wants to go to a park where thieves are?

2. Why would the guest not use a locker? Price? The Hassle? Sold Out? Unaware that KI has lockers? I'm sure theres lots of factors.

One thing is for sure though, if KI offered 2 dollar all day lockers, do you know how much more people would actually spend the 2 dollars? How many more people would tell their friends about this amazing deal and no hassle and no worries about people busting open lockers?

3. Sad to say that people just don't care about other people. Most of the time a thief will find a bag and they will think "they're so stupid to leave this out here ,they deserve it"(just to show how sick minded these people are) and its the sad truth. I hope they catch these rats and put them in the slammer.

• Like 2

If I can't afford a locker, I'll leave my bag out b/c I have to have something to keep my car keys, pass, sunscreen, contacts case & solution, and glasses in, but I leave all valuable stuff (cell phone, money, debit card) in my car, locked in the glove compartment :) If they stole my bag, the most valuable thing I'd lose would be my keys. It'd cause an inconvenience, but they could be replaced :)

It's not even replacing the stolen items (which is terrible) but gaining access to your money in a reasonable amount of time after gaining knowledge your card is/ has been used illegally.

How long can most of us last w/o having access to money? 7 days, maybe?

Since I only go to the waterpark once or twice a season, the locker price doesn't bother me that much. I'm usually with a friend, who I am able to split the cost with, which makes it a more reasonable price for me. My only complaint about lockers is the fact that I need to use one for Firehawk, but that is something for a different thread.

People need to quit lugging more than what they need into the park. Lock your valuables in the trunk of your car. Do not bring your cell phone, expensive sandals, and other stuff into Soak City. Put your drivers license, credit card, small amount of cash, pass, key, into a water proof container that you can wear around your neck. But break down and rent a locker and put your things into. It is not the parks responsibility to guard your valuables but yours. If as has been mention that the park should not "nickel and dime" people with the expensive lockers but either have very cheap or free lockers will not solve the problem. By doing so, there will not be enough space to install lockers to keep up with the demand and then you will have zero lockers to secure your things. I see people bring back pack full of things into the park and SC. I bring just a cheap towel, sun tan lotion, $5 pair of sandals, water proof case for my park ID, credit card, DL, and that is it. Rest is locked in my car.

• Like 1

^ I can remember, many years ago a security guard in a cat-bird tower (on the grassy blvd.) watching the cars in the parking lot. Years after that, the parking lot was patrolled by bicycle security (or perhaps it was both??)

Nonetheless, the lockers could be $.50, and people would still use stupid excuses for not using them.

The excuses would then be: I didn't want to stand in line and wait for quarters, the lockers never work, I don't want to carry the key, I couldn't find one, I don't want to put quarters in each time I open the locker.... etc....etc.... the list of bullcrap excuses goes on.

Accountability is gone and finger pointing rules the roost. Many today can't ever admit they made a bad decision, but they will throw everyone (including their own grey haired grandmother) under the bus when their bad decision blows up in their face.

• Like 3