New Funperks Features

khaoskat

Yes.

The park knows you were in the park.

You can keep the wrist band forever and ever, if you choose.

If you want to redeem it, you probably had better do so this season.

You used to work in the park. In admissions, no less. As you have been told here again and again, ask the park questions like this. Only their answers are official. I could have just as easily told you the answers were 64 and a pooty tat.

And someone else might.

• Like 1

Yeah, I recently tried Hank's Burrito Shack myself. As far as burritos go, it's good, but it's no Chipotle or Qdoba. I'd say it's better than Hot Head, though--the chicken at Hank's is pretty tasty. It's worth at least one try, and it's possible anyone may like it enough to make several return visits. The easily accessible Freestyle machine doesn't hurt, either, especially since it's usable with the all-day drink wristbands. (If only they didn't ditch 2011's fries in the conversion... The seasoning on those was DELICIOUS.)

The easily accessible Freestyle machine doesn't hurt, either, especially since it's usable with the all-day drink wristbands.

What? I've used the Freestyle machine in the fudge shop twice with 20oz wristbands and had to pay each time. The FUN Perks voucher also clearly states that the wristband is not valid at Freestyle locations. Are you saying that Hank's does accept them? And if so, are they supposed to accept them?

^ Well... I do know they accepted mine the day I redeemed the one you get for signing up (sometime in mid-June, I believe.) I frankly never paid the Fun Perks slip much attention when I printed it very shortly after Fun Perks was launched, and I forgot the slip the day I redeemed the perk. The Fun Perks booth employees were able to access my account and reprint the slip for me, then redeem it. The fudge shop employees said it was not usable in that shop; the Hank's employees said it was usable there when I asked.

Since I didn't really pay the voucher much attention, I don't really know if it said anything about Freestyle machines at the time. (Quite frankly, I didn't really mind if it did have the limitation. Free pop's free pop.) Maybe the rules changed between then and now?

As far as the burritos go, those, along with the cheesesteaks, are one of the "most food for your money" items - you get a lot of food for a relatively reasonable price (still expensive, but about what you'd pay for something similar at Chipotle or a similar place).

for anyone trying to figure out what it takes to move up levels. I woke up friday morning, 87.5% away from level 3. Had some family going to the park for most of the day, so I was going to meet them in the evening. Got to the park around 4:30, used my free drink wrist band (been holding off all year as we typically only go in the evenings, so it doesn't serve much purpose) then meet up. I didn't realize how bad the weather was about to get (actually I don't think it was bad at KI, but rides were shut down b/c of the lightening, most of the bad stuff was south-east of the park) so they decided to had home. My wife wanted a drink for the ride home, so I dodged rain drops over the skyline chili and thought, I might as well buy something to see where I move to. So I bought a rice crispy treat to share w/ whomoever wanted it for $3.82 and saw that I was at 3 star level.

Got home and logged in to see that I was indeed a 3 star, now 50% away from level 4 status. I can't imagine the $3.82 in spending pushed me that far, nor the visit itself, so that redeeming an award had to count for something, well that or, they move you from to middle of star status really quick to encourage you to spend more money next time.

Medford - I noticed when I was there Tuesday night, prior to the visit I was at 52% of the way to 3 star. After logging my visit, redeeming a drink wristband (my daughters), and we purchased a popcorn refill and redeemed an instant reward for cotton candy, I was at 67% of the way to level 3.

After that we purchased a pair of shorts at the store with tax just shy of $16, and there was no advancement. I also noticed when I did that, that I didn't even get the print out showing what level I was and recommending registering your card (ie the instant reward ticket with no reward). I have been checking the last couple of days, and I am still at 67%. I wonder if my purchase didn't get counted.

Medford - I noticed when I was there Tuesday night, prior to the visit I was at 52% of the way to 3 star. After logging my visit, redeeming a drink wristband (my daughters), and we purchased a popcorn refill and redeemed an instant reward for cotton candy, I was at 67% of the way to level 3.

After that we purchased a pair of shorts at the store with tax just shy of $16, and there was no advancement. I also noticed when I did that, that I didn't even get the print out showing what level I was and recommending registering your card (ie the instant reward ticket with no reward). I have been checking the last couple of days, and I am still at 67%. I wonder if my purchase didn't get counted.

Did you get a receipt for the shorts? It should say funperks transaction if it went thru, if it does not then it more then likey didn't go thru.

The same thing happened to me! I bought two meals at the buffet place by Diamondback and the receipts didn't say anything about fun perks. When I got home, I had not advanced at all.

Did you get a receipt for the shorts? It should say funperks transaction if it went thru, if it does not then it more then likey didn't go thru.

Yes, I have the receipt. I will dig it out of my purse and look at it in a bit. I don't recall anything on it about fun perks though when I looked, but will double check.

BTW - if you are at the park, and a place has their scanners down/broke, if you stop by the fun perks booth at the front of the park, they can add your points right there for you.

On that note..spending $2.12 for popcorn; $2.12 for cotton candy; and $1.38 plus visit brought up another 15% towards level 3.

• Like 1

Interesting, the train tour is now only a Meet the Train Conductor tour. Much less cool if you ask me.

Yeah, I rung that one up for my 4 year old as he loves trains. I think we're going on friday evening and might use it, so we'll see what exactly is all entailed, but when I first hear about it, I thought it was for some sort of behind the scences, go back to the storage/repair shed kind of thing. At least that was what I was hoping. At any rate, it will make his day, so its worth it at any rate, but next season I'd likely choose another reward if its just a meet the conducter, get a photo by the train kind of thing.

Has anyone redeemed and printed (I assume none have been used yet) a reward for $x off a 2013 pass? I have one at $10 for a level 2 reward, and another at $20 for a level 3, and assume there will be another option at level 4 if/when I get there.

My question is, can I print off both the $20 and the $10 reward and use both? I'll have to purchass multiple passes, so I suspect I can use one on one pass, and the other on another, or perhaps I'd have to do them in seperate orders, but they reward voucher might limit your options.