Comments posted on KI's Facebook page

Browntggrr

Again, its not about the value of a season pass (which is a great value). Its about the perceived value and savings. JCPenny recently went "rock bottom" pricing. They do not offer sales or coupons, and their goods are rounded to the nearest dollar. However, people do not shop as often because they are not getting a "deal."

JCPenny relies on customers coming multiple times per year, not one purchase/ year as in the case of any park's season pass.
  • Like 1

Parks are highly dependent on per caps--in park revenue--from upcharge rides to food, merchandise and games, not just admission revenue. Some parks, like Cedar Point, also have lodging revenue, camping, etc.

The longer parks can get guests to stay, the more the opportunity for revenue, driving things like late night entertainment, be it Luminousity, fireworks, etc. And more visits equates more revenue, though less so with season passholders. Hence things like in park discounts, group sales, early ride times and Fun Perks.

Deep fried worms? Crunchy fried worms? BBQ flavored worms? They are an excellent source of protein, which my green beret friend said they learned in search and rescue and survival training. He said they are very tasty with a little bit of hot sauce poured on them. They might be, but ask the people that ate them after chugging the liquor and swallowed the worm in the bottle! :)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Seriously? A photo of his computer screen? Why doesn't that guy know how to take a proper screenshot?

The gall to not know how to do that is infuriating, no doubt. Perhaps he was to preoccupied with doing the tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of things that were more important than knowing how to take, what you deem to be, a "proper screenshot"

<_<

or perhaps he couldn't care less...

• Like 3

Seriously? A photo of his computer screen? Why doesn't that guy know how to take a proper screenshot?

The gall to not know how to do that is infuriating, no doubt. Perhaps he was to preoccupied with doing the tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of things that were more important than knowing how to take, what you deem to be, a "proper screenshot"

<_<

or perhaps he couldn't care less...

Ya gotta admit though it is very funny to post about a typo on FB by taking a literal pic of a desktop screen, but cannot take a screen shot, or even take the time to Google how to take a screen shot.

• Like 2

So this isn't Kings Island related but there was this controvsery about Dick's Sporting Goods recently.

I see tons of comments with tons of likes saying "Never shopping at Dick's again."

WHY do people do this? Am I abnormal or something? Just because one store does this (and it's just a joke, and I think it's funny), you people won't ever shop at Dick's again? Remember that pathetic Chick Fil A controversy? Just like it. I shop at places because I want to buy things, and one little thing like this won't keep me from shopping from there.

If Target started selling jerseys that said, "Teblow" I would still shop there...:P

• Like 1

Sorry for changing the subject seemingly randomly, but I always enjoy the people who complain about prices in the park. First off, with the addition of Hank's Nachos, a skinny non-health conscious person like myself can finally get a reasonably large plate of food in the park for around $5. Because of this, I did not leave KI to eat this past season as I have always done in seasons past. But I guess I get that normal people don't view a plate of nachos as a meal. But with the drink wristbands, the cost of drinks have DEFINITELY gone down for folks like me who like soda (or any other fountain drink available).

And second, they should be thankful I'm not running the park. When I play RCT, I charge $35 to get into the park, AND every ride is an upcharge. And my people don't complain. Or rather, they stop once I introduce them to Mr. Lake (:<

• Like 9

And second, they should be thankful I'm not running the park. When I play RCT, I charge $35 to get into the park, AND every ride is an upcharge. And my people don't complain. Or rather, they stop once I introduce them to Mr. Lake (:<

I think Mr. Lake demands a raise, even on his schedule, he has to make a profit. I gave him a 5% raise a few days ago as his Christmas Bonus, you should do the same before he quits

So this isn't Kings Island related but there was this controvsery about Dick's Sporting Goods recently.

I see tons of comments with tons of likes saying "Never shopping at Dick's again."

WHY do people do this? Am I abnormal or something? Just because one store does this (and it's just a joke, and I think it's funny), you people won't ever shop at Dick's again? Remember that pathetic Chick Fil A controversy? Just like it. I shop at places because I want to buy things, and one little thing like this won't keep me from shopping from there.

If Target started selling jerseys that said, "Teblow" I would still shop there... :P

I don't see how threatening to never shop at and/or protest a sporting goods store chain because a lone store poked fun at an overrated quarterback (through which he did indeed spend more time beside the field rather than on it, and even then more blame should be put on Sanchez and Rex Ryan) is the same thing as threatening to never eat at and/or protest a restaurant because the C.O.O. openly opposes same-sex marriage/LGBT rights (through which the fight to make it legal has been through hell and back, and seen them victimized, assaulted and bullied to the point of suicide).

• Like 4