Getting stuck on Kings Island roller coasters.

tuxedoman52

I remember the last couple of seasons Phantom Theater was there, it seemed to stop quite a bit during the ride. Sometimes the ride would just stop, other times the ride would stop and so would the music and all the characters. I assumed some of that stopping had to do with trying to load people, perhaps handicapped people. Other times, I'm not really sure what was going on. It was always fun to get stopped during that ride though although I don't know if I would've liked to have had to evacuate and walk through the dark along side of the animatronic figures though lol. That would've been an interesting experience!

I had the same thing happen, but not on Phantom Theater it was on the Haunted Mansion at Disney World it was pretty cool.

Getting stuck on a ride is fun..... for the first 5 minutes.

After that, someone is bound to say "I'm glad I went to the bathroom before this" which immediately makes you start to think "I should have went" then you have to go too.

Then there is the "girl who won't stop screaming" because, ya know, the longer & louder you scream always makes things go faster....

There will also be the "I'm gonna sue" or "I'm getting my money back" guy. (although I did get a free day pass @ CP for being stuck on DD for 45 minutes)

My favorite: "This doesn't happen at Cedar Point".

Forgot one: "I should have got a locker".

You forgot, "Stop shaking the RIDE"!!!! Also,"There is no way im getting off this thing, up here"!

What I mean is: Stuck mid course, rollbacks, stalls on lift hills/brake runs, or stopping the lift hill for taking objects away or tell someone to put their shoes on or put their legs down(flying ace arial chase)

Oh, if you're being that liberal with the definition of "stuck", then I've been stuck twice. Once on Flying Ace for someone to put their legs down, and once at the bottom of the lift hill of the Blue Racer during Coasting for Kids when they dispatched the train with the lap bar for the empty seat behind me still up (a ride op came out and put it down, then we started back up).

What I mean is: Stuck mid course, rollbacks, stalls on lift hills/brake runs, or stopping the lift hill for taking objects away or tell someone to put their shoes on or put their legs down(flying ace arial chase)

Oh, if you're being that liberal with the definition of "stuck", then I've been stuck twice. Once on Flying Ace for someone to put their legs down, and once at the bottom of the lift hill of the Blue Racer during Coasting for Kids when they dispatched the train with the lap bar for the empty seat behind me still up (a ride op came out and put it down, then we started back up).

What would happen if the lap bar were left up? Does this cause a problem?

I don't know. Obviously, the computer did not stop them from dispatching the train.

In this case, I can also say I've gotten "stuck" on The Raven's lift hill. Someone tried to take video of the ride, and the ride ops caught them on camera and stopped the lift. It's actually really surprising when it happens, because that lift goes from 8-ish miles per hour to zero very quickly. The chain dogs caught us with a loud thunk, which delivered a little shock when you're, say, busy talking to the person beside you. It was quickly restarted once the offender had apparently complied. But besides that and the AE thing, that's pretty much all I've got.

I don't know. Obviously, the computer did not stop them from dispatching the train.

On older coasters such as Arrows and various wooden coasters, there is no restraint sensor to tell the computer not to dispatch. Disaster Transport an intamin is often sent with restraints up in empty rows.

I've been temporarily stopped on Flight Deck's lift before, and stopped in the station on Adventure Express because someone had their phone out on the ride. "Please put away your phone." "..." "Sir, please put away your phone." "..." "Man in the red shirt, put away your phone!" "Uh, I'll have to call yeh back..."

EDIT: I completely forgot about a Delirium problem too. I had the same problem as Oldiesmann. Thanks for reminding me!

Edited by TheCrypt

• 1 month later...

Not at KI, but I got stuck briefly on the Spiderman ride at IOA three times a couple weeks ago. The first time, the ride stopped for a minute or two as my vehicle was in line to unload. The next day, in one of the final scenes, the ride just stopped, the video kept going and the effect was lost. After a few seconds, they got it going again, but we had no sound for most of the rest of the ride, which stopped for a second or two here and there. As we got off, they offered us an immediate re-ride, which I took, only to have the ride encounter similar problems in nearly the same spot. We were offered yet another re-ride, but I didn't take it this time.

I got stuck on The Beast twice in one ride. It was pretty cool. It was on the second lift hill right at the top. It was a great veiw. You could see the main lift hill, diamond back, some of racer, wind seeker, eifle tower, Firehawk, FOF, and SOB. We were up there for a good 30-ish minutes. Then some people came up to check on us, then we got going again through the 560 degree helix, then we got stuck on the brake run(10-ish minutes?). Pretty cool.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On July 4th, my boyfriend and I thought we were going to luck out and get to watch the fireworks go off while riding Invertigo. Instead we got stuck in the station because someone went into a restricted zone and the ride had to be shut down. They couldn't get the ride to reboot (or do whatever they do) properly to even let us off. They eventually had to manually release us.

Fun Times! :D

• Like 2

Yesterday on Flying Ace was the first time I have ever gotten stopped on a coaster. Some person in Row 4 had their legs up on the setback in front of them. The Ride Op rated them out when he asked "Riders, how was your ride?" and I replied "Great till you stopped us on the lift hill" and he came back about how if people would obey rules in row 4 and keep their legs down.

Thought it was rather funny...they got quickly off the ride and ran for the hills afterwards.

I'm not classifying this as stuck but during one of my August visits the chain lift on top gun suddenly stop. Not slow down then continued I mean completely stopped. It was maybe a minute and a half later when the ride operator said "Sorry for the wait guys, we will start the lift shortly" I think the other train didn't release from the breaks and got out of it quick enough for the block segment to deactivate.

WELL. You know how Diamondback's lap bar snaps down in different notches. Once at the top of the hill my lap bar loosened a notch. Thought i was gonna die. I figure if it did that for someone who already had it loose it could get pretty bad.