Comments posted on KI's Facebook page

Browntggrr

New favorite goes to the poster complaining about taking down SoB since it still holds records - suggesting instead that if anything should be removed it should be The Beast since it is so old - hmmmmm

I guess that person doesn't appreciate The Beast for what it actually is, A monster of a ride, and one of the Best wooden roller coasters ever built. Its age hasn't effected it because Kings Island has replaced sections of track and fixed places in the track so that age wouldn't effect the ride expirience. Last year in 2011 The Beast was getting a little bit rough but Kings Island did some off season track work and this year its as smooth as ever. I plan on being at Kings Island for The Beast's 50th birthday. I think that The Beast will be operating for a long time to come and its no where near old yet. :)

• Like 2

"Kings Island just lost me as a customer. After 2012, I will not buy a pass and I will not step another foot into Kings Islands grounds."

From save Son of Beast page.

Honestly, if the ride meant so much to them, why did they still attend the park while the ride was SBNO?

Here's one from the park's "Son of Beast being removed" Facebook page:

"The first rollercoaster I ever rode (when it was Scooby) don't even wanna admit how long ago that was....."

This is... ridiculous.

On the list of comments under the annocement that SOB will be removed:

Hey everyone whining about this, theyre building a new version of it in 2015. It will be wooden as well. My friend that works at Kings Island heard they might use the Son of Beast wood to recreate it. So stop whining, itll be back

I would be certain that KI would never build a similar coaster. I almost doubt a wooden coaster too. Just purely based on how stupid people are. I can clearly see people commenting on a wooden coaster going "Hey is that the SOB?" blah, blah, blah

But who knows KI might go the cheap route (again) and build a woodie using the SOB wood... Hopefully they learned their lesson about the bottom dollar instead of a quality product.

Hi everyone, I'm a lurker & had to join/post today after seeing this on the FB page:

"Just wanted anyone and everyone that looks on this page to see this.My son worked and bought A Pass for Kings Island he has asperger"s which is a form of AUTISM this is his first year going.He only got to go a few times then had a four wheeler accident that broke his leg he had seven fractures and went through a three hour surgery and had two different three day stays at Cincinnati children s and he is looking at months of recovery so there for will not be able to use his pass so i decide to call Kings Island and ask is there anything you can do or maybe renew his pass for next year.The lady gets back on the phone and say"s sorry tickets are none refundable you can purchase a new one!I said so you could care less about a kid with AUTISM.UNBELIEVABLE!"

My son is on the spectrum (Pervasive Developmental Disorder) and I have NEVER thrown around "autism" to try and get anything, and it really irks me when other parents do this. He used his pass "a few times" so I have to side with KI on this one. If he had never used it I could see them maybe being nice and issuing one for next year, but certainly not because he has high functioning autism.

• Like 5

^ That is sad.

The child's condition has nothing to do with KI's decision not to refund the pass.

Also- the kid is gonna be itchin' to get out of the house. A nice day trip to KI just to take in some shows, or even "people watch" would be healthy for him.

Now here is my question- why allow the child on a 4 wheeler if his condition is so bad, you are using it as an excuse to be pi$$ed at KI?

- Brown. Whose daughter also has been diagnosed with autism, and refuses to give her (or let anyone) "special" treatment because if you give them the excuse, you bet they'll use it.

• Like 9

^ That is sad.

The child's condition has nothing to do with KI's decision not to refund the pass.

Also- the kid is gonna be itchin' to get out of the house. A nice day trip to KI just to take in some shows, or even "people watch" would be healthy for him.

Now here is my question- why allow the child on a 4 wheeler if his condition is so bad, you are using it as an excuse to be pi$$ed at KI?

- Brown. Whose daughter also has been diagnosed with autism, and refuses to give her (or let anyone) "special" treatment because if you give them the excuse, you bet they'll use it.

To answer your question, it's because some people think they're special.

As someone who has Asperger's myself, that sickens me. I would NEVER throw my condition around in an attempt to get things like that. And if he used it "a few times", then it paid for itself, so I fully side with the park on this one. If it had not been used at all, then I could see contacting the park to see if they would change it into a pass for next year or give a discount on a next year pass, but certainly not after it's been used in the current season.

• Like 4

Can someone please tell me why everyone is so upset about Fast Lane, calling it greedy, unfair, and for "rich" people? I see it all time on Cedar Point's Facebook (not so much on Kings Island); but the comments go like, "It's unfair! Let rich people get in front of other people!" etc.; every other park chain has it. I don't get it. (This has been discussed much before but I just noticed it being complained about on Facebook).

A couple of points - the biggest complaints with Fast Lane are because it is new and different. When it is an established system the complaints will die down. Paying more gets you more a lot of places in the country: Want to go to California - you have options including:

- Don't go because you can't afford it

- Take buses and trains

- Drive

- Fly coach class

- Fly first class

- Fly a private jet

Each of these has a different cost/benefit equation like the following for amusement parks

- Don't go

- Go on a discount ticket (busy company party Saturday perhaps)

- Buy a ticket

- Buy Fast Lane

- Buy a VIP tour

We each can make our own choice

As for FB comments - today on a Beast picture, someone proudly stated that they first rode it in 1978!

• Like 3

I just don't get why some believe FL is for the rich.

Just yesterday, the first of the month, my daughter noticed another girl ahead of us in line at the grocery store. The girl was playing on an iPhone- something my daughter wants (which she will not get, even when she turns 13 and we allow her to have a cell).

