Halloween Haunt 2012

BB1

Does anyone have any ideas to wolfpack? since they are taking SOB down will it still be there or moving or just going away?? Any thoughts?

You sir, have alot to learn about.

Has there been an announcement about haunt yet? Like any new attractions and stuff? Cause I'm seeing all the other parks announcements but not KI!

No not yet. I'd expect the announcement/website to be up right after Labor Day. Patience is a virtue lol. Only a month away, so you don't have long to wait regardless!

I wonder if the queue line for Crypt will be used as part of the haunt or used as the queue, and the actual haunt start once you enter the former home of the ride. It would be cool to enter right at the cave (or right before) and venture through there. But because how busy haunt is, they need as much queue line space as possible. I also wonder if it will be the only new haunt for Kings Island.

• Like 1

Well I just say this, I don't go to Halloween Haunt, so for whoever goes and reviews the mazes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give a heavy, detailed review of that haunt. Put it in spoilers if you must, just let me know ALL about it :D

Considering I will be preoccupied with another local haunt and won't be able to attend this year's event, I second this motion. Also:

I wonder if the queue line for Crypt will be used as part of the haunt or used as the queue, and the actual haunt start once you enter the former home of the ride. It would be cool to enter right at the cave (or right before) and venture through there. But because how busy haunt is, they need as much queue line space as possible. I also wonder if it will be the only new haunt for Kings Island.

I would imagine/hope at least a portion of Crypt's indoor queue is used to alleviate the potential problem of its line overflowing out into Rivertown's midway. Especially if Tombstone Terrortory returns this season, which has the problem of having the line for the train extend as far back as Rivertown Arcade.

Well I just say this, I don't go to Halloween Haunt, so for whoever goes and reviews the mazes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give a heavy, detailed review of that haunt. Put it in spoilers if you must, just let me know ALL about it :D

Considering I will be preoccupied with another local haunt and won't be able to attend this year's event, I second this motion. Also:

Count me as third...to be at a Haunt far away from KI and Ohio. o.o

This is just my honest opinion here, it seems as if Haunt has gone downhill in the past few years. The mazes have become less scary and more of a gimmick. I hardly see any haunt members roaming the park anymore. I wish they would do something like they use to with the walk through scare zones, I always loved those. Maybe this year will bring about a big change in the haunt aspect. I still look forward to it every year.

I do also have a question, with me having a 2012 Platinum Pass will I be able to get in the park? On the site it is saying get in for free with a 2013 season pass.

^^Did you go last year? All of International Street was a scare zone (Cemetary), as was the path between Great Pumpkin Coaster & the Peanuts Theater/Holiday Horror. There were also roamers in Coney & Action Zone.

The 2012 Platinum Pass will get you into Haunt this year.

I must have missed that last year, I only saw one scareactor and that was the individual that slides on his knees.

Hello everyone!

So I've been looking through this thread and I was wondering about crowds. Last year was my first time at Haunt and I went on a saturday (mid october), and the park was packed. I knew that this would probably happen, but it was still a shock to go from the crowd earlier that day at the park to the amount of people there for Haunt.

However, this year, we're going on a friday night (again, mid october). I've heard that it's significantly better, crowd-wise. If I probably don't plan on going to all of the houses/scarezones, is it worth it to buy a fright pass to get around the friday lines?

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

So I've been looking through this thread and I was wondering about crowds. Last year was my first time at Haunt and I went on a saturday (mid october), and the park was packed. I knew that this would probably happen, but it was still a shock to go from the crowd earlier that day at the park to the amount of people there for Haunt.

However, this year, we're going on a friday night (again, mid october). I've heard that it's significantly better, crowd-wise. If I probably don't plan on going to all of the houses/scarezones, is it worth it to buy a fright pass to get around the friday lines?

Thanks!

If you aren't going to go into all the mazes, you are probably better off not buying the pass and waiting.

I am always VERY excited for Haunt. Personally, it is my favorite time to go to the park. Having all the different things to do, and the completely different atmosphere makes it seem like a different place. Sure the mazes aren't the scariest, but they are a lot of fun. I can't wait for this year's Haunt and what will be offered inside The Crypt.

• Like 1

Haunted houses always get me. I have no idea why. If you go through a haunted house with me, I guarantee you will come out laughing your head off.

CoasterGeek101 made BB1 be reminded of his number 1 memory of my 1st haunted house experience. I made 1 pun, which led to another1, and then he made a "scarer" into 1 "laugher" which made every1 laugh at 1 point or the other. (As you may see 1 is my favorite, and most FUN number)

Haunted houses always get me. I have no idea why. If you go through a haunted house with me, I guarantee you will come out laughing your head off.

CoasterGeek101 made BB1 be reminded of his number 1 memory of my 1st haunted house experience. I made 1 pun, which led to another1, and then he made a "scarer" into 1 "laugher" which made every1 laugh at 1 point or the other. (As you may see 1 is my favorite, and most FUN number)

English please.

• Like 3