Wed/Thurday mod challange pt 1

DegenRider

This story was going to have an extended ending, but due to time issues, that got scrapped. One day I will write the full version with the original ending.

The Beast Bunch written by StXBomber

“Aw man, look at all of those people at the gate! The park’s gonna be packed!†Aaron said as he pulled up to the parking lot of Paramount’s Kings Island, his favorite park in the world. He parked his car, walked up to the gate, and handed his season pass to the gate attendant. “Enjoy your day!†The attendant told Aaron. “Sure, enjoy a day like this. People are everywhere!†He walked on over to the ACE logo and met up with his good friend Pat. “Ready for some snapping?†said Pat. “Nah, I’m more in the mood for Beast right now, Eagles can wait until after Beast†said Aaron.

The two boys headed over to The Beast of a ride aptly named The Beast. “Man, it’s hard to imagine this has been here for 25 years now!†exclaimed Aaron. “Yeah, and it’s no surprise that it’s still named one of the best wood coasters in the world.†Pat replied. They entered the station and got the first ride of the day. The train departed the station, and began its trip up the hill. “Remember that episode of the Brady Bunch they filmed here? Man that was cheesy!†Pat told Aaron. Aaron did not have a chance to reply when the train went careening down the first drop into the tunnel. “Ah! Stupid brakes!†Aaron shouted as they went down the second drop. As they neared the second tunnel, the boys had no idea what was about to happen to them.

The train went through the tunnel, and halfway through the tunnel, a bright light blinded the boys. “What the…†At that time, the boys slammed into the ground.

Very slowly, Aaron came back to consciousness first. He looked around and did not see any sign of The Beast. “Pat, Pat wake up!†yelled Aaron as he shook Pat trying to get him up. “I’m up, stop shaking me!!!†The two looked around, but The Beast was no where to be seen. “What happened to the ride? Where’d it go?†wondered Pat. “Really, a ride can’t just walk off like that.†replied Aaron. “Well no kidding captain obvious! But we still don’t know what happened to the ride!†The boys heard what sounded like voices coming from nearby, so they went off to look and see who was making it. What they saw was something they couldn’t believe.

They saw Kings Island, but not the one they knew. This was before Paramount bought it out, before Vortex was built, before Bat was built… before Beast was built. They saw KI in 1972, its opening season. They stood before a lake with several canoes rowing along. One boat went by them, and several guests looked at them very strangely. “I don’t think this is normal…†said Aaron. “You’re ability to state the obvious amazes me…†joked Pat.

“What happened? Why is the canoe ride still here? That was taken out years ago!†Aaron screamed. They hopped in the boat, and the passengers looked at them even more strangely now. “What’s this ride on your shirt, Beast? What’s Beast?†asked one of the passengers. “It’s the ride that should be here.†Pat said. The kid lifted an eyebrow, and whispered something to his friend. The boat returned to land, and they started walking through the park.

“Well, obviously we somehow went back in time to 1972, but how?†Pat pondered. “Who cares? Let’s go ride Eagles!†They turned the corner around the future Vortex, and gasped. “Where are the Eagles???†They asked a guest nearby where they are. “You boys need a map, they are over by Racer!†They raced off, and snapped, with people looking up at them in awe.

As they got off, they noticed several camera men walking towards Racer. Right behind them; the Brady Bunch! “What the crap?†They raced over to the group as they walked towards the ride. “Whoa! We know you! We saw you on TV!†“Can we ride with you?†The show’s producers looked at each other, and then let them on. “We need some background passengers anyway.†The next few hours, they rode rides with the Brady’s and got to know them very well. As closing time came closer, they realized they had to get back to 2004. “Hey Brady’s†asked Pat, “you want to see where the big rides in the park are?†“Sure!†shouted all of the Brady kids. The whole group made their destination, and to get their, they went to Antique Cars, then over to the Festhaus, then The Racer, then Scooby’s Ghoster Coaster, then Monster, then the Eiffel Tower, then to the canoes.

“Wait a minute, where’s The Beast?†screamed Aaron. “Stupid! Beast hasn’t been built yet! How are we supposed to get home?†Pat yelled back. Very confused at this point, the Brady’s followed the boys into the woods. Time went by, yet they still had no way of getting home. Just at that time, Marsha tripped over something. “MY NOSE!!!†Her nose was all disfigured from hitting it on the ground. “Haha, that’s so funny!†shouted one of the Brady boys, “Why don’t we put that into the show?†Once everyone stopped laughing, they looked down at what she had tripped over.

“To return to 2004, touch here and say Beast 25 times†read Aaron from a log in the ground. “Wait a minute,†wondered Pat, “how is there some random log in the middle of the woods that can take us back?†Aaron thought for a second, “Easy! Plot development!†The boys, along with all of the Brady’s, grabbed onto the log and repeated Beast 25 times. As the group finished the final repetition, the same blinding light overtook them. Before their sight came back, they heard the familiar sounds of screaming and then the sound of a Beast train starting up the second lift hill. “Wait, where’s the Brady Bunch?†asked Aaron. “They probably didn’t make it because they do not belong in this time†replied Pat, “they are probably still back in 1972.â€

“We’re back!†As the train reached the top of the lift, they saw all of their favorites again. Vortex, FoF, and even SoB was there. As the train stopped in the brakes before the station, Aaron looked to his side. “WHOA!†Right in front of him, in faded letters, he read, “To return to 2004, touch here and say Beast 25 times†on one of the roof supports. “So that log was to become a part of Beast! Cool!†Pat said.

“Welcome back Beast riders, how was your ride?†Aaron and Pat both clapped and screamed as they always do. They got off the train, and asked the ride operator how long they were gone. “5 minutes! It’s the longest wooden coaster in the world!†the ride op chimed back. “Wait… we did that all in 5 minutes?†Pat asked. The boys decided to ride one more time, because their ride was interrupted, and they knew how to get back right away if they time traveled again. As they entered the station again, they looked up at the sign above the queues. “Pat, look at that sign!†shouted Aaron. Sure enough, the “Beast Unchained†sign was no longer there, but in its place was a new little known facts sign like the one for the 20th anniversary. One of the facts read, “The name for The Beast came from the son of one of the designers. When asked where he got the name, he told them that Beast was the name of ‘the ride that should be here’.â€

Confused and tired, the boys left the park, even though it was only 10:10 in the morning. At his house, Pat decided to see if anything else changed because of his adventure. He put his tape with the Brady Bunch at KI episode in, and watched. As he was watching The Racer scene, his girlfriend came in. “Hey, that guy in the back of the train looks a lot like you Pat! He even has your Beast shirt on!†said his girlfriend. Pat took a closer look, and sure enough, it was him and Aaron in the back. “Holy crap, I’m on TV… 32 years ago!â€

Very Bad. 1st you used my schict aka Time travel, its a **** poor ripoff of The Beast. I am way more cynical than aaron. Random log. Would of been funnier if the brady kids were in 2004 afterwords. I don't own a beast T-shirt, I start my days at Action Zone, Aaron is too good to hang with the PKIU staff. I am also horrbily single thanks for remidning me! sad.gif

F+++

1. The brady's come back to 2004 in the original version.

2. How do you know it's you?

3. The time travel thing is a rip-off of Beast, but the rest is mine.

4. You haven't had a time travel story in ages.

5. Not just any random log, but a random log that becomes The Beast!