Any reason?

MovieGoddess9704

Anyone know why they don't do the Slime Time Live show anymore? Despite being 23 years old I still always enjoyed watching it.

Also what is the deal with seatbelts on Beast and Racer? We've gone how long without them and now unless you have your seatbelt buckled they won't let the train leave the station.

Also what is the deal with seatbelts on Beast and Racer? We've gone how long without them and now unless you have your seatbelt buckled they won't let the train leave the station.

It's because some people desided not to ride correctly and suffered fatel results.

It happened at Holiday World during the Stark Raven Mad Event. If you've been there you know that the coasters there have quick unexpected drops. Well a coaster enthusiast decided she'd stand up, the train went over a hill and she flew out. Holiday World was known for letting people during the event have loose restraints for airtime since the event was held for coaster enthusiasts. Now PTC (the maker of the trains) issued a statement saying that it would be smart for parks to install seatbelts although not mandatory, pretty much meaning they couldn't be held liable if this action was not taken. The seatbelts don't even restrict you any so they're not a big deal.

Eyewitnesses that were on the train, including her fiancee which was sitting right next to her say she was standing.

Tanner were you there? I was standing up on the 5th drop myself. It was hard not too because of how insane the airtime was during SRM 2003. Kinda hard to have "eye witnesses" on the train and on the ride when the ride is pretty seculded and she was in the back of the train. Sorry dude that doesn't hold up very well for anyone whos ridden the ride. Its in the woods. As for her fiancee' I would gather that he shouldn't of allowed her to ride in a unsafe manner. She was a very small person and if she was riding in an unsafe manor (which we were all WARNED about at SRM)then blame has to be placed on the person. If not it was That she was just skinny enough to slip out of the restraints. There are countless other factors here.

Also Raven has seatbelts.

Another fun factoid is that on PTC trains the lapbars are known to fail and pop up. Thus its why the seatbelt is the primary restraint according to PTC. PKI has this problem somehwhat elminated on there PTC trains as they sit alot lower than your average PTC train and if its gonna pop on ya. Its usually down into the groin.

Yeah she may have but still raven has standup air all over the place. Including by the parking lot. Its ran even more insane for SRM. We are never going to know why. But this gets off topic dude. The raven already had seatbelts to begin with. PTC was just covering thy asses just in case.

There is a difference between "virtually standing up" and "standing up". If the seat belt was undone and the lap bar was down. There is no "standing up" but "virtually standing up" can occur due to the airtime.

Either way, someone made a mistake, and now the company is asking that seatbelts be installed on any coaster train they made, even though the seatbelt was undone in this case.

Ok then, the people that said she was virtually standing up. If that was the case wouldn't the other people in the train also be "virtually" standing up? Sure there's airtime, but that would mean the other people would be affected just as well. If I were PTC I'd be protecting my "bottom" too. You guys are trying to prove a logical case trying to protect your fellow enthusiast yet your story has holes maybe you don't realize. I mean how do you not believe the official prosecutors report?

Tanner

Each person acts on their own and if someone sets a bad example not everyone should be looked down apon because of it. I am not trying to be harsh but, I would hate to have people look down on coaster enthusiest, beacaue thinking that we don't care for the rules becaus they don't apply to us.

Sorry to get off topic

The backseat has the most airtime on raven. Even one seat in front of it is not as violent. anywho this isnt holiday world unlimited.

Someone asked why seatbelts were installed. We answered with background to the subject. No ones looking down on enthusiasts, and sure everyone acts their own, but to say every report is false and even the official report issued by the state is false something is wrong. Sure you've heard stories from people at the event who really don't know more than anyone not directly involved with the investigation.

You also say this isn't Holiday World Unlimited yet when a topic about the Scream death started and I said something about this being a PKI site I was the one under fire for it, yet you're being a hypocrite to something you backed up in the beginning. This also is not the Jeff Siebert Unlimited Page.