July 4th crowds

TheLip2

I was just wondering what everyone's opinions of July 4th crowds might be like.

I was considering going up tomorrow night after I get off work at 5p and was trying to decide if it would be worth it to drag the girlfriend and my little bro from Big Brother Big Sister program up to see the expanded fireworks and catch a few rides if it isn't packed.

Opinions?

I was thinking it might not be that bad since the heat has been keeping crowds down and a lot of people seem to be traveling for the 4th, but how many are traveling to KI for the 4th. Lol

Accuweather is forecasting a high of 100° tomorrow with the possibility for a thunderstorm. Thursday is not much better with a high of 99° and a chance for a thunderstorm again. I'm going on Thursday and hoping it's not too crowded.

With the HOT weather and beings it is the 4th of July holiday, I would expect the park to be packed. Soak City will be packed and my plans after getting off work at The Park is to go to the pool at my apartment complex. That was where I spent my day off today. No lines of any sort and the water was cool!

I would believe that it would be crowded. Being that active service members will be able to get into the park for free, it will be a large crowd, or will it? That depends...

It may be alright in the dry park. While it is usually pretty crowded the week of the 4th, I checked the webcam today (er, yesterday) about midday, and it looked D-E-A-D. Now Soak City, on the other hand... Would NOT want to wait in those lines.

BUT, all that said, plan for crowds. If the place is empty, consider it an added bonus. Put up money for Fast Lane if you can afford it, or expect to wait in lines a lot, because people are often off work on the 4th of July, and it almost always gets VERY crowded.

Soak City will be packed today and your best bet would be to stay in the one of the wave pools rather than waste your time waiting in line for one of the water slides that only last for several seconds. After all, why spend all that time in the soaring heat in a long line for a 10 second water slide? it is just like watching traffic reports of all the huge traffic jams of people heading to the Jersey shore during these heat waves only to find videos of hardly anybody in the water but all on the beach instead.

Was at the park yesterday and was practically empty . ( Although the heat was horrible. ) Park got progressively more crowded after Soak City closed. From my experience crowds at both KI and CP are greatly exaggerated on holidays. I think people simply prefer to do other things on holidays.