Paramount Artifact

SonofBaconator

How about a thread just entitled "HERE'S A THING!" and we can bullet point all of the minute, Kings Island related things we find / think / want / feel / learn / hear at once instead of having separate topics for each little thing that crosses our mind?

• Like 3

Standbyme seems to have hit the, ahem, "Jackpot!"

Idea: bury yours in a time capsule, with instructions to your great grandchildren to dig it up (who knows? with medical science, you might just be there to dig it back up yourself). Then take it on to Antiques Space Show (you know, because there won't be any 'roads') and see what it's worth then. I'd bet it'd fetch at least 1000-2000 future-bucks! Good luck!

:D

• Like 1

In this life I do not consider myself that knowledgeable about too much...but after over 10 years of following Kings Island stuff on eBay and other sites, I do feel like I have a feel for what Kings Island stuff is usually "worth". Sure, sometimes things go higher if the seller happens to get lucky when two people really want an item and fight for it...or lower if the seller describes the item wrong...but generally things stay in a certain price range.

When I posted my comment and photo it was simply to let know railroader that the coins are no gold mine. I posted the photo to save him the trouble. The photo that I posted is one of my own "file photos" that I took years ago when I was cataloging my collection...I don't want to buy the same item twice! ;) (My collection is all boxed away so I lose track sometimes.)

The coin does have value...but that is only if it brings back good memories to whoever owns one.

Idea: bury yours in a time capsule, with instructions to your great grandchildren...Then take it on to Antiques Space Show (you know, because there won't be any 'roads') and see what it's worth then.

Another reason that I have photographed all of my stuff is so that my relatives can ebay everything easier once I am "gone"....really. :blink:

• Like 1

There's an old footer from The Bat's transfer track that, until very recently, had an old, rusty bolt sitting on it. It had been there since AT LEAST 2010. Perhaps it was somehow related to The Bat or Vortex. Either way, it has been removed now and I am saddened.

I always wanted that bolt. If I had disposable income, I would pay top dollar for any piece of an Arrow Dynamics Coaster. I'd really like the front car from an Arrow looper train to go in a future man-cave. Anyone know if those ever show up for sale? That would be an artifact worth something to me.

There's an old footer from The Bat's transfer track that, until very recently, had an old, rusty bolt sitting on it. It had been there since AT LEAST 2010. Perhaps it was somehow related to The Bat or Vortex. Either way, it has been removed now and I am saddened.

I always wanted that bolt. If I had disposable income, I would pay top dollar for any piece of an Arrow Dynamics Coaster. I'd really like the front car from an Arrow looper train to go in a future man-cave. Anyone know if those ever show up for sale? That would be an artifact worth something to me.

Like these? I think these fell to the ground sometime before the ride was repainted in 2004. It's cool to always have a piece of something that was such an important time in my life.

img20120710050903.jpg

• Like 1

The steel is worth what ever the price per pound is. Any scrap yard can tell you how much they will pay you if you would to happen to have a piece of the steel from the ride. Now if you should have piece from the Titanic, then it is worth far more than the scrap value.

I found an old arcade token from when Paramount owned Kings Island. It has the Paramount/ Kings Island logo. I wouldn't mind keeping it, but if I could get some money off of it, I would be happy. Is worth anything?

I'll give you 2 KI tokens for your 1 Paramount token ;)

The KI tokens are worth more this season. You only get 2 tokens for $1 in the arcades now. You used to get 4 for $1! What a rip off!

'Wat you talkn 'bout Willis?'

The value of the tokens are spot on as the value of the prizes have NEVER gone up.

Why try for this 7549299566_afa4ee1b03_m.jpg when you can go for the "Real Thing" 7221733780_44a4234eac_m.jpg at your local Animal Shelter.

And might I Add, there is a little more skill involved in winning one of these Kitties...They're quick! "I'm Bob Barker and I approve this message!" (not!)

(Adding my two tokens(cents) of sarcasm here) :P