Fast Lane Price Raise?

Jdub2012

Fast Lane is definitely too underpriced. I guess that's not what people on Facebook think. So many people think it's too expensive. Um, you get to ride almost every major ride in the park with a 5-10 minute wait compared to an hour (you also get to ride these over and over again, unlike Universal's Express Pass).

• Like 1

Fast Lane is definitely too underpriced. I guess that's not what people on Facebook think. So many people think it's too expensive.

What?? People want something for practically free?? NOOOOOOOOOO.............................

KI's FB wall cracks me up.

• Like 4

Cedar Fair is being greedy by raising the prices when they could just keep the price at a solid 50 for every park and just sell less. Duh, its a business, but they are giving me the "greedy" impression by raising the price.

It's not greedy. It's your choice to buy it. If it's too expensive you don't have to buy it.

Being greedy would be making you pay $12 for a locker!

• Like 2

Cedar Fair is being greedy by raising the prices when they could just keep the price at a solid 50 for every park and just sell less. Duh, its a business, but they are giving me the "greedy" impression by raising the price.

It's not greedy. It's your choice to buy it. If it's too expensive you don't have to buy it.

So true. But who will be the voice on this board that says "You don't NEED to buy a locker."

So true. But who will be the voice on this board that says "You don't NEED to buy a locker."

Me.

I don't need a locker. I keep my items in the car. Back in the 80's, we didn't have all the crap "needed" today.

KI's locker price is comparable to purchasing a beer at a sporting event. It's not expensive at the stadium due to pure greed, it's expensive because they don't want you drink excessively.

KI's intention is similar. You are encouraged to not bring items (i.e. cell phone, iPod, duffel bag, carry-on suitcase etc.) as these items only cause issues for you & the park. But, if you need to have it with you, this is the price you are gonna pay.

From KI's 2012 Guest Assistance Guide:

Attention Riders: Due to the nature of our rides, backpacks, purses, electronics, stuffed animals and other loose items are not permitted on most rides. Glasses must be secured. Smaller items may be secured in cargo pockets, waist packs, left in a locker or with a non-rider. Kings Island is not responsible for lost items.

http://www.visitking...nce%20Guide.pdf

Cedar Fair is starting to realize that they initially underpriced the Fast Lane pass at most of their parks. They have also come around to decentralizing their price structure so that the individual parks have different price points. I never did understand what Cedar Fair was thinking when the price of a Fast Lane pass at Cedar Point was the same as Worlds of Fun at the start of the season.

Raising the Fast Lane prices at the bigger parks makes sense for everyone involved. Fewer people will likely be purchasing the passes, which means fewer people in the Fast Lane line which is good for two reasons: (1) fewer people in the Fast Lane lines means speedier standby waits and (2) fewer people in the Fast Lane line means shorter Fast Lane lines for those with the access. If you're in the original posters shoes it's unfortunate but the reality is that, IMO, it's beneficial for all parties.

• Like 1

From what I've witnessed at the park this season, the only time I'd invest in a FL is on a Saturday. During the week and on Sundays (esp sun morn-mid afternoon) my waits have been minimal if at all.

Hmmm, let's see if I understand this correctly. I WORK so I can't go to KI during off peak times. On the weekends and some evenings, I have seen that the park has had parking over the hill in the north lot. Hey, I'm glad they're doing so well. But the cost of admission, putting up with the crowds (mostly teens who can't even watch where they're going because they're so absorbed in that useless cell phone and those darn basketballs) well, I guess I've become too old for all this. If it's going to take that plus having to shell out half a hundred to avoid that nonsense, its just not worth it. I have a pass and have only been I think 3 times this season. I also live nearly an hour away now, and going to an environment similar to work just doesn't appeal to me. More power to ya if you have the money to blow on it. My trips in the future are probably going to be once maybe twice a year. I wish money didn't rule everything out there.

• Like 2

Hmmm, let's see if I understand this correctly. I WORK so I can't go to KI during off peak times. On the weekends and some evenings, I have seen that the park has had parking over the hill in the north lot. Hey, I'm glad they're doing so well. But the cost of admission, putting up with the crowds (mostly teens who can't even watch where they're going because they're so absorbed in that useless cell phone and those darn basketballs) well, I guess I've become too old for all this. If it's going to take that plus having to shell out half a hundred to avoid that nonsense, its just not worth it. I have a pass and have only been I think 3 times this season. I also live nearly an hour away now, and going to an environment similar to work just doesn't appeal to me. More power to ya if you have the money to blow on it. My trips in the future are probably going to be once maybe twice a year. I wish money didn't rule everything out there.

U mad bro?

Be glad you can at least go to the park. I know friends that can't afford to go to the park once. Geesh, KI won't miss your business.

^ First of all, she's not a bro. Secondly, I agree - you've got to be rich to ENJOY the day at the park when it's jammed. Just not fair. Money is tight for a lot of people and we get season passes for entertainment use - we can't afford cable/dish so we spend our hard earned money at KI. Why should we have to pay extra for anything? I honestly think the fast pass is a bunch of crap and I wish parks would have never started them!

• Like 1

"U mad bro" is a phrase, not sure where it started but I assume the Interwebz.

On to your second point, if you don't like it don't go and save the money on the passes. It's perfectly alright for someone to spend their money the way they wish. I bought my express passes at Universal, and you know what I didn't feel bad at all. I even let the commoners waiting in line kiss my feet as I walked by for I was that nice. I am too of an important person to wait in such lines with the filthy common people of the world, I have blue blood after all.

:rolleyes:

U mad bro?

Be glad you can at least go to the park. I know friends that can't afford to go to the park once. Geesh, KI won't miss your business.

Of course they won't. Life goes on. When you're on your own, you will understand.

• Like 1