First Roller Coaster

fanofFirehawk

My first roller coaster was also the (then) Beastie in 1991 when I was six. I came off white as a ghost and didn't get one another roller coaster until my family's trip to WDW in 2007. Rock n' Roller coaster got me hooked and I have been riding ever since.

Taxi Jam (was that what it was called?) It was my first ride. It still looks like a fun little ride! ...don't judge. :ph34r:

The Great Pumpkin Coaster! When I was very young, I was scared to death of it! I would cry and cry when I rode, now I can't get enough of roller coasters.

Taxi Jam (was that what it was called?) It was my first ride. It still looks like a fun little ride! ...don't judge. :ph34r:

Edit: Or was it Les Taxis? Both names pop out in my mind for some reason...

As Goodyellowkorn pointed out, the ride started off as Scooby Zoom, before being renamed Top Cat's Taxi Jam, then Fairly Odd Coaster, and now the Great Pumpkin Coaster. I'm not %100 sure, but I think that Les Taxis may have been the Rivertown side of the 'tiques.

*Sometimes it does look like a fun little ride; the only coaster that could easily fit in my backyard! :P

The Zippin Pippin at Libertyland in Memphis.

This is the same coaster Elvis Presley used to play the craziest and most dangerous practical joke I've ever heard of. Back in the 70's, the only thing holding you in was a manual seat belt(like on Beast), Elvis would regularly rent Libertyland out for him and his friends overnight. He'd ride in the front seat and after the train left the station, the ride op on E's request would briefly stop the train on the lift hill and Elvis would hop out and stand on the lift hill out of sight of his guests still waiting in the station. The train would run it's circuit and when it returned to the station everyone on it would be screaming wildly that Elvis flew out!

Shortly after the complete freakout of the station guests, Elvis would walk back down the lift hill to the station, cracking up with the guests on the train.

****PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS*******

I think Elvis might have been a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

As Goodyellowkorn pointed out, the ride started off as Scooby Zoom, before being renamed Top Cat's Taxi Jam, then Fairly Odd Coaster, and now the Great Pumpkin Coaster. I'm not %100 sure, but I think that Les Taxis may have been the Rivertown side of the 'tiques.

*Sometimes it does look like a fun little ride; the only coaster that could easily fit in my backyard! :P

I believe that it was never the Fairly Odd Coaster, that was the name for the original Scooby Doo coaster, aka The Beastie. Wasn't it Little Bill's Giggle Coaster?

• Like 1

I believe that it was never the Fairly Odd Coaster, that was the name for the original Scooby Doo coaster, aka The Beastie. Wasn't it Little Bill's Giggle Coaster?

yes

(Sorry for the long post)

My first roller coaster was the taxie cars (little bills giggle coaster?) Then fairly odd coaster. But my real roller coaster was The Racer. My dad said I was ready for a bigger one. He said I could choose from The Racer, or Adventure Express. I asked him what Adventure Express was like, and he said "It is just a little coaster". But since I couldnt see the AE from where I was standing I chosed The Racer. On the hill I bureid my face in my dads arm. When we went down I felt like There was a force field agasinst me, and my stomach dropped. But after that first hill I laughed, and laughed. Wen we got off I Said " lets do it again!!!" there was no line, so my dad said sure. When we were going up the first hill I buried my head In my dads arm. My dad asked why I was scared, but I didnt know how to explain the "force field". So I said I dont know. After that hill I was ok.

About two weeks later I decided to go on Adventure Express. When the ride was over I thought to myself "Wow. I should of picked this one first" But that was the past and I didnt even care. I laughed.

• Like 1

My first was Scooby Doo. No, not Scooby Zoom, but Scooby Doo. Or as you young'uns might know it better, Beastie/Fairly Odd Coaster/Woodstock Express. Yeah, I'm old.

Unless you count the time that my mom rode Racer when she was pregnant with me in 1972. Then that's my first. Times were different then. And I blame that incident for my love of coasters. :)

• Like 4

My first coaster was the Great Pumpkin Coaster or whatever it was called back then. My first coaster outside kiddie land was The Racer when I was about 8 or 9. I don't really remember it, but according to my mother, I begged and begged to go on The Racer, and she tried and tried to talk me out of it, saying that it was too tall and too fast for me and that I wasn't ready yet. I persisted and won. By the time we were halfway up the lift hill, I was bawling my eyes out wanting to get off, but obviously I couldn't. That ride spooked me so bad that I did not return to KI or any other amusement park until two years ago (at age 23) when I decided to take the plunge and get my first Gold Pass. My first visit that year I stuck to the smaller rides (FD, AE, BLSC, Racer), added The Beast, Firehawk, and Vortex on the next visit, and DB, FOF, and Invertigo on the third visit. I already mentioned my first DB ride in another thread here; that was when I decided I could ride anything.

• Like 1

My first kiddie land ride was The little Beast (Fairly Odd Coaster). I thought "Eh, That wasn't SO bad!". I was 6 at the time and it was the last day of the season. The next season I rode it again and once again thought the same thing. Thinking I could handle something MUCH bigger, I begged my aunt to sneak me on The Vortex (I was a tiny 7 year old). We had almost made it through when they asked me to check my height. I thought to myself "Noooooooooooooo". When they took me over to the metal bar of death (Height checking thing), they brought the metal over my head, and just when I thought "Man I'm not gonna make it" BOOM!

It hit the side of my head. Everyone was staring at me and then clapped. I felt proud of my self cause right before I got on the ride, I stuffed tissue in my shoe.

We climbed to the top of that hill, my aunt glancing over at me every second. My hands were sweating, so I was losing grip. I wanted to wipe my hands but the second I put my hands on my knees to wipe my hands, the chain stopped, and out of no where a huge hill made my stomach drop.

I can honestly say, I thought I was going to flip out on the corkscrew after the MCBR. When the ride was over, the Ride OP came over and said "Is this your first time riding?" When I responded with "Yes!" he asked me if I liked it, I shouted "YES!!!"

He said "if you really loved Vortex, scream "I love Vortex" I screamed it and everyone laughed and clapped and cheered(:

By the way, it's good to be back(:

• Like 3