Flight of Fear Line

CedarPointer

The last few times I've waited in line for FoF, it seems like they try to fill the outdoor queue area before they even attempt to open the indoor ones. Is there a reason for this? It seems like people would prefer to wait in the air conditioned building with the video playing rather than outside. It just seems weird to me, and I never really noticed it before this season.

• Like 2

I was told by a supervisor (sketchy, I know) that the reason they do this is so that employees can more easily monitor the guests. She said that there were too many disturbances (fights, line-jumping, etc...) inside of the building, and it was difficult to handle the situations well because there were so many people in such a compacted area. They have an employee sitting outside, and they can monitor more people if they are outdoors.

• Like 4

I would prefer that they fill the inside queues first. Currently, if I see a line outside, I do not know whether the inside queues are be used and cannot get inside to see without waiting in line. Therefore, I cannot determine the wait time (since I never trust wait time signs) and am less likely to want to get in line in the first place. This is why I rarely ride FOF. However, if they were to fill the inside queues first and I saw no line outside, I could easily walk up to the hanger, see how many people are waiting in there, determine the wait time, and make a decision as to whether I want to ride it at that time.

The key here is that they would have to be consistent with filling the inside first, otherwise we're back to the guessing game that I'm usually not interested in playing.

• Like 2

I prefer the outside filled first, because I can judge the wait. Also, just ask the Ride Op outside. They're always happy to help!

How? Especially when you, remember, cannot tell from the entrance whether the inside queues are being used. And as for asking the ride op, I've found that sometimes they can be less than accurate as well. I trust only my own judgment when it comes to estimating wait times.

....WHAT?!?! LIES. you're lying and I don't like it. Then how do you explain that trip they take us on? To the Outer Li-[removed due to Viacom rights] -light of Fear?! It's a real UFO! It just hasta!

The same way Disney can send you to space or turn you into a test dummy, or how KI used to be able to take you to Bikini Bottom.

^^^^ and ^^^^^ It would astonish you how much of that conversation I heard last week when trying to convince my friend, a Six Flags St. Louis regular on her first KI visit, that that was the case. She was at a loss for where the coaster was located until she finally saw herself in the mirror. (She was also mesmerized by the British Invasion show... Apparently they don't do live shows at Six Flags?)

I have asked the ride-ops this once. It is because they want to know a good estimate of how long the line is by seeing how many people are in line outside so that the line attendant knows how long the line is for people entering the line.

No. It's because they want to make the line appear longer than it is so that they can sell more Fast Lane passes!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is it, but at Cedar Point back in the 90s, they'd pack all 3 rooms of Disaster Transport in the air conditioning. Then, this suddenly changed one year. They only allowed a single turnstile open through all the rooms, and a big long line formed in temporary turnstiles out of the building. It was reported by many employees that they changed to this style for fire safety reasons.

So, this could possibly be the same situation with Flight of Fear at Kings Island?

• Like 1

They completely changed the entrance location of Disaster Transport when they removed Pharro's Tomb haunt and put in Happy Jack's Toy Factory. Pharro's Tomb could be taken down each off season leaving DT's line unharmed. Happy Jack's props and decor were permanent... Well, up until this year. :)

I'm not sure if this is it, but at Cedar Point back in the 90s, they'd pack all 3 rooms of Disaster Transport in the air conditioning. Then, this suddenly changed one year. They only allowed a single turnstile open through all the rooms, and a big long line formed in temporary turnstiles out of the building. It was reported by many employees that they changed to this style for fire safety reasons.

So, this could possibly be the same situation with Flight of Fear at Kings Island?

That might be true. But it's hard to tell. The state changes the building codes, fire codes and other stuff almost every year it seems like. Lol.