New Attraction

SonofBaconator

I think we may get an announcement on some sort of revamp on River Town or Action Zone.

. What I would like to see in 2013 is either a new wooden roller coaster, Son of Beast fixed,

22763200.jpg

My prediction is a rehab of Action Zone. New Paint on all rides (except Invertigo), and a big flat or SMALL coaster to go with it. Maybe even a couple of small flats. However, despite this rehab, I believe Son of Beast will continue to sit for AT LEAST one more season.

I'm thinking that they will make another Italian Job or Flight of Fear LIM coaster some where. I don't think they can fit a big thrill in River town because its wedged between Coney Mall, Kiddie land and International Street. Unless they put a small ride where Crypt is now like a flat ride or something.

I think we may get an announcement on some sort of revamp on River Town or Action Zone.

. What I would like to see in 2013 is either a new wooden roller coaster, Son of Beast fixed,

22763200.jpg

From funny to overused in 2 topics or more.

• Like 11

I think I might be in the minority, but I actually like a little bit of wild speculation about the park…I think something big is going to be announced for 2013. Just a feeling I have…I have absolutely no evidence to back it up.

• Like 2

It was painted when Diamondback was built.

I think KI will announce the demise of SOB, and start to take it down over the offseason. 2014 will add a new coaster in that area.

i'm going to put a vote behind this one and build on it by saying i'll bet the demise is announced along with a 2014 attraction in the coming weeks- also with the announcement that for 2013 a new dark ride that may have a family tilt to it in the former Crypt building.

Given the lack of a teaser or two at this point, I'm doubtful we're getting a sizable coaster for next year. Maybe something small, if that.

If we're getting anything (and remember, we just got a significant waterpark overhaul), my money's on a flat ride or more 2011-esque general park improvements.

• Like 1

I would be shocked if there was a new coaster built anytime soon unless its inside Soak City. I wouldnt be suprised to see SoB and Delirium gone. I really hope when they send the bad news for SoB that they send some really good news in the same breath. I dont think Delirium has operated an entire day this year,its years or days have got to be numbered.

• 4 weeks later...

New stuff for kids area would be cool. Bumper Boats, a steel coaster, tea cups, and return of pedal trains. For us big kids: some retheming to BLSC, (although it is looking really good!) readd water effects and more fire, send FoF over the edge with more theming that it has ever had.

At least one new kid ride and one ride with a decent amount of theming added to it. Although im not a larger person, how about longer seatbelts and modfied lap/sholder restraints to allow larger guests to enjoy rides. Even could just have two or three rows just for the larger guests.

Vortex as a whole was not painted during the construction of Diamondback.

Diamondback was built in 2009. Vortex was painted in 2008. Furthermore, the only part of Vortex that was painted in 2008 were the orange rails. The last time Vortex was painted over completely was some time around 2001.