"Dad, look at all those steaks & crab legs- and she has an iPhone. They must be rich."

"Yeah."

I then notice mom pays with the Access Card.

*sigh*

Now, I have no problem with helping those that need it as things were rough for my family some years ago. I DO believe certain criteria should be met to receive help (i.e.: random drug test, actively searching for a job, in school with passing grades, etc.)

My long and winded point is: choosing FL does not make you rich. It means you chose to spend extra money because in your mind it will make your day more enjoyable. I only hope those that do choose it, are not doing it for show, and can afford it without skipping out on necessary bills.

• Like 5

^^ I don't get why you would get banned for saying that.

SoB has to rank near the top in all-time amusement ride failures.

-and-

It can reasonably debated that it was not CF's failure.

meh. If he doesn't get back to you, or doesn't let you back in, we will start a FB protest page to make them let you back in! ;)

• Like 4

Lots of users think they can post anything they like on Facebook, regardless if they are true or not or feel like they need to rant over and over. I will delete anything or ban any user from my FB page if I do not like what they have posted, it is after all, my personal page. The same thing applies to Kings Island's Facebook page or any page that a commercial enterprise creates as a marketing tool for their company.

• Like 1

This message is for Don.

Now that you guys have made a decision about SOB can I please be allowed to post on the Facebook webpage again?

-Jon Green (Wrongfully banned for saying SOB was a mistake)

Why not just send him a PM to his KIC account?

Jon - a little advice (if you choose to accept it). I'd be surprised if you were banned for one comment saying "SoB was a mistake". Also, Why should KI making a decision on SoB cause your banning to be overturned?

Maybe the best bet would be to PM or email Don, but do so with a little bit of respect (saying I was wrongfully banned isn't the right approach as obviously they felt it was correct) - I'd go with a more conciliatory or even apologetic approach along the lines of: As a huge fan of Kings Island I'm disappointed that my prior posts about SoB led to me being banned from your FB page. I can understand how they were (insensitive/ inflammatory/ uncalled for - I don't know what was said but assume something fits), but think that I have grown from the experience and would appreciate you giving me another chance.

Also be prepared that you may not get the answer you want. Even in that scenario, it is important to remain respectful with a thanks for considering response - anything else would prove them right in not giving you the second chance.

• Like 1

^^^I was posting this as a joke. I could care less if I write on their facebook page...

They made their point when they banned me for saying they wasted money on SOB and the Crypt. I said it politely without curse words.

I pointed out the fact that they could of had Intimidator 305, Sheikra, The Legend, and Ravine Flyer II for the money they wasted on those two gimmick rides that they ultimately "rented" for barely 9 years.

The funny thing about it is they banned me after two comments (which were posted on different days) yet a couple of months later they admit (by tearing down both rides) that they were wrong. It's not my money they wasted so it doesn't bother me! They have to live with the fact that they blew $50,000,000 in a down economy on two piece of crap rides....

@Brwntggr Yeah I'm not sure why I got banned but I guess the truth hurts though and apparently it was bad press for the park(???) so I got the snip.

• Like 2

^^^I was posting this as a joke. I could care less if I write on their facebook page...

They made their point when they banned me for saying they wasted money on SOB and the Crypt. I said it politely without curse words.

I pointed out the fact that they could of had Intimidator 305, Sheikra, The Legend, and Ravine Flyer II for the money they wasted on those two gimmick rides that they ultimately "rented" for barely 9 years.

The funny thing about it is they banned me after two comments (which were posted on different days) yet a couple of months later they admit (by tearing down both rides) that they were wrong. It's not my money they wasted so it doesn't bother me! They have to live with the fact that they blew $50,000,000 in a down economy on two piece of crap rides....

@Brwntggr Yeah I'm not sure why I got banned but I guess the truth hurts though and apparently it was bad press for the park(???) so I got the snip.

Hey now. The park tried to save both rides and increase ridership. It's not Cedar Fair's "fault", but Paramount's (if you feel you MUST force blame upon someone). Just because you leave curse words out of it, doesn't mean it can't be mean. In my opinion, you should have been banned.

The park tried. And that's all that matters.

• Like 1

If you come into my house and speak bad about me, with or without curse words, then I will show you the door and tell you not to come back. My father once bought a car that he thought would be great but it turned out to be a bad lemon. You do not know until some time after you buy it and put it through its paces. It was the same with SOB and The Crypt. When I rode The Crypt in 2005, I thought it was very good and had great sound effects, all before you got into the ride itself. There are some rides that the parks thought would be great but turns out not to be the case. But don't come into a person's house and harp on them that they just wasted money when you do not know everything they have done prior to them admitting it was not what they thought it was. You deserved to be banned.

• Like 5

Don't get upset KI fanboys.

It's fine they made mistakes. And yes it was paramount's fault.

But they (CF) knew what they were getting when they walked into the situation.

Believe it or not KI isn't even the best park in the state, let alone in the midwest. They aren't perfect and when they aren't I do have the right to call them out on it. Just because you like a park doesn't mean they are immune to criticism and can do no wrong.

Like i said I don't care (TERPY!!! :) ) that I was banned from writing on their Facebook page. The page is pretty useless anyways (just look at some of the comments in this forum about the page). Just pointing out here, that I was right and they banned me for a silly reason (calling them out on a mistake).

I accept their "punishment."

End of story. :ph34r: