Cedar Point Questions

I don't know if anyone else wonders this, but if anyone "In the Know" knows the answer to this, but how does Wicked Twister's launch work? I don't understand how the same magnets launch and brake both ways.

WT uses Linear Induction Motors (LIM) which are electro magnets that rapid fire in sequence as the blade passess through. They flip between attract and repel to speed up the train. After the 5th launch (3rd forward) the brakes drop to stop the train. Once the train is stoped the brakes rise and the LIMs slowly pull the train into park position.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else wonders this, but if anyone "In the Know" knows the answer to this, but how does Wicked Twister's launch work? I don't understand how the same magnets launch and brake both ways.

This video actually has a good comparison between Maverick's launch and Wicked Twister's launch,

^^^Top Thrill Dragster does not open for ERT. It opens at 10 a.m. with the rest of the park.

TTD has been open for ERT this year at least when I was at CP. I think it is a matter of how soon the staff can get the ride ready and, if it is ready at 9am, they will include it with ERT.

Don't forget Power Tower-while I do love Drop Tower, Power Tower is 10 times better because of the air-time both on the drop side and the lift side.

I don't understand the whole Maverick front seat thing. I find it hard to believe you can't ride it anywhere else and have it be not worth your time.

Also, specifically, what days of the week should be least crowded?

I don't understand why they say that either. I've ridden Maverick multiple times in every seat and actually prefer the back. You will never know unless you try both.

The weather is supposed to be great tomorrow. Millennium will probably be around an hour along with Maverick and Dragster. Magnum will be a walk on up to 15 minutes. Raptor, at the end of the day, will be around 20 minutes.

Really, it doesn't matter. If you are there all day then you have plenty of time to do everything and some things multiple times.