Vortex Hurts Dx

drakee510

I was at the park today and the breaks at the end right after the helix were making this high pitched screech when the cars would come through. Also I've noticed that people getting off aren't all laughing and smiling like other rides but complaining about how rough it was

I remember Vortex being a very smooth ride the first few years of its operation. I don't know if it is true of arrow loopers in general but over the years, it has gotten rougher and rougher. In contrast, the B & M Raptor seems just as smooth and fresh now as when it first opened 18 years ago.

It doesn't physically hurt me as much as it messes with my head. At the top of the hill right after the second loop, I always "white out" a bit. It disorients me but as soon as it makes the turn to hit the helix, all is good again. If I ride it numerous times in a row, it can start to take its toll but it's easily shaken off.

I have tried looking forward as well as up and down but on one of the last rides, I can beat it a bit if I turn my head to the side. Learned it as I was laughing and trying to talk to my son. He is like me and can't stop from laughing the entire ride on a coaster.

Vortex doesn't bother me at all, grow some neck muscles and keep your head still...

My first ride on The Vortex was very smooth, and fun. So when I got on next year I had no idea... (before I got on The Vortex) my neck was out of placement and I went to the chriopractor and he fixed it. 1 hour later on The Vortex... SNAP! There goes my neck... happily, nothing injured.

But after that ssituation, if I keep my head stiff as a board, and it seems okay.

Vortex is tolerable. One of the smoothest Arrow Dynamics multi-loopers. As i said before the front has headbanging and no pressure. But the back has no headbanging but pressure. I pick the back because id rather have pressure than headbanging

• Like 2

Vortex is tolerable. One of the smoothest Arrow Dynamics multi-loopers.

How many Arrow multi-loopers have you been on?

I'm not saying I disagree, I'm just genuinely wondering.

To be honest, of all the Arrow loopers I've been on, Vortex is one of the best (second only to Tennessee Tornado, which is pretty much in a class of its own as far as Arrow rides go, as far as I'm concerned.) I'd have to agree with stashua. Granted, only two others (Anaconda and TT) have actually been custom loopers, while the rest have been variations of the standard Corkscrew model, but Vortex is the only "classic" Arrow looper I've ever actually enjoyed in some capacity for the duration of the ride.

On that note, the praise for car 5 (and especially row 1) is justly deserved, as it's pretty much the only row I end up riding in anymore. Car 7 is an acceptable alternative, but the front of the train headbangs pretty strongly. I find I enjoy most other models from Arrow even more than the loopers, though--particularly the mine trains I've been on.

Last time I rode it it hurt like heck. It was manly because of the restraints though. My ear was bleeding when the ride was over from where my head banged around so much my earring cut into my neck. I think it really is the price you pay with most rides with those type of restraints though. Flying ace is like that, as well as flight deck. I think it also has a lot to do with your height too though.

• 1 month later...

I was at the park today and the breaks at the end right after the helix were making this high pitched screech when the cars would come through. Also I've noticed that people getting off aren't all laughing and smiling like other rides but complaining about how rough it was

I was there that day! I could hear that screech all the way from WindSeeker. :blink: Oh and another thing. I found out that it wasn't the brakes causing the screech. One of the trains had something that caused it. I could tell the problem was somewhere near the back, as the train was more than halfway on the brakes when the screech would occur.

On the contrary, I thought the atmosphere in the station was quite positive. When the op said, "How was your ride?" a lot of people, probably more than half the train, were cheering.

As of my visit on August 4th (or even earlier), there is no more screeching :D