Best PR Job?

jdawg1998

I've always wanted to be a PR Manager and I love checking out amusement parks' (and some other places) PR. Specifically what they do on Facebook, YouTube, etc.

Who do you think has the best PR? (you don't have to answer...Don is on these forums!)

I would say Holiday World (Paula) because they post a lot of YouTube videos, they keep in touch with everyone very easily (they replied to one of my YouTube comments within 30 minutes of posting).

• Like 1

PR is actually what I am majoring in! And I am hoping to be the amusement industry!

Kings Island has a great PR team, Carowinds is also one of my favorites. Holiday World's Paula is good at what she does for sure, but I feel like she caters more to enthusiasts where as Don and KI cater to everyone by hosting many different events!

I enjoy the videos Don and the rest of KI's PR team makes for various purposes, like the Dinosaurs Alive teasers, the Haunt job advertisements, and yes, even KI Enthusiast Guy.

I'm also a big fan of the PR for Holiday World, Cedar Point (especially Tony and Tyler, though Becca's doing very well), and Kennywood.

I think you are underestimating the work by focusing on the social media (Facebook and YouTube) aspects.

I'll state that I'm impressed by the job that is done at both KI and HW from a PR perspective across many media formats.

- KI seems to show up in a newspaper article, news report, magazine, school/local event,side of a bus, etc. constantly especially in SW Ohio, but also other part of the state/country.

- KI has taken huge steps forward in the social media and web realm over the past few seasons where it used to lag behind a little in my opinion

- HW has been a strong social media player for a few years, but also seems to be running an interview for a regional market news show almost daily at the start of each operating season.

Bottom line, both parks seem to have very good relationships and images with enthusiasts, the general public, media outlets, and the communities in which they operate. That points to a job well done.

• Like 1

Cedar Point had a good one until Tony Clark left. Now, Becca is kind of non-existent. Tony's blog posts were almost novels, and he truely was a coaster nerd like all of us and it showed. There was great info shared in entertaining ways. Now, Becca posts about five lines of stuff people already know and maybe, if we are lucky, throws in a few pictures.

Currently I think the Busch Gardens' teams are doing a fantastic job. All of the promotional videos for Verbolton and Cheetah Hunt were great.

• Like 1

Makings videos, and posting things to certain websites, makes you feel like you are a PR at times! I would say that Don is doing a great job, and HW has done alot of great things for the public eye.

I think you are underestimating the work by focusing on the social media (Facebook and YouTube) aspects.

I'll state that I'm impressed by the job that is done at both KI and HW from a PR perspective across many media formats.

- KI seems to show up in a newspaper article, news report, magazine, school/local event,side of a bus, etc. constantly especially in SW Ohio, but also other part of the state/country.

- KI has taken huge steps forward in the social media and web realm over the past few seasons where it used to lag behind a little in my opinion

- HW has been a strong social media player for a few years, but also seems to be running an interview for a regional market news show almost daily at the start of each operating season.

Bottom line, both parks seem to have very good relationships and images with enthusiasts, the general public, media outlets, and the communities in which they operate. That points to a job well done.

I know they do a lot more than Facebook and YouTube, but I like to see good communication on social networks and that decided who I chose.

I think you are underestimating the work by focusing on the social media (Facebook and YouTube) aspects. I'll state that I'm impressed by the job that is done at both KI and HW from a PR perspective across many media formats. - KI seems to show up in a newspaper article, news report, magazine, school/local event,side of a bus, etc. constantly especially in SW Ohio, but also other part of the state/country. - KI has taken huge steps forward in the social media and web realm over the past few seasons where it used to lag behind a little in my opinion - HW has been a strong social media player for a few years, but also seems to be running an interview for a regional market news show almost daily at the start of each operating season. Bottom line, both parks seem to have very good relationships and images with enthusiasts, the general public, media outlets, and the communities in which they operate. That points to a job well done.

Yes there is a lot of work in PR, as I learned quickly when I switched to PR.

I think you are underestimating the work by focusing on the social media (Facebook and YouTube) aspects. I'll state that I'm impressed by the job that is done at both KI and HW from a PR perspective across many media formats. - KI seems to show up in a newspaper article, news report, magazine, school/local event,side of a bus, etc. constantly especially in SW Ohio, but also other part of the state/country. - KI has taken huge steps forward in the social media and web realm over the past few seasons where it used to lag behind a little in my opinion - HW has been a strong social media player for a few years, but also seems to be running an interview for a regional market news show almost daily at the start of each operating season. Bottom line, both parks seem to have very good relationships and images with enthusiasts, the general public, media outlets, and the communities in which they operate. That points to a job well done.
I know they do a lot more than Facebook and YouTube, but I like to see good communication on social networks and that decided who I chose.

Thing to remember about pr is what it stands for Public Relations, i.e. relationships with publics.

“Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics.”

http://prdefinition.prsa.org/

Also I find this article helpful.

Anyway… From my time in public relations this ignorance was a constant educational battle. Less enlightened clients often saw PR as press releases and news clippings. By seeing only tools you miss what it can really build.

http://stevefarnsworth.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/what-is-the-biggest-mistake-companies-make-with-their-social-media-strategy/

Social media is a fantastic tool for PR practitioners but it is not our only tool.

• Like 1