Train feed back

SonofBaconator

I've been to Kings Island many years and I have came up with one motto for myself: "You can't go to Kings Island and not ride the train." I am a huge fanatic of the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad and it has been my passion for many years. Of all the parks I've been too, most of them have live steam trains that have a different theme to each one. What I want to know is, can you have an amusement park without a train?

Yes.

Kings Dominion.

To name just one.

So they have no roller coasters either? Pulling a terpy on terpy.

And I'm going to pull a terpy on you while you're pulling a terpy on Terpy and say that coasters had nothing to do with Terpy's post.

• Like 1

I think a train is a great addition to any park (like Disney World's), but it does not make or break an amusement park. Now BB1 used to ride the train from and to the waterpark, but nastalgia has taken its course, making only one ride on the train often. Also its great to know that there is another train enthusiast on Kings Island Central, welcome!

The train is a great way to get to Soak City and back. The previous years I have noticed a lack of commentary, when I went on Thursday, the employees seemed to be more energetic while commentating. The commentator on the way to Soak City used a dry tone of voice and heavy sarcasm. As we crossed the bridge that was "500 years old" he exclaimed, "Will we make it, I don't know," in the most bored sound I have ever heard a human being utter. Even if it was an employee not enjoying his job, it made me laugh.

I like the train for nostalgic reasons. They had one at LeSourdsville, and also, they used to have the western show during the ride of the KI train.

I'll go for a break, to get a nice breeze.

The cowboys during the Haunt were great. I fooled my young cousin by telling her stories of the old Indian/cowboy show they used to have, how fun they were, then bam! Ghost Cowboys.

I've always liked the KI&MVRR, but the Dollywood train made a much bigger impression on me. I love the way the engine looks and sounds, and I can't even explain why. It's the essence of a Dollywood trip for me.

In general, I like when parks have trains... to a point. It's all in how they're placed. Holiday World, Kennywood, and Hersheypark (as well as the two aforementioned trains, of course) have the right idea: the trains are relaxing and give you a unique view or experience. Stricker's Grove's train, in contrast, has a great station location, but the train gives you a great view of their backstage and maintenance areas and the spacious field of a parking lot you left your car in. I realize it's a tiny park, so there's not much they could do to interact with the midway. I can't fault them for that, as they're pretty clearly anticipating expansion with that layout. It's just odd.

I feel trains make a park, even little Lesourdsville/Americana, Strickers grove is better with a train. Kings Island train I've rode at winterfest, for the fun of it, for trips to water park, and just to relax, its a great addition, and great ride.

Would love some of the anmatronics to be back, but understand they are not.

Keep the train a chugging along.

^Good luck taking Amtrak from Cincy to Orlando. It'll take you forever and there will be a few bus transfers in there.

However; Chicago, DC and New York are easy destinations from Cincy via Amtrak. I'll be going to Indy, Chicago, Milwaukee and back to cincy in a month.

A train is nice to have at every park. i like to ride rails and see what can see. Would love to take an Am Track from Cinny to Orlando! A bill just got passed for Cal. I bevieve to have a high speed train!

edit: Cal. govoner must sign bill then it will happen.

Yeah, in California (that continues to be in a financial hole year after year), the State has agreed to sell $4.5 Billion of bonds (new debt) to fund part of the estimated $68 Billion cost of the project in order to secure $3.2 Billion of Federal Government support. I wouldn't plan on riding high speed rail from LA to SF very soon.

• Like 1

California is so broke that they issue state tax refunds in the form of an IOU, but still require you (if you are broke) to pay your taxes due with cash. Moonbeam (Gov. Brown) thinks the state can spend billions of dollars even though they are so far in debt. That train is not needed and will cost billions just to keep it running, all dollars they do not have. It is a train to no where.

California is so broke that they issue state tax refunds in the form of an IOU, but still require you (if you are broke) to pay your taxes due with cash. Moonbeam (Gov. Brown) thinks the state can spend billions of dollars even though they are so far in debt. That train is not needed and will cost billions just to keep it running, all dollars they do not have. It is a train to no where.

Well were over 14 trillion in debt nation wide and nothing has stoped us yet...

If done well the train could make a profit for them.

Rode the train this evening to go from Back Yard BBQ to The Beast, rather than take a long walk. I wish they could return some of the original theming to the ride. It's functional for getting from one side of the park to the waterpark, but it is rather boring otherwise.

If done well the train could make a profit for them.

I do not believe there are many public transportation systems that reliably operate at a profit - and that doesn't even account in many cases for paying off the upfront infrastructure costs.

A train is nice to have at every park. i like to ride rails and see what can see. Would love to take an Am Track from Cinny to Orlando! A bill just got passed for Cal. I bevieve to have a high speed train!

edit: Cal. govoner must sign bill then it will happen.

And they must find the money to pay for it.....

I have a real train question. Why does Dollywood's train give off huge plumes of smoke, but KI's and others do not? What is the difference between the trains?

Dollywood's train was awesome.

Dollywood is a full sized coal powered locomotive, it requires much coal to operate resulting in a lot of soot. CPLERR is also coal fired, but a narrow gauge with smaller engines that produce less soot. KIMVRR is either propane or oil fired which produces no soot and little smoke. (BGW, MK, DLRR are also like this).

Presented without comment.

FFlSl.jpg

The picture isn't showing up for me. If I try to load the image directly in my browser in a separate tab, I get this error: "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." :wacko: