Comments posted on KI's Facebook page

Browntggrr

Another classic from the CP page:

My visit on Aug 1 was ruined when my fiance and I got covered in gnats while riding the Millinium Force. Apparently no one reads the customer service emails, so let's see if anyone reads their facebook posts. Im certain that we were not the only park visitors to experience this horror without warning..............................

I want to know what they expect Cedar Point to do about that. I find it part of the fun of riding Milly.

Speaking of video effects, do you ever see how the spokes on a wheel appears to stand still when a strobe light is shined on them? I wonder if anybody ever tried to stick their hand in between the spokes as the appear to be stopped? You know someone would be stupid enough to try it?

I love going to Kings Island and taking my family here. I have always brought in a small cooler/lunch bag for the last 3 seasons and have never been asked to take it back out to my car. Until yesterday. How many of you have ever brought in a small cooler/lunch bag into the park? They claim it is their policy to NEVER allow it into their parks. This is the first time that I have ever had this issue.

*sigh*

• Like 2

I love going to Kings Island and taking my family here. I have always brought in a small cooler/lunch bag for the last 3 seasons and have never been asked to take it back out to my car. Until yesterday. How many of you have ever brought in a small cooler/lunch bag into the park? They claim it is their policy to NEVER allow it into their parks. This is the first time that I have ever had this issue.

*sigh*

Haha, that actually has always been a rule. Someone needs to reply to them and say that.

^ We did:

From KI:

It states on our website in the FAQ section that no outside food and beverages may be brought into the park.

Her Response:

Doesn't matter. There were all kinds of people that had it in the park. I saw three people had it through the front gates AFTER I complained. I have done it for 3 seasons. Still not happy. I have posted on other sites.

Many others have told her it has been a policy for some time.

Her response:

Here is my issue: if you have a policy, implement it at the beginning of the season, keep it consistant EVERY day that the park is open, ensure every person is being checked that is coming through the gates regardless of who it is anf how busy the park is. If not, you can start running into some legal/discrimination issues. Bottom line, if I was told that 3 seasons ago and was stopped all the other hundreds of times I went through there, among all others that do it, then I would not say a word. That is because they are doing it consistantly. How many times this season have your bags been randomly checked? I count none. I have been at least 2 times each week, different days, that the park has been open. I like how the manager at the guest services told me I could put bottles of water in my purse if I needed to. As long as they dont see it. So isnt that the same thing?

Well, I mean she DOES have a point. I know it has been a rule for several years ( I seem to remember them actually allowing coolers in the mid 90s because I remember eating in the picnic area by Swan Lake. ) They need to enforce it consistently. How do some people make it in with huge coolers, and other people can't make it in with little ones? It doesn't really make sense

KI allows coolers for those with medical needs. Performers that are not KI employees are also allowed to bring coolers in.

Yet still, she has the typical "Rules don't apply for me" attitude and once they are told they can't do something, they throw a temper tantrum. Similar attitudes occur when a driver is pulled over for speeding- "Why did you single me out officer? They are speeding too!"

Justifying breaking a rule because others are doing it too is quite pathetic.

• Like 3

Time for some good news:

Thanks Cedar Point for being a part of a new beginning for me. Last night my boyfriend asked me to marry him on the wind seeker at the way top!
:wub:

And in a few years:

Thanks Cedar Point for being a part of a new beginning for me. Last night I was going to divorce my husband on the wind seeker at the way top and he jumped before signing the papers!!

Yes, I have a sick sense of humor! ;)

• Like 12

Well, I mean she DOES have a point. I know it has been a rule for several years ( I seem to remember them actually allowing coolers in the mid 90s because I remember eating in the picnic area by Swan Lake. ) They need to enforce it consistently. How do some people make it in with huge coolers, and other people can't make it in with little ones? It doesn't really make sense

They can't possibly catch every single person attempting to break the rules.

No, but the amount caught will change drastically depending upon how much of an emphasis there is on enforcing any given rule. If workers see a no big deal leadership (do as I do) approach, it will carry over.

If, however, every worker saw leadership make a big deal about enforcing the rules, they would feel encouraged and empowered to do so also.

Over the past few years, I have carried in a small soft sided cooler probably 20 times. I was not asked about it once upon either entry or use - I felt it was mostly legal as it contained special diet food, but no one ever checked or asked me about it. To me that tells a story of complacency with that rule.

Couple of my favorites:

Talking about The Racer:

Most Likely Ride to Give You Whiplash
Do the lifeguards wear cowboy hats?
Manda... pretty much every Cedar Fair waterpark is named Soak City. They didn't copy. It's the same company ...

Really? What's Boomerang Bay, Splash Works, Water Works, etc...?

• Like 1