Invertigo Down

RollerCoasterRoyalty

How many avid bike riders do we have here? I bet you keep your bike in good maintenance only to find while riding it that the sprocket or chain keeps on rubbing the frame or you your chain comes off. Or you find your wheel not being tru and rubs the frame. I take good care of my bike and these kind of things will happen and I had to walk my bike home one day after a ride down to Cincinnati. It requires maintenance to fix the problem and you do not ride it until you have it fixed. It is the same thing with rides at Kings Island. Just because a ride requires maintenance does not mean they have issues with that or any ride. Anything mechanical will require maintenance during the operation and if you ignore it it will only get worse and cause much more intensive repairs to be made. If you ignore the maintenance issues then you have a safety issue that will cause passengers to be injured due to repair needs being put off to the side. Would you rather Kings Island keep the rides operating and ignore any and all maintenance requirements just so you can ride it to your hearts content at risk of a car falling off the track? I think not. I saw the mechanics inspecting the ride and working to get it going then testing it until they were convinced that it met all of their safety requirements this morning and early afternoon.

Not sure about why people get bent out of shape about a topic posted. I think that if a ride is down for the majority of the day, if not all day, that is newsworthy and should be mentioned. I would hate to go to the park and see that FOF or FH is down all day especially when I could have been notified ahead of time. If it is posted here I can see that there has been a problem with the ride and then call KI ahead of my visit time to make sure the ride is fixed. If my favorite ride or two rides are down the day I plan to go, I would change my mind and not make the trip. No need to jump down someone's throat because they posted something about a ride's down time.

Side note: If you haven't seen a useful post here in a while:

A. Make a useful post/topic yourself

or

B. Don't comment and wait until something "useful" comes up.

• Like 4