Comments posted on KI's Facebook page

Browntggrr

It is not that KI does not want people to leave and come back during Haunt, but is to prevent them from drinking and coming back in. The haunt crowd is very different from the crowds during the day which is mostly families and not a high school to college age crowd. Also they have check you before coming into the Haunt. I have seen security make a guest remove his belt that was made out of bullets and some with sharp studs that could cause physical harm.

• Like 4

But, as long as they buy the alcohol in the park...

Cedar Point rechecks guests as they re-enter. This is too difficult at Kings Island?

Cedar Point also has far, far more security visibility in the park.

Terp, who suspects the major reason for the difference in re-entry policy is the differences in the demographics the parks attract. Put simply, one of the two parks is a family oriented destination park.

• Like 3

But, as long as they buy the alcohol in the park...

Cedar Point rechecks guests as they re-enter. This is too difficult at Kings Island?

I think they don't want people going out to their car, downing a six-pack of beer, and coming back in. One, the park charges quite a bit for beer and that's money that they're losing if they allow that. Two, the park charges quite a bit for beer and that is likely to make people stop and say, "I can't afford six beers, so maybe I'll just live with two," resulting in them not getting as drunk and thus not being as likely to cause problems.

Cedar Point also has far, far more security visibility in the park.

I'm not sure if KI does this, but CP uses off-duty local police to suppliment their security forces, if I remember correctly.

How is CP more family oriented than HW? HW is family owned. HW also has family beliefs throughout the park, example nativity scene. CP is owned by a large chain. There is also just one large city close to Santa Claus, Indiana. In Northern Ohio there is Cleveland, Detroit, Akron, and Toledo.

I think they meant "H"allo"W"eekends.

Actually, I'm pretty positive that the no re-entry rule wasn't introduced until 2007. Which technically was the "first" year of Haunt... if you ignore the seven seasons before that where the event ran under a different name.

The no re-entry rule has been in effect since the beginning of FearFest. I have very fond memories of the "No Rentry" A-frame signs we had at the gate, and of turning people away during the event.

-Gator, PKI Admissions 1995-2004

• Like 3

Actually, I'm pretty positive that the no re-entry rule wasn't introduced until 2007. Which technically was the "first" year of Haunt... if you ignore the seven seasons before that where the event ran under a different name.

The no re-entry rule has been in effect since the beginning of FearFest. I have very fond memories of the "No Rentry" A-frame signs we had at the gate, and of turning people away during the event.

-Gator, PKI Admissions 1995-2004

"Scan Not Accepted, Re-Entry Not Allowed"

:)

• Like 1

During events that drew very heavy crowds, KI had hired off duty Mason PD and Warren County Sheriffs. If you look in the parking lot during operating hours, you will notice Mason PD in the parking lots. If you have people threatening scare actors as mentioned in another thread, imagine them having a few beers in them. As for them downing a 6 pack before coming into the park, if they appear intoxicated, security and KI PD can kick them out of the park and or arrest them.

Went to Halloween Haunt tonight had a good time, except for when I went to the Cut Throat Cove. The man working the door at 11:20pm was a total jerk. He screamed at me and my group to get in line which we were in apparently he wanted us scoot over but instead of asking us he got on my face and yelled at me. Then stood there in my face taunting me. I was so mad and upset that I didnt get to enjoy the hainted house. Its obvious to me that he cant handle his job.

Now this isn't a bad complaint at all. But, my question is, was this supposed to be his character, like in all the other Haunts? (all the other people yell at me, for fun).

Went to Halloween Haunt tonight had a good time, except for when I went to the Cut Throat Cove. The man working the door at 11:20pm was a total jerk. He screamed at me and my group to get in line which we were in apparently he wanted us scoot over but instead of asking us he got on my face and yelled at me. Then stood there in my face taunting me. I was so mad and upset that I didnt get to enjoy the hainted house. Its obvious to me that he cant handle his job.

Now this isn't a bad complaint at all. But, my question is, was this supposed to be his character, like in all the other Haunts? (all the other people yell at me, for fun).

