Comments posted on KI's Facebook page

Browntggrr

Since I am not the only one that creeps on KI's FB page to get a laugh (or stir the pot :rolleyes: ), I believe a topic should be made for the best of the worst off the wall comments.

Mr. Bruno! Stop trolling the unknown public people! bahahahah xD it is making my day though.

Okay this one is my favorite and I had to say, "what the hell do you think they do in the winter months" :

"I know.,, it's sad.. They just need to close the park down one season and fix EVERYTHING (even if nothing is wrong) they should make sure it's all perfect ! Yess I understand that they're machines and they may break down sometimes. Or something but it wouldn't hurt to just take a season to make everything perfect and have them almost sure nothing will happen... And since they're machines they could need a. Slight repair at times,. But it don't hurt to try.(:"

Haha, because shutting down the park for an entire season would definitely make people much happier.

My favorites:

"Is there still the red and blue racers?" (Voicetek beat me too it, but seriously people are posting on Facebook, so they have internet, why don't they just check the website)

"Firehawk stole my keys and they won't give them back!!!!"

"Kings Island should do a better job about the so called dress code... if a boy/guy cant walk around without a shirt on then a girl/woman shouldnt be allowed either..The only difference is one has boobs. Really now whats the difference???????????

A reply to this: "Agreed!!!!! Dress code clearly states that shirts /shorts/pants - clothes! must be worn. Yet you see girls/women walking around in their bikini tops flaunting their stuff/gut and being allowed to get on rides like that too. Not sure what's happened, but the employees and management this year are not as customer oriented this year at all. Guess they don't realize that we are who fund their paychecks!"

Final one for now:

Just curious, why do you guys change the names of the rides so many times?? Been coming there for bout 32 years and have seen that happen just about every year?

Reply: well what is now called the wind seeker has been changed after is was bought out, and the use to be drop zone has been changed after and b4 and that is just a couple, i no when they sold out they would change some of the names, but really don't matter to me , I love Kings Island, and always will gonna be there hopefully in the next two weeks.

• Like 4

This was a classic questions posted just a little while ago:

"Do we need to bring our own towels for Soak City?"

What do they think, Kings Island just passes out free towels? I guess they wouldn't HAVE to bring a towel. They could just stand there and let the sun dry them :rolleyes:

Cedar Fair would be happy to let them pay many nickels to use a Family Drier, I'm quiet sure.

This was on Cedar Point's, regarding Space Spiral:

Not everyone can go on rollercoasters ya know. It's nice for seniors to be able to ride something that high for a few moments. Shame on you. Is someone trying to hang on to their job by suggesting just a outrageous idea?

"Im going to Fear Fest in 2012"

My reaction Wait, you have a time machine?

A bit of reactions to other posts,

Towels: Funny story, Disney gives their guests at the Y&BC Resort towels to use

The Village, If you ever have noticed, the things look like "Beasts" so the SOB could be, (a speed marker should be posted here-> 0-SOB in 38 posts or less)

This was on Cedar Point's, regarding Space Spiral:

Not everyone can go on rollercoasters ya know. It's nice for seniors to be able to ride something that high for a few moments. Shame on you. Is someone trying to hang on to their job by suggesting just a outrageous idea?

They couldn't ride it anyways because it's always broken, silly GP.

So you guys need to check out this argument on Holiday World's Facebook. It's not too far down...it's about the policy of not bringing phones on rides, and these two guys are the worst...hopefully everyone here sides with Holiday World.

(Im not quoting anything - it's much too long of an argument!)

^ I can't find it after looking through their page for a few minutes. Can you link it? You can click the timestamp of the main post (not a comment) to get a page with just that post and it's comment thread, from where you can copy/paste the URL into here.

^ It must have been deleted.

In a nutshell: guest used cell on Voyage. Ride op confronted guest and explained cell phones are not permitted on Voyage & free lockers are available. Guest did not like being confronted & accused ride op of harassment. Guest felt compelled to post this on FB. HW answered guest in a black & white tone that it is policy on signage, loudspeaker & website. Guest did not like response. HW responded that safety is priority and there is no leeway. Guest & others accused HW FB response to be unprofessional.

• Like 2

^ Which is EXACTLY what HW mentioned. They even gave other examples of cameras & phones found at the bottom of Voyage- all broken.

That quickly turned into accusations of employee harassment & unprofessionalism since the guest "didn't know" the policies and since it wasn't a looping coaster it should not be a policy.

I mean, if Holiday World wants to make Voyage into a looping coaster, I'm pretty sure I'd be okay with that. ;)

(Just kidding... somewhat. For some reason, I've always thought a loop seemed like a natural progression between the ride's final two "crossovers"--there'd be the same leap over the lift, then a loop starting at the current tunnel elevation and encircling the ride's entrance, then essentially the same leap over the second brake run/transfer track. It's a stretch, but... I don't know. It's a random thought that hit me once, and it just stuck with me. Imagine entering the queue, and just before the line enters the building, the roar of the train rushes up and around you. It'd be a unique photo opportunity, and it'd give The Voyage another record. That's ignoring PTC's and TGG's say on the matter, of course.)

