Halloween Haunt 2012

BB1

^^ Err... What misery is Urgent Scare under? It's consistently been one of the higher quality haunts since its introduction in 2008. Same goes for Club Blood since it opened in 2007.

^ Yes! :D I'm excited for you. With the way you were staying mysterious about it, I was starting to think you were going to be in the new house.

Blood Drums sounds very interesting, and I'm curious to see how they do this in Action Zone. If it's under the water tower, I'll be glad--that spot's had the same old bloodied alien animatronic for the past few seasons, with wiring in full view.

I'm also very intrigued by Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror. That's not the theme I was expecting of the old Crypt building, but it's got some real potential. Heck, the name alone is, with all due respect to Slaughterhouse, Holiday Horror, etc., better than any of the new attractions in recent years. Consider my hopes heightened.

EDIT: I also have to point out that the lady they used for the MFCoT photo is one of my favorite scareactors. She's been at Cemetery Drive (both when in Tower Gardens and in International Street) and (I think) CornStalkers in previous years, and she really gets into her roles. I hope she's back this year.

• Like 1

^^ Err... What misery is Urgent Scare under? It's consistently been one of the higher quality haunts since its introduction in 2008. Same goes for Club Blood since it opened in 2007.

I'm also very intrigued by Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror. That's not the theme I was expecting of the old Crypt building, but it's got some real potential. Heck, the name alone is, with all due respect to Slaughterhouse, Holiday Horror, etc., better than any of the new attractions in recent years. Consider my hopes heightened.

Club Blood doesn't appeal to me. It wasn't scary, more raunchy. And rather boring, may I add. It didn't do anything for me. As for Urgent Scare, I went through it last season as well, and I feel it was very hurt by the loss of the outdoor portion. To me, all it was was a very lost hospital, not an infected psycho town.

I also am very excited about Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror. They may not be able to reuse the skeletons, but they could replace them with wax figurines and / or scareactors (I'm thinking the queue portion right before the antechamber) and simultaneously utilizing all of the lighting fixtures we got in 2011.

If done right, this will be my favorite for a long time (not just for the fact that it's in The Crypt's former building!).

Hmm, "blood" man group at Action Zone in my thoughts! :P

This museum idea seems to originate from the Knotts museum if you start to think about it. I will just wait to give my reaction to the "newbie" after I enter the "cavern". As I said a few years back "Give me Trail of Terror, or give me death, or at least something thats greater!"

Something else I've just noticed: the scare zones have been revamped! Nightmare Alley, formerly in Planet Snoopy, has been moved to the path between the front gate and Action Zone. Action Zone's scare zone--whose previous name escapes me, if it even had one in 2011--is now Grimm Boulevard. Cemetery Drive is where it was last year (International Street.) Finally, taking the place of Nightmare Alley in Planet Snoopy is Freak Street... which sounds suspiciously similar to Nightmare Alley, at least in theory. Nightmare Alley's 2011 boxes as of Labor Day have already been installed in Planet Snoopy, so perhaps Freak Street will (more accurately) claim Nightmare Alley's "haunted carnival" theme and Nightmare Alley will get a theme more appropriate for something called "Nightmare Alley." Or maybe it will become a catch basin for the roamers that don't really fit any other theme, like the bush monster (which would blend in really well in the bushes along that path, by the by.) I don't know.

Also, maybe it's just how they made the map, but Mysteria's marker is now over the Coney Mall arcade down by Vortex/WindSeeker. I wonder if they're moving it there. Then again, Racer's lift covers Mysteria's 2011 building on the map, so maybe they put the marker there just to give a general idea of where Mysteria is located.

• Like 4

CoasterGeek101 is going Opening Night! Haunted houses always get me. I have no idea why. If you go through a haunted house with me, I guarantee you will come out laughing your head off.

I will be there too! I dont know though, as haunted houses scare me to death but in the end im always laughing.

• Like 1

I like the new street themes that the Haunt has, it seems fitting for the Haunt. While on the topic of favorite actors... One woman stood out to me a few years back, a woman in a "girl scout zombie" costume was near the end of Wolf Pack a few years back and she did a great job at scaring people, then the next year I saw the woman at Boomerang Bay, great job scaring!

CoasterGeek101 is going Opening Night! Haunted houses always get me. I have no idea why. If you go through a haunted house with me, I guarantee you will come out laughing your head off.

I will be there too! I dont know though, as haunted houses scare me to death but in the end im always laughing.

Me, too. I'm looking forward to my favorite haunts, and really want to see that wax museum.

There's a real was museum in Gatlinberg that scared me as a kid- I'd like to experience that again.

Guest TombraiderTy

I wonder if there will be any changes to Mysteria this year. When I visited Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando last October, there was a house called "The In-Between". It was a black light lit maze that started with a college dorm room and an Ouija board and eventually led to a collection of bizarre and unusual rooms with equally weird demons and monsters. The whole idea was very different but very entertaining, and the free 3D glasses made it even better. I would love to see a revamp of Mysteria to something similar to this, with more creatures and decorations. Personally, I'd like a slight retheme to something like "Insanity" - a new batch of energy drinks has caused hallucinations amongst its users, and park guests travel through these hallucinations and apparitions.

• Like 1

Personally, I'd like a slight retheme to something like "Insanity" - a new batch of energy drinks has caused hallucinations amongst its users, and park guests travel through these hallucinations and apparitions.

Didn't they try this when Urgent Scare first opened in '08? All I remember was a quick glimpse of an ad for an energy drink on the marquee where the entrance sat and apparently that was what caused the viral outbreak.

• Like 2

Guest TombraiderTy

^Yep, the drink was named "Magnum" and it was featured on both the attraction sign and on queue TVs, alongside some physical cans in the attraction too I think. Some performers also shouted out things like "Magnum did this to me!", which was a nice touch.

For Insanity, the same idea would be applied but in more detail - maybe have some queue TVs in the line playing some a news story on the drink and the chaos it's causing, constantly mention the drink in the house, etc.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...