Getting stuck on Kings Island roller coasters.

tuxedoman52

Never been stopped on any KI coaster before, except for once or twice on Adventure Express's second lift due to blocking, back when I was young enough to have been terrified enough to remember. The second lift was the scariest thing that ever happened to me as a kid at KI--so much so that getting stopped there was memorable to both me and my family, who rode the ride with me. (Or I assume the stop on that lift was due to blocking, anyway. This would have been in the mid-90's--did the ride run 3 trains at one time?)

Oh, and even though it's not a coaster, I once had a sensor misalignment (or whatever you want to call the control system losing track of the gondola) on The Crypt back in 2008. The ride very slowly lowered itself back to the loading position, with the music and lights still doing their things all the while. The thing took forever to finally park, and once stopped, the ride ops acted as if nothing had gone wrong and told us to enjoy our day. The ride was declared down immediately afterwards.

• Like 1

I remember the last couple of seasons Phantom Theater was there, it seemed to stop quite a bit during the ride. Sometimes the ride would just stop, other times the ride would stop and so would the music and all the characters. I assumed some of that stopping had to do with trying to load people, perhaps handicapped people. Other times, I'm not really sure what was going on. It was always fun to get stopped during that ride though although I don't know if I would've liked to have had to evacuate and walk through the dark along side of the animatronic figures though lol. That would've been an interesting experience!

• Like 1

Getting stuck on a ride is fun..... for the first 5 minutes.

After that, someone is bound to say "I'm glad I went to the bathroom before this" which immediately makes you start to think "I should have went" then you have to go too.

Then there is the "girl who won't stop screaming" because, ya know, the longer & louder you scream always makes things go faster....

There will also be the "I'm gonna sue" or "I'm getting my money back" guy. (although I did get a free day pass @ CP for being stuck on DD for 45 minutes)

My favorite: "This doesn't happen at Cedar Point".

Forgot one: "I should have got a locker".

• Like 5

Getting stuck on a ride is fun..... for the first 5 minutes.

After that, someone is bound to say "I'm glad I went to the bathroom before this" which immediately makes you start to think "I should have went" then you have to go too.

Then there is the "girl who won't stop screaming" because, ya know, the longer & louder you scream always makes things go faster....

There will also be the "I'm gonna sue" or "I'm getting my money back" guy. (although I did get a free day pass @ CP for being stuck on DD for 45 minutes)

My favorite: "This doesn't happen at Cedar Point".

Forgot one: "I should have got a locker".

My fav, "This better not take too long!"

off topic, I like your new avatar picture.

• Like 1