Commercials

SonofBaconator

I have noticed that when Kings Island has its commercials, they aren't the rides that they have or even ones that any of the other Cedar Fair Parks have. Should Kings Island start shooting commercials in the park as well as the other Cedar Fair parks instead of using all of Cedar Points Rides in the advertisement? (If you have seen the commercials, you know what I mean)

If you look at the Pop machines in the park, there are two towers. One is WindSeeker, the other is NOT Drop Tower. Wrong shape. (ET is on there too) I think there was something else I noticed wrong on it too but I can't remember.

The yellow ride is Dominator at Kings Dominion-pay attention to Terpie's post. At any rate, although I love KI and CP I do wish their commercials ( as well as the commercials for the other Cedar Fair parks) were not so cookie cutter-I wish that the commercials would highlight the uniqueness of each park. How I miss the old slogans that would identify each park. ( Get to the point for CP, Let yourself go for KI.)

The ride that you thought was Dominator was probably the bright yellow loop on Green Lantern at SFGAv and the yellow floorless coaster was probably Medusa at SFDK.

EDIT: No, railroader19 is right on the money, the big yellow loop is definitely Dominator.

Most parks take for granted that people won't be pausing the videos to dissect the shots. And as we know, most chains understand that people aren't wrapped up in the details enough to notice Maverick on Kings Island's page or Carowinds' Top Gun in brochures. It's very common.

Commercials for Paris' La Tour de la Terreur contain something like 70% fifteen year old stock footage of Florida's Tower of Terror ride and 30% computer-aided footage recorded at and for California's. The facade shown most frequently, by far, is Florida's, which is done in gothic style architecture and positioned 'backwards' compared to the Puebo-Deco Californian / Parisian building. That is, the towers look NOTHING alike, but how many people outside of park fandom do you think notice / care? (Compare :12 to :48, or :38 to :01).

Tower-Of-Terror.jpg?1336158663

dl-tower-of-terror-640x480.jpg

Similarly, commercials for Walt Disney World often contain images of Disneyland's Tomorrowland and vice versa. The end of Florida's "Soarin'" (of course, a direct duplicate of Disney California Adventure's "Soarin' Over California," just with the attraction name conveniently shortened) is a finale flyover of Disneyland Park at Christmas. The parks share many, many, many nearly identical attractions even country-to-country, but a keen eye can spot major inconsistances in footage... It's no different for Cedar Fair. Why hire a costly production crew to film each park's rides when Joe Everyman can't tell the difference between Intimidator and Diamondback, and doesn't care anyway!

Point out to a friend that the footage used in the Kings Island commercial is of Kings Dominion's Dominator and they might ask, "So what?"

Not sure where to put this, but it kind of struck me as a bit odd.

Driving home the other day, I was flipping around stations and stopped at K99.1, a country station out of Dayton that can be heard from the 275 loop up to somewhere north of dayton. Anyways, it was a Planet Snoopy commercial talking about all the attractions for kids, etc.... then finished up with a Planet Snoopy, only at Cedar Pointe.

Seems that if they're going to advertise for Cedar Pointe in Kings Island's (practically) back yard on a radio station that can be heard from Kings Island's water park, they might want to check the wording of the ad. To make it even more ironic, the very next commercial was for some new store opening up in Mason.

Not sure where to put this, but it kind of struck me as a bit odd.

Driving home the other day, I was flipping around stations and stopped at K99.1, a country station out of Dayton that can be heard from the 275 loop up to somewhere north of dayton. Anyways, it was a Planet Snoopy commercial talking about all the attractions for kids, etc.... then finished up with a Planet Snoopy, only at Cedar Pointe.

Seems that if they're going to advertise for Cedar Pointe in Kings Island's (practically) back yard on a radio station that can be heard from Kings Island's water park, they might want to check the wording of the ad. To make it even more ironic, the very next commercial was for some new store opening up in Mason.

Cedar Point has been running TV ads in the Cincinnati market as well.

I've seen more Cedar Point commercials than I have Kings Island. Now that all the commercials are the same you don't know whether it's going to be Kings Island, Cedar Point, Dorney, and etc. I've seen all three of these play on T.V.