Soak City 7/14/2012

Voicetek

Finally made it out to Soak City today! My girlfriend and I decided to go out to Soak City today, it was kind of overcast and it looked like rain, but we decided to attempt it anyway. It was a good thing we did too because the weather kept the big crowds away. We didn't arrive until about 4:15 and the first thing we did was try the new wave pool. It wasn't very crowded at all! There were also plenty of tubes to grab. So we grabbed some tubes and enjoyed 3 rounds of waves. Next we walked over to Mondo Monsoon. We love that slide, but the line is always long. As always, this was a long line today, the longest line in the whole waterpark. After that we thought we'd give the new Splash River a try. I was kind of concerned because I've heard some negative reviews on here about all the water sprayers. However, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Yeah, it was kind of annoying being sprayed, but the stream of water wasn't as powerful as I was fearing. So all in all, Splash River was pretty fun. Next I decided to go on Rendezvous Run which is always fun. After that it was starting to rain a little and the air was getting kind of cool. By this time is was about 6:15, so we decided to go back over to the new wave pool and enjoy a few more rounds of waves before we left. It was kind of a short visit today, but it was nice to get to walk around Soak City for the first time and experience some of the new additions/upgrades. We hope to get back at least one more time this season on a day where it's actually hot and sunny!

• Like 1

I agree the upgrades to Soak City are nice but if their going to have two wavepools then, No you can't two wavepools. Just tear down the old one and put in two or three new slides!

Ever been to Holiday World? They have two wave pools AND two lazy rivers. It works out fine for them...

Thanks for the report.

Did you rent a locker or lockers?

Terp, who is beginning to suspect lockers are now a major contributor to per caps at waterparks.

Yeah we rented just one of the small lockers. It's big enough to fit both of our stuff in. We usually pack light knowing that we're going to have limited space. I liked the way you could rent your locker from the kiosk and even type in your own 4 digit code. That was really a nice feature. However, I still think 12 bucks for a locker is kind of much!

Nice report!

The guest-operated sprayers at the entrance to the river have been greatly reduced in force since the preview weekend. I also noticed earlier this month that the streams used to fill the buckets at the bridge next to Paradise Plunge were either broken or turned off, and the same was true of the big bucket at Splash Landing.

Why it's like the silliness of having two nearly identical mirror-image wooden coasters operating side by side!

So you're saying that we have racing wave pools? I never thought of it that way.

I get what the interpreter is saying. But.... Longlivethesmurfride just pounded him. Why did they put them side by side? Mabey they wanted to use the area... off the top of my head, I dont know where else they would of put it.

BUT! I always thought it would be so cool it they put another mondo monsoon on the oppisant side and paint it pink and green (oppisant of blue and orange?). So that the two funnels faced each other.