Halloween Haunt 2012

BB1

Durga would be lit up with the water light that was behind The Bat demon last season and a couple other red and blue lights.

You'd need about 100 of those water lights to even remotely start to see Durga in the dark.

Just a couple to light up her face, not the whole figure.

Like I said before, if done right, the new Haunt attraction could be spectacular. Likewise, it could be quite lackluster.

Now there was another idea, but the idea is now void due to BB leaving. (Australian spirits and ghosts of the outback, with shacks, caves, and the outback!)

You act as if they can't have a haunted house themed to the Australian outback, even if it isn't in the water park, simply because the water park lost its Australian theme. If anything, that would make for an interesting retheme to Cut-Throat Cove, switching the pirate motif to an Aussie resort oasis gone horribly wrong (reminiscent of the video game Dead Island).

• Like 1

Now there was another idea, but the idea is now void due to BB leaving. (Australian spirits and ghosts of the outback, with shacks, caves, and the outback!)

You act as if they can't have a haunted house themed to the Australian outback, even if it isn't in the water park, simply because the water park lost its Australian theme. If anything, that would make for an interesting retheme to Cut-Throat Cove, switching the pirate motif to an Aussie resort oasis gone horribly wrong (reminiscent of the video game Dead Island).

Well its based off of that there was already BB stuff, new items do not have the correct motif, but you are correct there can be. Old BB items scattered along (maybe a BB1 reference? I may only hope :wub: ) with didgeridoos over hanging the sound of screams.

Since it may come, I think I will share the idea( In a modified form, due to BB extraction)

The name would be either "Boomerang Bay's revenge" and or "Australian Nightmare Time" (based off of aboriginal "dream time" lore)

Enterance, the "walkabout" cause way

The same in/out boarded up figure, old BB signs and drapes hang around you, with people dressed in outback like garb, some scareactors, others figurenes. Didgeridoos have skulls, and heads on them, with faint didgeridoo music in the air, fog comes out of didgeridoos scattered along the path.

Waterpark

Enters the Sandals shop,

with "Matilda's sign hanging off with a flickering light shining on it. False paintings of Australian places such as Mt. Uluru, hang on the walls, with people(zombies and people) saying things like "You shouldnt have taken us down" on the inside, a crashed jeep front through a wall houses a man screaming "Run!", going forward you leave the store

Outside Waterpark,

You go into an open ceiling area, with old signs and boards scattered along the side, people painted to look like signs and paintings come out and scare you as you walk through the dim lit hallway. A large mechanical snake (Rainbow Serpent) that lashes out at you. Then zombie Captain Cooke scares you as you walk by a ship wreck. You enter a cave like area, with echos of yelling, and old chants. People dressed as aboriginies, aborigine zombies, and aboriginal spirits jump from the crevases and from the holes in the wall. A old woman, calls you to come into a dark hole, you follow her, into a pit with a larger snake poking out of the wall spraying "poison" at you. You come out next to the water fountain, which has the old skin on, and hanging people. People (not real, just fake) dressed like aborigines, and outback themed, twitching (like the hanging scene) and screaming.

SeaSide Supplies

Hanging Mic's sign on the entry, you enter darker hallways, with black lights shining on paintings, old signs, and zombies in hiding. Designs of the wooden pannels are all over, and the hand symbol. The maze is filled with didgeridoos "puffing" fog that fills the air and ground. You soon exit the shop, going back to the train station.

Outside WaterPark

You walk through hanging bathingsuits, hats, and old BB shirts that hide zombies and spirits of the BB.

Cause Way

Zombies and spirits of the outback chase you to the end, where there is one last scare, a mechanical "springing" zombie kangaroo to scare you away.

If anything goes into plan, I will see it, and I will look for things that I posted, who knows a whole maze about the old rides coming back for revenge on KI?

They should piggy back off of the Ghost Hunters show and turn the HH VIP dinner into a haunted dinner. Have the servers in turn of the century cloths. Nothing happen during the appetizers. Then as the entrees are being served a young lady in a little blue dress comes skipping through the dinning room at random holding a little dolly. As the entrees progress the little girl starts to get frightened calling out for here mommy. Then as the desserts are being eaten an older woman covered in debris. Possibly for some sort of gun powder explosion comes running frantically through the dinning area. "Jane... Jane... Where are you Jane..." The older lady could go to random table asking if they have seen her, that she was wearing a little blue dress, that she was lost right after the explosion, that she may answer to the name Missouri Jane. Then just as everything is wrapping up. Over the speakers you hear the little girl say "Mommy, where did you go mommy, why is it so cold in here? where did this bright light come from?"

Me I would find that really creepy and I would do the dinner multiple times. But that is just me.

• Like 3

It's probably nothing, but I was checking out the Haunt page on the website and happened to notice the URL...

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/halloween-events/Halloween-Haunt-1-13-12-21

I haven't noticed any other pages on the KI website that have extra numbers on the end, so it may be nothing, but does that mean anything significant about the Haunt to anyone here?

• Like 1

It's probably nothing, but I was checking out the Haunt page on the website and happened to notice the URL...

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/halloween-events/Halloween-Haunt-1-13-12-21

I haven't noticed any other pages on the KI website that have extra numbers on the end, so it may be nothing, but does that mean anything significant about the Haunt to anyone here?

Anyone else notice that lady was carrying a Paramount Parks cup?

• Like 8

Anyone else notice that lady was carrying a Paramount Parks cup?

just saw that made me laugh

• Like 1

Hot off the press from Screamscape:

icon_STOP.gifPark News - (7/31/12) We know Kings Island was planning on putting the former Crypt attraction building to use for Halloween Haunt, but according to the latest rumors, we may see the huge indoor space put to use to hold a two or possibly even three level haunted house structure.

The ride chamber's footprint itself is quite large, yet it sits 10-15 feet below grade when looked at from the preshow room, so it's understandable a staircase or ramp would be erected to get to ground level. That said, a multiple-leveled haunt would be quite a challenge and a staffing nightmare trying to keep what would be a monstrous-sized crew in check throughout the run.

Hot off the press from Screamscape:

icon_STOP.gifPark News - (7/31/12) We know Kings Island was planning on putting the former Crypt attraction building to use for Halloween Haunt, but according to the latest rumors, we may see the huge indoor space put to use to hold a two or possibly even three level haunted house structure.

The ride chamber's footprint itself is quite large, yet it sits 10-15 feet below grade when looked at from the preshow room, so it's understandable a staircase or ramp would be erected to get to ground level. That said, a multiple-leveled haunt would be quite a challenge and a staffing nightmare trying to keep what would be a monstrous-sized crew in check throughout the run.

Well that is what they are! :P Anyways this idea sounds great (Just please have clearance 7+!) for a tri level haunt, which if I remember correctly this will be the first of its kind at KI.

Hmm.. Well, I am going to apply to work at KI this fall, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about auditions for hot blooded. Would the Aug 3rd, 4th, & 5th interviews be the place to audition for that? (or any other possible halloween shows) Or is it strictly scare-actors?

And is there an elevator? If not, how are you going to reasonably accommodate the differently abled?

Are Haunt's required to be handicap accessible? With the tight walkways and constant traffic, it doesn't seem like an area that could be accessed even if it were one floor! If it is only one story, and located on the "garage" level, a staircase would need to be built. If it must be accessible, then an elevator would need to be put in too.