He was a total DB the night we were there. I just chalked it up to being part of his "Act". Real Pirates weren't exactly nice people.

He was a total DB the night we were there. I just chalked it up to being part of his "Act". Real Pirates weren't exactly nice people.

Diamond Back? :lol: JK, I knew what you meant!

• Like 5

From CP's page.

This stuff can't be made up:

renewed my pass today....Very disappointed...I can't believe not only is a price discount not offered to those renewing their pass...but new buyers get a free day this year...so someone who is a loyal customer is actually getting less of a deal than a new customer. Awful way to run a business! Completely backwards and pathetic way to say you appreciate those who renew their pass.

And another:

Been here since 4:30 or so...halloweekends? Really? We wait in line...it rains..the ride closes. So, we spent money to ride what? Still waiting for the first roller coaster ride of the nite.....will it happen? Ever? It's now after 7 pm. And we got season tickets, too? Ugh...and not very friendly old lady customer service rep, either. "NO REFUNDS....IT SAYS RIGHT ON THE TICKET". Wow. What a great present for my 13 y/o sons birthday. Never again'

Same person commented later:

I don't care about the weather....I just wanted to leave and possibly return...you know...like other reputable parks would do. They'd redirect patrons in a NICE manner. You are all missing my point here. Being treated poorly, laughed at, chuckled to, asking "what do you want me to do...". Are those ways to treat people who really don't know what to do? So, we're saying it's ok to just NOT CARE now when you run the worlds best roller coaster capital ofthe world? Really? Is this the world we live in? Let's just all move on....we're broke and without fun. Yay...BLAH

This is a PRIME example of why I could not work in CS.

• Like 3

renewed my pass today....Very disappointed...I can't believe not only is a price discount not offered to those renewing their pass...but new buyers get a free day this year...so someone who is a loyal customer is actually getting less of a deal than a new customer. Awful way to run a business! Completely backwards and pathetic way to say you appreciate those who renew their pass.

I kinda semi agree with this. I don't know why people renewing would need a free day this season as we have unlimited visits already, but I do think we should get a slight discount. Renewal passes should be a little less than a brand new one. That kinda makes sense. Although I don't really have an issue with the current pass price (I think it's a great price for what you get, even free parking!), I wouldn't mind a slight discount as an incentive to renew or as a perk for being a loyal customer.

• Like 4

^ Isn't the discount being sought after the same perk offered to bring a friend for a discount day?

Not sure what you're asking here. A discount and a "Bring a friend for a discount day" are two separate things. The discount I was referring to was a cheaper renewal price. I believe the current price for a new pass or a renewal is $79.99? A renewal price of like $69.99 or even $74.99 would be nice. I was saying that I agreed with him on the renewal price discount statement. I didn't necessarily agree that people renewing passes needed a free day since we already had a pass and had unlimited days. I do think though that people renewing should be given a slight discount as a perk for being a loyal KI customer, that's all.

Right or wrong, its about making customers feel they are important. Even offering a few bucks off (5) it may not hurt the bottom line too much but it would make the guests feel good. Just like the rewards system. Spend hundreds of dollars and get a free pop (exageration). Customers feel good and are willing to spend even more money..

• Like 1

I'll admit, this is a problem you'll find a lot of places. If you at one time had a membership or pass somewhere, you're likely to get a mailer asking you to come back in, promising that you'll get a free something or a discount something as thanks for ending your period of inactivity. Meanwhile, those who've stuck around from the beginning aren't rewarded - why should they be, financial wizards would say: they'll stay with or without an incentive!

However, $79.99 for unlimited visits, unlimited free parking, unlimited Halloween Haunt, and Fun Perks is a fantastic deal. Six payments of $13.33 is the same deal, but spectacularly accessible to families who might not be able to invest up front.

I almost guarantee you'll see a renewal discount once the regular pass arrives and the Gold Pass gets its annual price boost. But for now, you're talking about rock bottom pricing to begin with, and you can still redeem Fun Perks for the rest of the season, right? Sounds like enough incentive to me.

• Like 2