7/7/12 KI trip Report

Scott Evans

To celebrate my 37 birthday I bought myself tickets to Kings Island with Fast Lane as a gift from my wife. A friend of mine went with me as my wife does not like rides for the most part.

Anyway on the hottest day of the year the Fast Lane really came in handy. While the park was not that crowded the last thing I needed to do was stand in line and bake in the sun.

We arrived at the park at 9:40, got our Fast Lane tickets and walked through the stores to try to stay in the AC. Finally the park was opened and we hit Diamondback. Honestly here we arrived to the station about the same time as the normal line but the rest of the day Fast Lane was a huge help.

Due to the heat we didn't make it the entire day and actually spent time in shows just to cool off. The British Show was bad, the magician was horrific, the Country show was not too bad. Also rode Boo Blasters 4 times as that was in the AC. My friend needed something minor form the first aid station and that was a great place to cool off. We left around 6:30-7p as I was on the verge of heat exhaustion/stroke, unfortunately not making it to night. Still a good day go getting in 26 rides.

Ride count:

Adventure Express

Backlot Stunt Coaster - 2x

Boo Blasters - 4x

Congo Falls

Diamondback - 3x

Drop Tower - (this was on the sign as closed when we entered but evidently they got it operational)

Flight of Fear - 2x

Flying Ace - first time riding, for a kids coaster it was pretty quick/intense

Inveretigo - 2x

Race for Your Life

Shake, Rattle & Roll

The Beast - 2x

The Racer

Viking

Vortex - 2x

White Water Canyon

Couple of comments: Instead of the 15 dollar unlimited drinks in the souvenir cup, why not offer a 15 dollar unlimited drink band that doesn't require carrying around the cup. Though that did come in handy yesterday and I stuck mainly with water.

Why did they remove the misting stations and replace it with a produce stand. How is one supposed to eat a full pineapple or watermelon?

Boo Blasters had one of the best crews in the park.