Random thoughts aside, I have a hard time reading just about any amusement park- or roller coaster-related Facebook page anymore. People are going to share their gripes, which is fine, as long as there are positives mixed in there, too. Both Cedar Point's and (especially) Kings Island's Facebook pages, once structured like that, have devolved into a guest competition to see who can most hurtfully use the phrases "the worst visit I've ever had to the park" and "never wasting another dollar with you" (or some other variant), among others. Holiday World's page inexplicably (to me) doesn't seem to have this problem. Nor do Kings Dominion's, Conneaut Lake Park's, Dollywood's, Waldameer's, or even some Six Flags'. Kennywood's page occasionally has this, but it's never to KI's concentration.

And that's kind of a mystery to me, because, at least to me, it doesn't feel like Kings Island does things anywhere nearly as poorly as people try to say. They have their pluses and minuses (as does any park), but they're at least decent in most aspects, save for the horrible luck they seem to be having with ride breakdowns this year. I actually think the park excels in areas like operations, and the staff friendliness has noticeably increased from last year, at least in my experiences.* It just seems like you could do a lot worse than Kings Island. Am I being an overly supportive fanboy, or is it just the clientele the park attracts?

And don't even get me started on the "Save Son of Beast" page.

*On hot days, employees have actually finished interactions by smiling and saying something to the effect of "Stay cool out there!" Maybe it's just been luck of the draw, but I've had more memorably friendly experiences with staff than in previous years, when I got an eye roll for ordering fries. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have had run-ins with employees at: Disney, BGW, & CP.

The Disney incident still ruffles my feathers.

We were on our honeymoon & stayed at Port Orleans. The we were waiting for the pontoon ferry to take us to DTD. When one arrived, the "captain" asked us where we were going. I said DTD, and she snapped "I'm not going there!". Which was no big deal as we had two weeks & didn't mind seeing (at that time) Dixie Landings. When I said that, she snapped back "That's too bad, you will have to wait.". I actually laughed, and looked at my wife with the " did that just happen" look.

After explaining this to the hotel manager, he apologized profusely, mentioned he has had issues with this particular captain, and gave us our own pontoon to use for 2 hours. We were happy & impressed.

Whew.... anyway, when a guest has an issue, take it to GR, specifically a manager- not to a forum or FB when it will not be solved in a timely manner.

• Like 2

I have found that one can use Facebook to obtain a response from a tourism industry company when no other avenue seemed to be working, however, it is all about how you present yourself, the cause of the frustration, and the approach you take to the situation.

In the HW example, it was a rant on top of the complaint filed at he park. It reeked of a guest wanting something for free and not being happy that they weren't getting it,then getting even more upset when they were reminded that the problem occurred because they broke a rule.

If you are truly wronged, working with GR and asking for a manager if necessary is the right approach. If not satisfied, you can try letters/Facebook, but be professional about it. None of this matters though if you are just whining that you don't like some rule that the park has.

Most people who post on a companies facebook page act way to crazy anymore. Most say stuff that isn't true to get someone fired, or they try to start something with someone. I have also seen this a million times in guest services at the themeparks i been to as well. Most go after people because of what they believe in or who they voted for too. And it gets worse when Spirit Song is going on. I have told alot of people that how you act online is how people will see you in real life. Most of the time, that is true. I have seen people post stuff about the guest's who come into the store they work or a nurse makes fun of a person because he or she needs to this or that. That is how you get fired. I know a person posted bad stuff on here about Kings Island. That ended up costing him his job in the coaster club he was in. On the HW thing, if the guests take the issue to court, then they will lose. I have had to say something to people who has had either a cell phone or a camera on a roller coaster while it was going. A few of them were kicked out of the parks. When the rules say something, then you need to obey them.

• Like 1

This is now my favorite OF ALL TIME:

Is KI on the same time as Indianapolis? We're coming on Friday & want to get there when it opens:)

Is Magic Mountain on the same time zone as Mountain time? Im coming from the Denver Area and want to get there when it opens :) last time I was that far west I could of sworn I was on Pacific Time not Mountain time ;).

Is KI on the same time as Indianapolis? We're coming on Friday & want to get there when it opens:)

Is Magic Mountain on the same time zone as Mountain time? Im coming from the Denver Area and want to get there when it opens :) last time I was that far west I could of sworn I was on Pacific Time not Mountain time ;).

No Magic Mountain is suprisingly not on Mountain time. It is actually on ground level time.

Facebook is a self serving, ego fueling, privacy invading, waste of brain cells that could be put to better uses like watching grass grow or wood rot. I'm proud to say I've never posted or looked at anything on Facebook.

Sounds like the level of discussion on the KI Facebook page lives up to my expectations.

That's what I thought too... until I launched a podcast magazine promoting good things in my home town. Believe it or not, Facebook is an incredible business tool and social media is the future of marketing.

To be fair, many of your comments could easily be applied to people posting in a forum about amusement parks.

• Like 1

Indiana didn't set clocks ahead for daylight saving time until several years ago so Indianapolis used to be an hour behind in the summer.
  • Like 3

"Im going to Fear Fest in 2012"

My reaction Wait, you have a time machine?

It wouldn't matter if they had a time machine. They can't go to Fear Fest in 2012 because the time machine would take them back to a year in between 2000-2007, when it was actually called Fear Fest.